king canary

New Labour Leader

4 hours ago, Jools said:

Au contraire, Beckett, every bone in your body is racist --- You're an anti-Semitic Anglophobe...

That's why you, the Labour Party and its supporters will remain the minority ad infinitumĀ šŸ‘

100 likes

https://news.sky.com/story/starmer-slumps-17-points-behind-pm-in-new-poll-and-a-third-of-labour-voters-want-him-to-quit-12307527

Now 17 points behind BJ

This thread will be about the forthcoming leadership contest before too long I suspect. Burnham starting to make his case as the man that can rebuild the red wall, Yvette Cooper on Marr this morning, first time I have seen her for a while, all beginning to make their case.

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

https://news.sky.com/story/starmer-slumps-17-points-behind-pm-in-new-poll-and-a-third-of-labour-voters-want-him-to-quit-12307527

Now 17 points behind BJ

This thread will be about the forthcoming leadership contest before too long I suspect. Burnham starting to make his case as the man that can rebuild the red wall, Yvette Cooper on Marr this morning, first time I have seen her for a while, all beginning to make their case.

The Party has to sort it out quickly. How can anyone be that far behind the worst PM in modern history?

People are cancelling their membership and the recent elections showed that those who want better left viewing policies will go Green.

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The Party has to sort it out quickly. How can anyone be that far behind the worst PM in modern history?

People are cancelling their membership and the recent elections showed that those who want better left viewing policies will go Green.

I don't think I have seen him since the election?

I was thinking about this a month ago and I'm encouraged to read this earlier today. I can see aĀ  progressive alliance working well. The majority of the country needs and would welcome a broader centre of ideas. Even disaffected Tory voters I suspect who are witnessing such an unpleasant change in their 'home' party.

Bring this on for me and quickly.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/16/green-party-jonathan-bartley-keir-starmer-door-is-open-for-talks?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I was thinking about this a month ago and I'm encouraged to read this earlier today. I can see aĀ  progressive alliance working well. The majority of the country needs and would welcome a broader centre of ideas. Even disaffected Tory voters I suspect who are witnessing such an unpleasant change in their 'home' party.

Bring this on for me and quickly.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/16/green-party-jonathan-bartley-keir-starmer-door-is-open-for-talks?

With two by-elections coming up hopefully this sort of thinking gathers more pace. Both seats are winnable but it will need some setting aside of old grudges for it to come about. Grown up politics from the leaders please.šŸ‘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jools said:

šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Is that the best you've got? A tedious repetition of words relating to the recognition of the equal rights of all our people. Perhaps you might like to comment on the following video detailing a certain politician's involvement in a conspiracy to violently assault a journalist:

Ā 

Three cheers for the binmen of Batley. More balls than Starmer and the National Education Union put together:

The Bury branch of Unite, which represents refuse collectors, has put forward a motion championing the Batley Grammar schoolteacher who was suspended for showing his pupils an image of Muhammad during a religious studies lesson. The emergency motion, submitted for consideration at the National Conference of Trade Union Councils in June, urges all unions to back the teacher.

The motion points out that Englandā€™s blasphemy laws were formally abolished more than a decade ago and insists there should be no ā€˜dogmatic restraintsā€™ on our right to discuss religious matters, including Islamic matters.

The proponent of the motion is Brian Bamford, secretary of Tameside Trade Union Council and a retired electrician. He says:Ā 

ā€˜This is a motion which has come in from binmen, from ordinary working peopleā€¦ Freedom of expression is very important. I donā€™t feel guilty in any way for taking a stand on this issue.ā€™

17 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Three cheers for the binmen of Batley. More balls than Starmer and the National Education Union put together:

The Bury branch of Unite, which represents refuse collectors, has put forward a motion championing the Batley Grammar schoolteacher who was suspended for showing his pupils an image of Muhammad during a religious studies lesson. The emergency motion, submitted for consideration at the National Conference of Trade Union Councils in June, urges all unions to back the teacher.

