king canary

New Labour Leader

16 hours ago, BigFish said:

image.png.7b542ba3e5200b8fc816a3ac0964a346.png

That's as good as it will get for Max Headroom 🙃

What really disappoints me with Israel is that its citizens had the world's sympathy after WWII. And rightly so.

But as  a Nation, it now adopts out tactics and attitudes that had been used against them and not just by the nazis.

It should be one that embraces goodness and kindness towards others.

• Like 1

That must be another one of his "taskforces". Where does he get these names from. Does he really think he is Churchill?

Mind you apart from saving us during the War, nobody liked him either.

Run the current party standings through the electoral calculus and you get a 4 or 5 Tory majority

Shift the two main parties 15 each closer and youn get a hung Parliament with Labour able to form a coalition.

That is not to project what will happen, but to demonstrate how far labour has come in the early part of a Tory government.

While the Tory numbers suggest there are still those who are deluded enough still to cling to some mythical brexit - they certainly now see Johnson as a liability, as his approval rating runs in direct contrast of that of his party.

8bfd3949-7384-41d2-8a6b-27f6c5b084fc-2c9

🙃

Dug a hole for themselves and now trying to pretend it never happened 🤥 😀

Edited by Jools

10 hours ago, Jools said:

🙃

Dug a hole for themselves and now trying to pretend it never happened 🤥 😀

Jools proves he's finally understood Government policy.

• Like 1

He looked a ****, herd following and all that before investigating properly some of the real aims behind that particular movement. Even PL players and some exes have sussed that one out now it seems.

Apart from that, he's played a straight bat and seems more electable than Brown, the bacon eater and poor old JC.

Very wooden and orthodox in his approach and although he's had an easy ride thus far (easy meaning that it's not that hard to pick holes in Bumbling Boris's inconsistencies or appear to be a non-combat when correct decisions are made,) it's hard to know whether he will appeal enough to the voters at the end of a very long day. It's always easy to be critical when you do not have to make those decisions.

He did look a bit of a **** though, especially as it emphasised that weird stare of his.

Edited by BroadstairsR

13 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

He looked a ****, herd following and all that before investigating properly some of the real aims behind that particular movement. Even PL players and some exes have sussed that one out now it seems.

Apart from that, he's played a straight bat and seems more electable than Brown, the bacon eater and poor old JC.

Very wooden and orthodox in his approach and although he's had an easy ride thus far (easy meaning that it's not that hard to pick holes in Bumbling Boris's inconsistencies or appear to be a non-combat when correct decisions are made,) it's hard to know whether he will appeal enough to the voters at the end of a very long day. It's always easy to be critical when you do not have to make those decisions.

He did look a bit of a **** though, especially as it emphasised that weird stare of his.

You say wooden but would you rather he was the clown opposite the despatch box?

If personalities are discounted then it will be down to policies

He did think Farage was a good bloke so I wouldn't put him down as a good judge of character.

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

You say wooden but would you rather he was the clown opposite the despatch box?

If personalities are discounted then it will be down to policies

I wasn't expressing a preference.

7 hours ago, Herman said:

He did think Farage was a good bloke so I wouldn't put him down as a good judge of character.

Amusing how the forum wimp is now mentioning 'character.'

Amusing also how some remember so much about other's postings (and certainly more than I remember about my own,) even from way, way back, when their own are so consistently forgettable.

I suppose seeming constant attendance on a football forum does make such things become of disproportionate importance in the life.

Edited by BroadstairsR

The good news is that Starmer gets the facts out during PMQs. Hopefully people will pay the slightest bit of attention but I doubt it. 

Edited by Herman

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The good news is that Starmer gets the facts out during PMQs. Hopefully people will pay the slightest bit of attention but I doubt it. 

Boris's Lies Matter. 😀

On 01/07/2020 at 08:52, BroadstairsR said:

The problem that Starmer has is that he needs to win back the so-called Red Wall in the north of England and the Midlands if he is to stand any chance of becoming PM. And that isn't going to happen because the people in those areas remember Mr. Starmer as heading up the CPS at the time when the story of the grooming gangs came to national prominence. It was during his time at the head of the CPS when the evidence of the girls was not taken seriously and it was thought to be too politically damaging to bring prosecutions to the courts.

