Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Now this did surprise me ...

I don't believe these figures. Even star performers in League 2 are on more than it states Todd is paid. This is an article I suspect to create uncertainty amongst players in the transfer window. It is cynical for sure.

Not sure where those figures would come from, it does just look like clickbait.  They said, I wouldn’t necessarily disbelieve some of the proportions - ie Byram being higher than we might think, he was at West Ham and we paid bog-all for him so taking on his salary might have been part of it; Teemu was a ‘free’ so may have had a large signing in fee.

That is clearly ****- half those players signed new deals this season in the Premier League and would have seen significant wage wises.

Even more hilarious is that the site they say these figures were provided by doesn't even exist!

What a bunch of clueless numpties.

48 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Anyone have any real idea? It would be fascinating to know.

Gotta be summat in it.....Alice bands and gloves don't come cheap...... 😉 

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Even more hilarious is that the site they say these figures were provided by doesn't even exist!

What a bunch of clueless numpties.

It is called Spotrac, it does exist.

51 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Anyone have any real idea? It would be fascinating to know.

Generally the Football Manager database is a solid starting point but not going to be spot on.

I'd expect our top earners are maybe on £30-40k p/w with a significant drop based on relegation. I think in the Championship it was more like £15-20k for the top earners (excluding Naismith) and an average of around £10k.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is called Spotrac, it does exist.

Oh yeah! I typed in 'Sportrac'

That'll be it!

36 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Oh yeah! I typed in 'Sportrac'

That'll be it!

Me too initially- hence why I knew the answer to your issue!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

They said, I wouldn’t necessarily disbelieve some of the proportions - ie Byram being higher than we might think, he was at West Ham and we paid bog-all for him so taking on his salary might have been part of it; Teemu was a ‘free’ so may have had a large signing in fee.

I've heard the Cantwell fee before. 

This would explain why his agent was stalling on the new contract. He is just out of the academy, would we have given him a massive rise when we are short of money? 

If we were relegated we wouldn't want players on high wages. 

I would expect these are the basic wages with generous bonuses on top. 

Being a vague acquaintance of one player Ill say that his is ridiculously out. They may as well have picked the numbers out of a hat! 

I'd guess it's the same with most of them

If they were correct, you'd have to say that Byram apart, they were inversely

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Generally the Football Manager database is a solid starting point but not going to be spot on.

I'd expect our top earners are maybe on £30-40k p/w with a significant drop based on relegation. I think in the Championship it was more like £15-20k for the top earners (excluding Naismith) and an average of around £10k.

From Football Manager 2020, in the same order as in the article:

Todd £22k, Dennis £5k, Jamal £22k, Ben £24k, Max £20k, Teemu £25k, Onel £22k, Emi £19k, Kenny £22k, Alex £19k, Christoph £19k, Tom £20k, Marco £22k, Mario £20k, Grant £19k, Sam £22k.

That seems more likely, quite a few on similar wages to prevent discord about high earners, although Emi's is low in comparison to his standing within the team. They also haven't noticed that Srbeny isn't with us any more.

Of course, I'm sure we'd all agree that whatever they're being paid, it's too much for just kicking a football about for 90 minutes a week 😀

4 hours ago, king canary said:

That sounds about right.  Seem to remember reading somewhere  that Pukki is on 40k this season plus goal/ win bonuses, which although good money in real life, is peanuts for a  likely 15-20 goal striker  in the premier league.