The motion points out that Englandā€™s blasphemy laws were formally abolished more than a decade ago and insists there should be no ā€˜dogmatic restraintsā€™ on our right to discuss religious matters, including Islamic matters.

The proponent of the motion is Brian Bamford, secretary of Tameside Trade Union Council and a retired electrician. He says:Ā 

ā€˜This is a motion which has come in from binmen, from ordinary working peopleā€¦ Freedom of expression is very important. I donā€™t feel guilty in any way for taking a stand on this issue.ā€™

Why just SKS? He isn't in power. Ask the PM. Your arguments are getting weaker and moreĀ desperate.

Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why just SKS? He isn't in power. Ask the PM. Your arguments are getting weaker and moreĀ desperate.

Ā 

Ā 

Why SKS?

Because he is Leader of the Opposition and needs to state his position so we all know what he stands for. Does he believe in freedom of speech or not? It seems the binmen of Batley do, and care enough to bring a motion at the TUC conference.

As it stands, Starmer chickened out, unsurprisingly, when he could have made a strong statement supporting free speech. Instead he said to the Yorkshire Post "I think firstly the school is obviously dealing with the incident in question, and we need to let them get on with that process." Weasel words and a cop-out. As I said, no balls.

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Why SKS?

Because he is Leader of the Opposition and needs to state his position so we all know what he stands for. Does he believe in freedom of speech or not? It seems the binmen of Batley do, and care enough to bring a motion at the TUC conference.

As it stands, Starmer chickened out, unsurprisingly, when he could have made a strong statement supporting free speech. Instead he said to the Yorkshire Post "I think firstly the school is obviously dealing with the incident in question, and we need to let them get on with that process." Weasel words and a cop-out. As I said, no balls.

Well a report has just said what Boris is like, so I ask you again. Why SKS? Its going to the TUC. That is not the Labour Party. It is the collective for Unions.

I know you are a Tory but your determination to smear Labour isn't working. Most of us don't want SKS as leader. And we will say so. But it is evident that your silence about Cummings revelations means you are totally blinkered.

Johnson is PM and a racist. Now its been proved he is a thick, ego driven liar. So why not criticise the man in power who has killed thousands by his ineptness rather than looking for a pathetic motion from some racist dustbinmen to prove your bias.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well a report has just said what Boris is like, so I ask you again. Why SKS? Its going to the TUC. That is not the Labour Party. It is the collective for Unions.

I know you are a Tory but your determination to smear Labour isn't working. Most of us don't want SKS as leader. And we will say so. But it is evident that your silence about Cummings revelations means you are totally blinkered.

Johnson is PM and a racist. Now its been proved he is a thick, ego driven liar. So why not criticise the man in power who has killed thousands by his ineptness rather than looking for a pathetic motion from some racist dustbinmen to prove your bias.

My comments on Cummings and BoJo can be found on other threads. This thread is to discuss the performance, or lack of it, of the Labour leader, hence the thread title: 'New Labour Leader'. To conclude: He's not making a very good job of it and you seem to agree.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

My comments on Cummings and BoJo can be found on other threads. This thread is to discuss the performance, or lack of it, of the Labour leader, hence the thread title: 'New Labour Leader'. To conclude: He's not making a very good job of it and you seem to agree.

Your post has nothing to do with SKS. Its a Union matter.

I've told you time and time again, SKS has to go, but this has got nothing to do with him. Its just you valiantly trying to turn a siht day for the Government into an attack on someone else. Childish really.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2021 at 20:15, keelansgrandad said:

Your post has nothing to do with SKS. Its a Union matter.

I've told you time and time again, SKS has to go, but this has got nothing to do with him. Its just you valiantly trying to turn a siht day for the Government into an attack on someone else. Childish really.

Free speech is far more than a union matter. It's a subject which is fundamental to everything we believe in. I'm surprised that in all the time we've been pinging back and forth you haven't found time to support the actions of Batley binmen in bringing this motion to conference. Or perhaps you support the teachers' union who have been leaning on the binmen to withdraw the motion.

But you are right, Starmer clearly thinks the issue is nothing to do withĀ him and if he pulls the bedclothes up a little bit higher this whole story might just disappear from view.