The Red Wall will not forget this. Even today the Sun does not sell in Liverpool because of the editorials at the time of Hillsborough. We are talking about people who do not readily forget or forgive those who allow injustices to go unchecked. Starmer will do well in picking up voters from the Liberals and the Greens as he represents the voice of moderation, but he won't get back the Red Wall and without that support he will be unable to form a government.

The “red wall” just like the “rust belt” will judge politicians on what they actually do for them economically, not what a smear campaign suggests. It’s why Trump is one and done and why Boris will be out on his ear soon enough. 

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

The problem that Starmer has is that he needs to win back the so-called Red Wall in the north of England and the Midlands if he is to stand any chance of becoming PM.

😂😂 I'm almost tempted, out of sheer morbid curiosity, to ask what part of the country you live in but I don't think it's really as necessary as it's obvious that you haven't got a clue about the north of England.

Johnson and Cummings haven't a hope in hell of holding onto the 'red wall' - their conduct over the last few months has already settled that, never mind the full effects of the worst economic depression for 300 years which are only in the early stages of being felt.

• Like 1

You can see where the right wing smear tactics are being lined up. Although he was in charge  of the CPS and there is a nugget of truth there it misses the nuances and facts of timing, legalities and what he did actually do to get these cases prosecuted. But they don't care about that.

It maybe worth seeing what Nazir Afzal, the man who reopened the Rochdale case, has to say about Starmer.

"The former senior prosecutor Nazir Afzal - who was involved in bringing a number of cases - said the clip was being used to suggest Sir Keir did not take child sexual abuse seriously, when the opposite was true.

As national lead, I can assure you that he and I put right the failings of a generation of those who should have safeguarded children.

"He inherited failure and left success," Mr Afzal tweeted."

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-14/minister-accused-of-spreading-fake-news-about-labour-leader/

47 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

😂😂 I'm almost tempted, out of sheer morbid curiosity, to ask what part of the country you live in

Rennes, I believe

Remember this was the log in that was not aware that the A11 had been 'dualled'. And you may recall him how talking about having a breakfast at 7am in a pub that not longer existed, or was closed for the virus.... or better still, was one that did not even open on a Saturday.

Naughty folk might even recall him posting a reply as BB when logged in as RTB (last week) - there's more, but I shall have to accept that it is all ....................................'coincidence'

of course it is 😝

3 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

😂😂 I'm almost tempted, out of sheer morbid curiosity, to ask what part of the country you live in but I don't think it's really as necessary as it's obvious that you haven't got a clue about the north of England.

Johnson and Cummings haven't a hope in hell of holding onto the 'red wall' - their conduct over the last few months has already settled that, never mind the full effects of the worst economic depression for 300 years which are only in the early stages of being felt.

Couple of times you've been promoting the economic narrative post-Brexit which is fair enough if you were also saying this at the time of lockdown. However if you were in the camp who complained that lockdown should have been earlier or complained about those who breached lockdown then I think you are not arguing from a strong position. 

As to how the Red Wall thinks, well we will have to wait and see but I see no evidence of what you claim and mainstream media is no guide. I suggest BLM protests have even strengthened the Tories support though I agree that Boris has had a poor Covid performance and his personal ratings have fallen. 

47 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

As to how the Red Wall thinks, well we will have to wait and see but I see no evidence of what you claim and mainstream media is no guide. I suggest BLM protests have even strengthened the Tories support though I agree that Boris has had a poor Covid performance and his personal ratings have fallen. 

I agree that the mainstream media isn't a particularly good guide - living and working in the north is much better.

The Red Wall will not forget this.

Once the pandemic is gone and the "heroes" of the Red Wall go into negotiations with their employers for a substantial pay rise to match the hyperbole that has been spouted for the last 4 months and they are told the shareholders come first so a rise is out of the question and there is a queue, then they will flock back to Labour.

All Ugly Blonde the Brit one) has got is humour and the ability to lie through his false teeth. He has no policy to speak of. Has no idea how to run a country. And his tenure as Foreign Secretary showed how incapable he is of detente with our neighbours.

SKS has had more positive moments in such a short time and has run rings round the clown who has to have an audience to back him up. He is the Frankie Boyle of politics. Ready to criticise everyone and everything else but has no alternatives.

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-cff

😀

On 02/07/2020 at 17:04, Jools said:

Nay, I openly lied, I was attempting to impress you people with the lie that that was me in the photo with Bowie...