Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Tainted Title

Liverpool are undoubtably a very, very good team. They deserve the inevitable title they are about to win. However the rest of this league is far from stellar. The rest of the “top teams” are struggling And look very poor, the poorest in ages. Bottom of the table looks like a bunch of homeless guys scrapping over a sausage roll.

add into that inconsistent VAR and is this season basically a write off? 

for me it emphasises we desperately need a break up of the premier league with the big clubs going to a European super league

• Like 1

You can only beat what is put in front of you.

I agree the traditional big six have not been the same this season- Arsenal, Chelsea and United all seem to be in periods of transition, Spurs have melted down and City seem to have lost momentum. But I don't think this taints the title win.

Don’t be ridiculous. Liverpool have taken 66 points from 64 or something daft, haven’t lost in a year and are playing some of the best football in the league week in week out. Their title is far from tainted, it’s well deserved.

19 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Don’t be ridiculous. Liverpool have taken 66 points from 64 or something daft, haven’t lost in a year and are playing some of the best football in the league week in week out. Their title is far from tainted, it’s well deserved.

I actually think they played better, more exciting football last season. They've just been more clinical and defensively solid this time round.

Also, I hate Liverpool

• Like 1

I'd have been perfectly happy to never see Liverpool win the title ever again but they've been exceptionally consistent this season and it will be well deserved.

That the "rest" have simplified their task by being collectively gash at various points isn't the scousers fault and nor was it Leicester's when they took advantage. 

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I'd have been perfectly happy to never see Liverpool win the title ever again but they've been exceptionally consistent this season and it will be well deserved.

That the "rest" have simplified their task by being collectively gash at various points isn't the scousers fault and nor was it Leicester's when they took advantage. 

I was the same but I find it hard not to quite like this Liverpool team.

Klopp seems like a generally good guy.

The football they play is exciting.

They have a good selection of players that England can base their team around for the next couple of seasons.

They've not just done it by spending stupid sums- guys like TAA, Gomez and Robertson all didn't cost them much.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I was the same but I find it hard not to quite like this Liverpool team.

Klopp seems like a generally good guy.

The football they play is exciting.

They have a good selection of players that England can base their team around for the next couple of seasons.

They've not just done it by spending stupid sums- guys like TAA, Gomez and Robertson all didn't cost them much.

Agee with this apart from Klopp, something about him that winds me up!

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Agee with this apart from Klopp, something about him that winds me up!

Each to their own- I quite like him but can see why he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

Edited by king canary
typo

Just now, king canary said:

Each to their own- I quite like him but can see why he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

I think it’s his teeth 🤓😂

Liverpool have spent a lot of money to assemble their team, it's just that they've spent it well - or at least much better than the others in the "top six". Why is no one calling out these teams for the huge sums they are spending to then be called "in transition". "In transition " to what?

Manure spent £130 million on two defenders to be 30 points behind the leaders. It is unsustainable, or at least I hope it is.

Hope so too , but like OP says it's time something changes ... some European super league will be formed in the future I think ... The leagues have become so predictable and there is such a huge gap between the richest clubs and "the rest"... Is this sustainable? A question I have asked myself...

This season has showed me what a great and entertaining league the Championship is. OK the results have been poor and VAR stinks, injuries and bad luck, etc... but even if we'd been a little higher up the league my opinion on this wouldn't have changed.

Football is losing the plot

48 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I think it’s his teeth 🤓😂

Looks  like he got them from a Christmas Cracker 

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Liverpool have taken 66 points from 64 or something daft

With form like that they will certainly take some beating. 😜

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Liverpool’s success will be judged on how well they do in Europe I think

Current European Champions, so not doing too bad. 😀

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Liverpool have spent a lot of money to assemble their team, it's just that they've spent it well - or at least much better than the others in the "top six". Why is no one calling out these teams for the huge sums they are spending to then be called "in transition". "In transition " to what?

Manure spent £130 million on two defenders to be 30 points behind the leaders. It is unsustainable, or at least I hope it is.

Loads of people are calling them out- there is an endless stream of articles about Arsenal and Man U's failures.

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Liverpool’s success will be judged on how well they do in Europe I think

If I were a Liverpool fan I'd definitely be desperate for that Premier League win over success in Europe for this season at least. Especially after coming so close in that Gerrard slip season. 

45 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If I were a Liverpool fan I'd definitely be desperate for that Premier League win over success in Europe for this season at least. Especially after coming so close in that Gerrard slip season. 

They are definitely desperate for the premier league but I think this team can only be properly judged in terms of if it is a truly great team of it is able to compete with the top clubs in Europe. 

they’ve done very well, but if they were to just win the premier league this year I’m not sure if you could make the argument that they are truly, truly great. 

Man City won the domestic treble last year, that’s a very special achievement.

26 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

They are definitely desperate for the premier league but I think this team can only be properly judged in terms of if it is a truly great team of it is able to compete with the top clubs in Europe. 

they’ve done very well, but if they were to just win the premier league this year I’m not sure if you could make the argument that they are truly, truly great. 

Man City won the domestic treble last year, that’s a very special achievement.

You do know that Liverpool are the current European Champions don't you? 

It's more to do with the bottom half teams being harder to beat than ever before. The gap between the top (Liverpool/City most seasons excluded) and bottom teams is closing, we'll get more teams in the mix for a European place and the League is as hard as it's ever been to survive in. 

Most bottom 14 or so teams aren't easy on the eyes, but with a few exceptions it's like they're all cynically managed by Sam Allardyce with a big budget so getting results in this league is tough, even for the bigger clubs. Fair play to Liverpool though for being a significant cut above the rest this year.

2 hours ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Soft Cell's not so successful follow up single...

I thought that was about our Premier League campaign.

(‘Say Hello, Wave Goodbye’ for any millennials reading this).

Edited by Nuff Said

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And world club champions too, not sure how anyone can say anything other than how well Klopp and Liverpool have done, playing great football and I believe their net spend is very good compared to the likes of Man City, United, Spurs.

Congratulations to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You are aware it gets run every year, don’t you?

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

I think if they win the Champions League in 2019, then break the 30 year run without a league title in 2020 then they'll be considered pretty great even if the bomb out to Atheltico Madrid in the second round.

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Sorry but if you win the Champions League, Premier League and World Club Cup within the space of 12 months then you are a great team. Period.

Liverpool are currently the best team in the world.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, daly said:

Looks  like he got them from a Christmas Cracker 

I'd love to get some new choppers in   a Christmas cracker,  all I usually end up with is that curly plastic fish  thing or the nail through finger  joke. He must  buy his crackers in Harrods. 

40 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sorry but if you win the Champions League, Premier League and World Club Cup within the space of 12 months then you are a great team. Period.

Liverpool are currently the best team in the world.

I’m not saying they aren’t but there have been many great teams that have had poor domestic challengers

12 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m not saying they aren’t but there have been many great teams that have had poor domestic challengers

Welll Barcelona are currently losing 1-0 to Ibiza in the Copa del ray if you want to watch one of the continental alternatives to that "best team" title.