11 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Free speech is far more than a union matter. It's a subject which is fundamental to everything we believe in. I'm surprised that in all the time we've been pinging back and forth you haven't found time to support the actions of Batley binmen in bringing this motion to conference. Or perhaps you support the teachers' union who have been leaning on the binmen to withdraw the motion.

But you are right, Starmer clearly thinks the issue is nothing to do withĀ him and if he pulls the bedclothes up a little bit higher this whole story might just disappear from view.

What is your point. Is it to stir it up on here? Moan about SKS? (why, he is my leader and I don't want him). Is it the Teachers Union? Is it Unite? Or is it Muslim protesters?

If you are so fond of free speech, then join all your apparent enemies and Burn the Bill?Ā 

Sorry, forgot, you Tories are kippers.

15 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

What is your point. Is it to stir it up on here? Moan about SKS? (why, he is my leader and I don't want him). Is it the Teachers Union? Is it Unite? Or is it Muslim protesters?

If you are so fond of free speech, then join all your apparent enemies and Burn the Bill?Ā 

Sorry, forgot, you Tories are kippers.

My point is to demonstrate the different stances taken by a group of trade unionists and by the Leader of the Opposition to a protest in Batley by a group of people that wish to shutdown freedom of speech on the town's secondary school.Ā 

Compare the stance of Starmer who washed his hands of the matter by saying it is up the the school to sort it out, to that of the trade union spokesman who said freedom of expression is very important.

You seem to be like the rest of the TUC, uncomfortable with the actions of the Batley Unite members. You have not said one word in support of their motion.

Ā 

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

My point is to demonstrate the different stances taken by a group of trade unionists and by the Leader of the Opposition to a protest in Batley by a group of people that wish to shutdown freedom of speech on the town's secondary school.Ā 

Compare the stance of Starmer who washed his hands of the matter by saying it is up the the school to sort it out, to that of the trade union spokesman who said freedom of expression is very important.

You seem to be like the rest of the TUC, uncomfortable with the actions of the Batley Unite members. You have not said one word in support of their motion.

Ā 

I am quite aware of the motion that you are trying to force me to support.Ā  Because some Muslim parents are objecting about a cartoon of Muhammad, a teacher has been suspended. The motion basically wants the group of Muslim parents to be told to get lost because this is the UK and freedom of speech allows us to mock or parody religious icons. Quite right. And its up to the school or the Police in the area to do something about it.

In an attempt to be clever you are accusing SKS of being pro Muslim, a claim often aimed at Corbyn and other Labour party members. Of course, you forget that the Labour Party is normally supported by people of the Muslim faith who attend CLPs etc.

As if you hadn't noticed, SKS is mot PM and has no input into any decision taken by the School or Police. And when asked for a comment he plainly said who was responsible for sorting it out.

That you have difficulty with that is a two fold matter. Your dislike of Labour and your well documented racist attitudes and belief that all Muslims are terrorists. Of course the Muslim parents are wrong. But they do have the right of protest. SoĀ its up to the school to reinstate the Teacher and tell the parents that if they have a problem then they should send their kids to a Muslim School. Where is the problem? If the parents continue to protest peacefully, then its up to the Police to judge the situation.

Quite frankly, at one time, I thought you were perhaps the more acceptable face of the right wing wing element on here. But your recent attitudeĀ attempts to drum up "rivers of blood" in the UK. We do not want that. But if you do, join up with the EDL, get yourself protesting against Muslims, Blacks, Gays. Or are you just too scared to fire the bullets?

• Like 2

Starmer as unpopular as Corbyn, new poll findsĀ 

Sir Keir Starmer is as unpopular at this stage in his leadership as Jeremy Corbyn was, a new poll has found.Ā 

Both men languished in the popularity stakes after 14 months at the helm, with net satisfaction ratings of -29, according to Ipsos Mori.Ā 

The only opposition leader to score worse was Michael Foot, with -40.Ā 

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Starmer as unpopular as Corbyn, new poll findsĀ 

Sir Keir Starmer is as unpopular at this stage in his leadership as Jeremy Corbyn was, a new poll has found.Ā 

Both men languished in the popularity stakes after 14 months at the helm, with net satisfaction ratings of -29, according to Ipsos Mori.Ā 

The only opposition leader to score worse was Michael Foot, with -40.Ā 

And?

