Making Plans

Tonights relegation games

6 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I dunno, drags Brighton into the mix. 

Just another team we’d need to make points on, while one of the more catchable teams gets some confidence back.

Don't rule out Wet Spam getting dragged in further. They have 2 games in hand but have to play Liverpool twice in little over a month and away to Leicester tomorrow.

Outside our own results I don't think it really matters who wins what games. If we get to 40 points we will be in with a shout. We really have to win against most/all of those bottom seven or eight teams to amass the points ourselves. Outside that it matters little what the others do. 

• Like 7

Tbh the immediate thought with Bournemouth winning is ‘pants’....but you could argue it’s an ok score line as brings Brighton right into the mix.  We clearly need to focus on our own situation and get as close to those above us as we can, but them beating each other can help - the more in there the better.

Edited by Branston Pickle

15 minutes ago, Chip20 said:

Outside our own results I don't think it really matters who wins what games. If we get to 40 points we will be in with a shout. We really have to win against most/all of those bottom seven or eight teams to amass the points ourselves. Outside that it matters little what the others do. 

That's true but we snookers as well as several 147 breaks to get out of this.

Unbelievable 

the luck debate will rumble on, does it exist? is it a fantasy?

I can’t remember a more luckless season

44 minutes ago, Chip20 said:

This, really.  The fact that Bn'mth and Villa won is not that bad as it just drags Brighton and Watford back into the mix at the bottom of the table.   All we have to do is win some games against whoever we can to get into that mix and it will then be a right royal battle between the bottom 6 clubs to stay up......

Time to get real it would really take a miracle to escape from the bottom three , just not going to happen everything has gone against us with injuries, now red cards and VAR 

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a "basket case" in the Prem this year, so whoever goes down is likely to have a strong team in the Championship next season, unless it is Villa and they get fined to death.

Villa and Bournemouth wins certainly don't help the cause. Looks like champs next season in afraid.  Need results to go our way in these games. We now need something tomorrow as five points adrift.

I expect somewhere there is a universe where will survive.

Unfortunately its not the universe we are at present living in.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This, really.  The fact that Bn'mth and Villa won is not that bad as it just drags Brighton and Watford back into the mix at the bottom of the table.   All we have to do is win some games against whoever we can to get into that mix and it will then be a right royal battle between the bottom 6 clubs to stay up......

That's true. At the end of the day it's better for us if 17th place is closer. Villa winning actually makes 17th place 23points. A draw would have made it 24 points..Just the small matter of us winning another 6-7 games with a draw or 2

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

I expect somewhere there is a universe where will survive.

Unfortunately its not the universe we are at present living in.

Is it in the Lake District ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Farke admitted we may need a miracle ahead of tonight's games.  I think he'll say that's pretty definite now in view of those results and Emi's injury. We wanted draws all round tonight, two teams above us winning is not good, not good at all.

20 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a "basket case" in the Prem this year, so whoever goes down is likely to have a strong team in the Championship next season, unless it is Villa and they get fined to death.

Doesn't there? 

• Haha 2