king canary

New Labour Leader

People might recall the Tottenham Turnip's appearance on Mastermind -- In case you didn't catch it  👇

🙃

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Yes, its quite a turnaround and not just for Johnson v Starmer, it looks as though Johnson is already on borrowed time.

Its quite interesting that despite Johnson's popularity dropping like a stone the Tory government still remains slightly ahead in the polls - last year Johnson was considerably more popular than the Tory government\party in general and that has also gone into complete reverse.

He is now much less popular than the Government he leads and for a Tory party leader that normally means only one thing - especially when that the Government's decent standing in the polls is based almost entirely on the popularity of just one of his colleagues.

So it looks to me as though its just a question of when Rishi Sunak decides to take over and that he's probably smart enough to wait until Johnson also takes the hit for the approaching Brexit car crash, and then he can take over as PM with relatively little baggage.

I'm sure that some of us will be asking why, as Chancellor in a huge economic crisis, he didn't push for a less damaging form of Brexit but he's kept a very low profile on that topic. So it will surely be Johnson, Cummings and maybe Gove that will end up carrying the can for the Brexit shambles as well as the virus shambles.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

I get the feeling that Sunak's economic policies are keeping the polls favourable to the tories, but we won't really find out how good they have been for a while yet. 

He does seem to be positioning himself and Johnson knows this, hence a few photo shoots together. Popularity by rubbing shoulders. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I get the feeling that Sunak's economic policies are keeping the polls favourable to the tories, but we won't really find out how good they have been for a while yet. 

He does seem to be positioning himself and Johnson knows this, hence a few photo shoots together. Popularity by rubbing shoulders. 

Yep, I think this is exactly right and is another demonstration of just how much Johnson's star has fallen.

Last year he was elected as leader as the Tories star (only??) vote winner and it worked for the GE, to this year's incompetent and needy PM hoping to pick up a bit of reflected glory from the Chancellor that he appointed to be the office boy who would just do as he was told but has ended up being the one success story in a otherwise utterly useless cabinet - and looks and sounds far more of a leader than Johnson ever has.

Like you, I think that despite the money Sunak has spent during the crisis there are still huge economic (and other) problems ahead which this government are very poorly equipped to deal with, but if Sunak times his takeover correctly he will become PM with very little baggage from this year's twin shambles, and then some other poor s*d will have the job of putting up taxes and/or cutting public services further to pay for Johnson's bungled and incredibly expensive lockdown, and his shambolic Brexit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yes, its quite a turnaround and not just for Johnson v Starmer, it looks as though Johnson is already on borrowed time.

Its quite interesting that despite Johnson's popularity dropping like a stone the Tory government still remains slightly ahead in the polls - last year Johnson was considerably more popular than the Tory government\party in general and that has also gone into complete reverse.

He is now much less popular than the Government he leads and for a Tory party leader that normally means only one thing - especially when that the Government's decent standing in the polls is based almost entirely on the popularity of just one of his colleagues.

So it looks to me as though its just a question of when Rishi Sunak decides to take over and that he's probably smart enough to wait until Johnson also takes the hit for the approaching Brexit car crash, and then he can take over as PM with relatively little baggage.

I'm sure that some of us will be asking why, as Chancellor in a huge economic crisis, he didn't push for a less damaging form of Brexit but he's kept a very low profile on that topic. So it will surely be Johnson, Cummings and maybe Gove that will end up carrying the can for the Brexit shambles as well as the virus shambles.

Good Lordy, what planet do you people occupy? 😀 Labour are losing ground to the Tories:

image.png.7d613fff102b8b63dada36df38b293aa.png

And Labour will continue to lose ground so long as there's people like Rachel Reeves, another non-entity Labour MP, continuing the party’s descent into woke, virtual signalling nothingness -- She's yet another Labour MP who has learned nothing from the Brexit vote, General Election result & Tory majority etc...

The vast majority of the British public are not interested in BLM, Cancel Culture or any other wrong thinking nonsense Labour campaigns on these days:

Embarrassing...

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Not as embarrassing as claiming that David Bowie visited you in your flat. 😀

🎶 for there's a real star, waiting in the corridor

he'd love to come in and meet you

but he knows you are gonna lie 🎶

🎶 Oh you righty thing 🎶

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

🎶 for there's a real star, waiting in the corridor

he'd love to come in and meet you

but he knows you are gonna lie 🎶

🎶 Oh you righty thing 🎶

Hilarious 🙃

1 hour ago, Jools said:

Hilarious 🙃

Not as hilarious as you going back to the post where you claimed David Bowie had visited your flat and editing it to hide your stupidity.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bill said:

here's one

Chilling book explores how Hitler dressed KIDS in Nazi uniforms ...

Oh, that photo reminds us          👇

image.png.982bbb6d5a14af451fefa00a57c057f9.png

The Labour Party has been handed EHRC’s report into antisemitism. It is refusing to comment on the contents. Read Labour’s statement in full here…

“The Equality and Human Rights Commission has provided the Labour Party with a draft of its report into allegations of antisemitism. 

“The draft report has been shared with the Labour Party as part of a process afforded to us prior to the report’s publication. It is sent in confidence by the EHRC, so until that process is completed, it would be inappropriate to comment on any of the contents of the draft report – and we will not do so. 

“Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner are committed to tackling antisemitism within the Labour Party. Antisemitism has been a stain on the Labour Party in recent years. It has caused unacceptable and unimaginable levels of grief and distress for many in the Jewish community, as well as members of staff.

“Tackling antisemitism within the Labour Party is a priority and we are determined to take the further action necessary to begin restoring trust with the Jewish community.

