king canary

New Labour Leader

A calm PMQS but good forensic questioning. Using his skills to stay on the same topic and picking holes in the previous answer. 

Johnson good at saying something and nothing at the same time. 

5 hours ago, Herman said:

A calm PMQS but good forensic questioning. Using his skills to stay on the same topic and picking holes in the previous answer. 

Johnson good at saying something and nothing at the same time. 

You're happy tonight, Herman?

Early days but we may have an opposition for the first time in years.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Exposing the charlatan little by little. 

Yes, Starmer has certainly got off to a very good start - Johnson must be dreading weekly PMQs already.

Also makes you wonder how long it is going to take Johnson to realise that lying at PMQs only gets him into even more difficulties as well as making him look even more incompetent than he does already - I guess its just such standard behaviour for him that he can't break the habit!!

Already some local Labour members saying Starmer is hurting Johnson enough. Just because he doesn't rant and rave. Perhaps they want him to wear a mask and swear behind it.

The chap has started well and gained some respect.

A good point I heard today is Johnson hasn't got the baying mob behind him, jeering and cheering. They cover up his stumbles and bumbles and make him better than he actually is. Starmer can use the quiet to his advantage. No wonder Rees-Mogg wants to get the house full again. 

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

A good point I heard today is Johnson hasn't got the baying mob behind him, jeering and cheering. They cover up his stumbles and bumbles and make him better than he actually is. Starmer can use the quiet to his advantage. No wonder Rees-Mogg wants to get the house full again. 

I think that is a good point and I also think that PMQs often has more impact on MPs themselves than it does on the general public.

But it will be interesting to see when the MPs are all back just how the Tory MPs react when the liar gets his roastings from Starmer - on Brexit I think they would cheer Johnson whatever he said but I wonder whether they will be quite so supportive over his c*ck ups with the virus given that his incompetence has cost so many lives and screwed the economy into the bargain - quite a few of them seem acutely conscious of that already and dissenting from the government line.

I take it you've seen the arch headbanger Peter Bone kicking off about Sunday's ****show.😀 If Johnson starts losing people like him then he should start worrying.

• Like 1

Read on Twitter that Starmer is making a great impression of being Columbo....toying with the murderer...everyone knowing that the truth and it's cover up getting thinner and thinner.

I read that he has now passed the PM in the opinion poll ratings (think it was a note in today's Independent). I'm surprised because he was quite far behind. Still, a poll is a poll 

It’s always the toughest stage of The Apprentice: the interviews round. A slick-haired young telemarketer in a shiny suit will swagger in, and start bragging about the foolproof business idea he’s had – only for the interviewer to take him apart like a Duplo train set.

In no time, the candidate has dissolved into a puddle of babbling neurosis, unable to give a convincing answer to any question, up to and including the spelling of his own name.

This is what it’s like, these days, watching Sir Keir Starmer grill Boris Johnson at PMQs. Labour’s new leader is calm, polite, and utterly merciless.

He doesn’t rant or shout putdowns. Instead he asks factual questions designed to establish whether or not the Prime Minister knows what his own Government is doing.

The latest figures, began Sir Keir today, showed that at least 40 per cent of deaths from the virus had come in care homes. Yet according to the Government’s advice in March, it was “very unlikely” that people in care homes would become infected. 

Mr Johnson protested. “No, Mr Speaker,” be blurted, “it wasn’t true that the advice said that!”

But it was. Sir Keir was quoting the advice word for word, from a sheet in paper in front of him. 

Next he asked about the vast number of unexplained deaths in care homes. In April, there had been 26,000 care home deaths. The previous April, there had been only 8,000. Yet of these additional 18,000 deaths, only 8,000 had been officially attributed to the virus. Could Mr Johnson give the Government’s view as to the possible cause of those 10,000 “unexplained” deaths?

Mr Johnson could not. In fact, it wasn’t obvious he’d understood the question. His reply was a cascade of helpless waffle. “Appalling disease… tragedy taking place… critical to our ability to move forward as a nation…”

On to the death toll overall. The Government, noted Sir Keir, had stopped producing the daily chart which plotted death tolls in various countries, including Britain. Why?

“He seeks to make comparisons with other countries,” snorted Mr Johnson, “which I am advised are premature.” 

Sir Keir looked puzzled. The Government had been publishing these “comparisons with other countries” for seven weeks.

“It’s pretty obvious,” he said, “that when we didn’t have the highest number of deaths in Europe, the graphs were used for comparison purposes. But as soon as we did have the highest number, they were dropped.”

It was tough to watch. Mr Johnson’s supporters might well say: who cares about PMQs? The Prime Minister has far more important things on his plate. He’s trying to tackle a pandemic, for pity’s sake.

Which is true. The trouble is, all of Sir Keir’s questions were about the Prime Minister’s handling of that pandemic. About his Government’s advice, its actions, its figures, its findings. 

And this week – like last week – the Prime Minister didn’t have the answers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No I am not. And my grandchildren will not go to school until the HoC is fully occupied again.

That is the most sensible and profound statement I have heard in a while.👍

See Dorries is in trouble after tweeting a far right doctored video of Starmer. Two other MPs too. Tweet now deleted.

The trouble is that that these dishonest chancers now know that this fallacy is spreading around Fakebook and other dreadful sites. Their job is done, they get a bit of grief for being the scumbags they are but the damage is already out there. 

Its about time the Tories as well as the country realised they were duped big time. Without an audience who he can interact with, he has no other value to the Country.

• Like 2

The latest line from the PM's spokesperson is the electorate are finding Starmer too clever.

You couldn't make it up 😀

Understandable. He’s a Knight of the Realm and should be in the House of Lords, not sitting in the Commons. Unlike Boris, Labour don’t have a leader with intuition, vision and common sense that can relate to the voter’s concerns. Should have kept Corbyn.

Edited by Surfer

During one of the last disastrous Conservative tenures Sir Keir bought a plot of land cheaply for his parents to turn into a donkey sanctuary. What a thoroughly decent chap he is. Anyway....

Funny how he who jogs but doesn't lose any fat cannot come out and face the public but can still write a column for the Daily Mail.