Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Ipswich will be worthingtons last match as Norwich manager

so.. we had our 5 wins on the spin.. we have now gone 4 without a win...

Our next match is Reading.. a defeat is certain... No one beats them.. we dont have the quality... and wont have in 10 days time...

Which brings us to Ipswich..... the biggest match of the season... i seem to remember back in September we were in the same position.. back then Hucks saved Worthys job.. but we were a better side.

Marney, Davenport, Lisbie all in the side... Loan players... now long gone and not coming back...

Supposing then, after a couple of good results Ipswich come to Carrow Road in good spirits... they havent done badly here in recent seasons... we beat them in the promotion year but before that i cant remember our last victory at Carrow Road against them....

As the games goes on and our headless chickens lose the ball or lack any form of passion the fans get their backs up... with 5 minutes to go Ipswich nick it.... the barclay and snake pit will hit the roof...

there wont be just 1 or 200 outside the main entrance there will be thousands... and nothing that Doomcaster or Munby or Delia say will change their minds... Nigel Worthingtons head will be wanted on a silver platter... and the club will be expected to deliver.... He has had his last good times as city boss.... and now mus seriously start lookign for other employment....

IF we beat ipswich it will keep him in work till may at the most... however.. defeat and i doubt he''d even retain what little dignity he has left....

Worthington out!

jas :)

nothing will happen IMO until March or if we get in a relegation fight. other than that jas i agree with every word, i did after all write exactly the same on thurs!

too late - wolves should have been the last match. as for the snake pit and barclay hitting the roof if ipswich beat us, thats doubtful - even after the millwall performance at home and sheff wed beating us, apart from a few individual people questioning worthy''s right to stay as manager and a chorus of boo''s, i didn''t hear a sustained ''worthy out'' chant.  the spineless barclay and snake pit bottled it big time. can you believe the away fans, have supported worthy faithfully throughout some appalling away displays this season, only having the guts to pipe up a few lame ''worthy out'' chants at the end of the derby match?The answer is the people of norwich are genuine and tolerant, and have given nigel a fair go.  they are also less likely to vocalise their opinions than supporters of other teams, but for the board to interpret this silence as tactic approval in my opinion is a huge mistake.  many supporters won''t say anything to the club, but they will moan and then eventually vote with their feet.  We could lose easily 25% of the current season ticket holders if we continue on the current bad run.  Then, faced with that evidence, as business people, delia and co would probably decide to replace worthy, but only then.

Agree with everything you''ve said, if he puts out the same team as today we will get murdered at reading. 3,4-0. This week he has come out and said that we don''t need to sell to buy new players. Well bloody buy some then! Stop buying average championship players put your hand in your pocket and buy someone decent! There are loads of premiership reserve players that can do a job for us.

But i can almost guarantee you that we will lose at reading then the whole build up to the scum game will be about worthy and is it his last game etc he should go etc then mcveigh will keep him in the job and get us a 1-0 win against ipswich. Keeping him here for another 5 games. The window will close and we are screwed.

If we don''t sign anyone before the reading game bye bye play offs!

Good points and all very valid but I don''t know how you come to the conclusion that Lisbie was a useful player (apart from diving to get that scum defender sent off which was well funny). From what I saw of him, he was awful. 

Spot on LGT,

The board of this club are living in a fools paradise. Instead of a previous thread asking who will not be renewing their season ticket the pertinent question should be: who DEFINATELY WILL as it is more likely to get a  telling response.

Like many others I suggest I am still considering whether to renew. I like my seat and the company around (althought the biscuits are crap), on the other hand getting a casual ticket will not be a problem next season so the commitment to games is unnecessary.

Football is part of my life and I have many other pursuits plus others I would like to try and I would not feel guilty about spending my time and money elsewhere and am not embarrased to say so. I take the piss a bit on this board and go off on tangents because it is only possible to rant for so long; why put yourself through it?

Play offs are no more than a dream now , 8 points behind  Preston with a game more played and Reading away next up . Truth of it is though every team in that top 6 are considerably better than Norwich and deserve the play off spot more than we do.

so what do u all think attendances will be next season??? do u think the part timers and hangers on from the past 2 or 3 seasons will finally all go and we will be left with the more realistic "hardcore support" figure of 16 or 17000?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so what do u all think attendances will be next season??? do u think the part timers and hangers on from the past 2 or 3 seasons will finally all go and we will be left with the more realistic "hardcore support" figure of 16 or 17000?

[/quote]

It depends what happens over the rest of this season. If we start winning more games and challenge for a play of place/make it into the playoffs, I don''t think the crowds will drop that low. However if we are pulled into a relegation dogfight and lose more good players at the end of the season (i.e. Shackell, Safri, McVeigh) then a lot may stay away next season. Only time will tell!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so what do u all think

attendances will be next season??? do u think the part timers and

hangers on from the past 2 or 3 seasons will finally all go and we will

be left with the more realistic "hardcore support" figure of 16 or

17000?

[/quote]Spot on jas that would be my prediction.

Jas you''re talking absolute rubbish, jumping to conclusions about what could be, how the hell do you know what the future holds for Norwich City. I suggest you wait and see until the end of the season and stop jumping to conclusions. Now i know what i''m about to say is going to sound absolutely ridiculous to most Norwich fans but hey just maybe we could shock the Championship with a win against Reading after all don''t forget we beat Sheff Utd 3-1 so there is hope Norwich fans.

I for one aren''t prepared for all this hype over sacking the manager again it''s bloody ridiculous. So quit speculating and support the team after all we need to be fired up for the Ipswich game, and the only way to do that is to support the manager. Yes i know that we are 8 points from the play-offs now but think back to the season when Norwich got to Cardiff, at the halfway point we were something like 9 points from the play-offs at the half way point but we still made it. However should we fail to make the play-offs come the end of the season then fair enough Worthington has to go as he''s underachieved, but in the mean time until then i''m prepared to really try and support Norwich in the hope that we can get promotion. 

And anyway say we sell Green and go and buy someone decent for say £2million, because anyway Green has been hopless for Norwich the last 2 seasons after all it could make our season. I know Worthington doesn''t have the best record for buying good players, but for me i think if Worthington is given say £2million then i generally believe he could get someone fairly decent for that sort of money. Which may make the difference with that bit of quality.

SO LET''S JUST SUPPORT THE TEAM AND HOPE FOR THE BEST UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON AND THEN REVIEW WORTHINGTONS ACHIEVEMENTS THEN.

UNTIL THAT TIME I''M STILL BELIEVING THERES A HOPE WE MAY GO UP

"BELIEF IT''S AN AMAZING THING"