“We are committed to cooperating fully with the Commission’s investigation and implementing its recommendations when the final report is published. We will be making no further comment.”

No comment will be a hard line to hold…  😎

2 hours ago, Jools said:

No comment will be a hard line to hold…  😎

Maybe but if the going gets tough he's always got the option of following the example of Farage\Trump\Johnson and just telling a bundle of lies - that seems to work perfectly with you and your Brexitty mates.

On 12/07/2020 at 17:10, Jools said:

Good Lordy, what planet do you people occupy? 😀 Labour are losing ground to the Tories:

image.png.fbe09848ad8b2a747ac26442811ab292.png

Comedy gold.........Cons were 20%+ ahead a couple of months ago, now 4-6%. If that is losing ground the more ground Labour lose the better.

18 minutes ago, BigFish said:

image.png.fbe09848ad8b2a747ac26442811ab292.png

Comedy gold.........Cons were 20%+ ahead a couple of months ago, now 4-6%. If that is losing ground the more ground Labour lose the better.

People, rightly or wrongly, don't like the way the government have handled the pandemic...

If Labour were the government during this pandemic, they would've done nothing differently, likely worse, and the Cons would be way out in the lead where useless polls are concerned 🙃

I'm surprised Labour haven't improved and taken a lead over the Tories given the new manager syndrome 😀

Comedy gold indeed, sprat-features 🤣

Edited by Jools

9 hours ago, Jools said:

I'm surprised Labour haven't improved and taken a lead over the Tories given the new manager syndrome

The gift that keeps on giving, so what you are saying is losing a third of your support in two months is a good result?

image.png.fc4146253bdb0d1a50e818a0f330ab07.png

The Guardian has this morning announced plans to cut 180 jobs in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic. In contrast to publications such as The Spectator, Telegraph, and Guido – all of whom either did not take Government handouts or paid them back – the paper is set to axe 70 staff from editorial and 110 from advertising, Guardian Jobs, marketing roles, and Guardian Live events. No news yet on names…

😀

• Like 1

Guido?😂

What do they have to do with a newspaper? They are just a blogsite.😂

Blimey, lets ask Peter Hitchens and Katie Hopkins🗣🗣

2 hours ago, Jools said:

image.png.fc4146253bdb0d1a50e818a0f330ab07.png

The Guardian has this morning announced plans to cut 180 jobs in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic. In contrast to publications such as The Spectator, Telegraph, and Guido – all of whom either did not take Government handouts or paid them back – the paper is set to axe 70 staff from editorial and 110 from advertising, Guardian Jobs, marketing roles, and Guardian Live events. No news yet on names…

😀

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-owner-of-the-uks-daily-telegraph-set-to-cut-up-to-100-staff-despite-big-jump-in-subscribers-2020-06-17

• Haha 1

On 13/07/2020 at 19:21, Jools said:

No comment will be a hard line to hold… 

It is entirely normal not to comment on a report before it is released from embargo. It is the same when the govt allows the opposition to have have prior notice of plans before they are released.

I ma sure that there will be plenty of comment after the release.

17 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Guido?😂

What do they have to do with a newspaper? They are just a blogsite.😂

Blimey, lets ask Peter Hitchens and Katie Hopkins🗣🗣

I have quite a bit of time for Hitchens actually. He always has a coherent argument based on facts. Usually don't agree with his conclusions, but he has occasionally persuaded me with his argument. Guido never has a coherent argument and do not appear to understand facts. Very much like a spoilt toddler. Hopkins and Farage are just doing it for the money & ego.

image.png.17f898a842dad9b776b8a4a203ba51bc.png

Yesterday, Labour’s shadow Cabinet Office minister in the Lords, Baroness Hayter, accused the government of a “costly” approach to spending on Britain’s post-Brexit border arrangements. This must have come as news to her calamity colleague Rachel Reeves, who earlier this week described the border spending as “too little, too late”.

At the start of the week Reeves couldn’t decide if the border spending is coming too early or too late. Today it seems Labour can’t decide if the Government’s £705 million border funding package is“too costly” or “too little”. Brexit seriously competing with the economy for Labour incompetence in the Shadow Cabinet…

They don't know their @rses from their elbows 😃

52 minutes ago, Jools said:

It would worry me more if I couldn't tell whether an international superstar had been in my flat or not.

50 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It would worry me more if I couldn't tell whether an international superstar had been in my flat or not.

It's easy to forget if you are

🎶 Under pressure 🎶

9 hours ago, BigFish said:
2 hours ago, Jools said:

image.png.17f898a842dad9b776b8a4a203ba51bc.png

Yesterday, Labour’s shadow Cabinet Office minister in the Lords, Baroness Hayter, accused the government of a “costly” approach to spending on Britain’s post-Brexit border arrangements. This must have come as news to her calamity colleague Rachel Reeves, who earlier this week described the border spending as “too little, too late”.

At the start of the week Reeves couldn’t decide if the border spending is coming too early or too late. Today it seems Labour can’t decide if the Government’s £705 million border funding package is“too costly” or “too little”. Brexit seriously competing with the economy for Labour incompetence in the Shadow Cabinet…

Just like the Tories.

Wanted that persistent cluster fcuk Grayling to head up an important job and when he didn't get it they took the whip away from the bloke who did.

The joke is that Grayling is so crap, he didn't win a rigged election.

Unfortunately taking the whip from Lewis will not take away the report

Fatboy in the pay of the Russkies

might be time to spend some time with your families, if you can recollect the names of all the women you have lied to 😄