On 08/06/2021 at 17:37, keelansgrandad said:

And?

Tories lose Chesham due to HS2 in mid-term election. But the real story is Labour under Starmer being wiped off the political map in a seat they should have won.Ā 

Not even a centrist can save Labour now. They are doomed to the dustbin of history.Ā 

18 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Tories lose Chesham due to HS2 in mid-term election. But the real story is Labour under Starmer being wiped off the political map in a seat they should have won.Ā 

Not even a centrist can save Labour now. They are doomed to the dustbin of history.Ā 

So we can add psephology to the long list of subjects about which you know absolutely nothing.Ā 

18 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

At the last election Labour were 3rd. The tactical voting was always going to go to the Lib Dems.

Only an idiot would describe it as a seat Labour 'should have won'.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Now you are showing your complete naievity. How could Labour ever have won that seat? You just lie like your leader.

And we aren't bothered about Labour. As you know, I'm a member and I don't like the Party the way its being led.Ā 

Just stick to the facts. The lying scumbags got more than a bloody nose. Somebody ripped their heart out.

Count Boris Dracul is going to have to feast on someone elses blood now. Cummings is opening the arteries for him. All he has to do is suck. Which he does.

19 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Now you are showing your complete naievity. How could Labour ever have won that seat? You just lie like your leader.

And we aren't bothered about Labour. As you know, I'm a member and I don't like the Party the way its being led.Ā 

Just stick to the facts. The lying scumbags got more than a bloody nose. Somebody ripped their heart out.

Count Boris Dracul is going to have to feast on someone elses blood now. Cummings is opening the arteries for him. All he has to do is suck. Which he does.

Labour as the official opposition should be winning seats in mid-term elections as people like to have a protest vote. It should be highly winnable when they have been taking seats and councils in the south. But as I posted in the opinion polls above, where your reply was And?, Starmer, the Centrist, is as unpopular as people like Foot among the voters.Ā Ā 

While you personally want a more leftist leader, history shows that only a centrist Blair has been able to capture the vote, and by a landslide. So the writing on the wall is saying that neither a centrist Starmer nor a leftist Corbyn is attractive to the country. And unable to win Northern Hartlepool and being wiped out in Southern Chesham demonstrates that Labour is finished.Ā 

The main beneficiaries will be Lib Dems and Greens in the south, Tories in the north.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Labour as the official opposition should be winning seats in mid-term elections as people like to have a protest vote. It should be highly winnable when they have been taking seats and councils in the south. But as I posted in the opinion polls above, where your reply was And?, Starmer, the Centrist, is as unpopular as people like Foot among the voters.Ā Ā 

While you personally want a more leftist leader, history shows that only a centrist Blair has been able to capture the vote, and by a landslide. So the writing on the wall is saying that neither a centrist Starmer nor a leftist Corbyn is attractive to the country. And unable to win Northern Hartlepool and being wiped out in Southern Chesham demonstrates that Labour is finished.Ā 

The main beneficiaries will be Lib Dems and Greens in the south, Tories in the north.Ā 

Nice try @Rock The Boat. Conservatives have never lost Chesham, in fact their majority has never been below 10,000 and their vote share has never fallen below 50%. Until now, when the seat is now the third safest LibDem seat in the country. If this was reapeated at a GE, unlikely I know, this would lose them around 140 seats and they would be wiped out in their traditional Conservative heartlands.

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

John Bercow as the new Leader of another New Labour.

AWDU AWDU UNLOCK

Ā 

Former Speaker of the House of Commons and Tory MP John Bercow says he has changed allegiances to join Labour.

He told the ObserverĀ the Conservatives under Boris Johnson were "reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic".

The government "needs to be replaced", he said, and Labour "is the only vehicle that can achieve that objective".