Sign in to follow this  
barclayboy1902

Championship club loans

With Norwich being linked to several overseas players of late and already maxing out our quota do you think any of our current back up brigade would tempt any of the championship clubs in making a loan attempt?, interesting that steiperman, leitner and vrancic all failed to make the the match day squad for the last match.

Would any teams pushing for promotion view these players as much needed step up in quality on what they already have? 

Or is it a case of cancelling amadou's loan to make space with him also not making the last squad, but with Godfrey's ban I guess he will be back on the bench. 

45 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I still want Amadou to be given a chance at cdm, he seems to have already been written off by most.

I agree , they haven't really used him in his best position yet... I reckon we will miss Godfrey, they're praising our back up CB ... but I don't think he's up to the PL , I'm sorry...

What you really mean is that you haven't seen him in what you regard as his best position. 

He has been with the club for several months now and has been seen by the manager at numerous training sessions and assessments have been made. He no doubt has been 'given a chance' many times during training.

He obviously does not seem to be what the manager wants at the moment.

No, that’s wrong.  I don’t ‘regard’ anything as his being his best position -  it is a simple fact that Amadou was brought in as a cdm ‘who can also play cb’ and he played extremely well there against Arsenal.

Yes, but you said you still wanted him to be 'given a chance at cdm'. Well presumably he has been given many chances to show the manager what he can do there but it seems it is not the best option for us at the moment in DF's opinion.

Quite so, Ricardo - clearly not fancied by Farke, which makes you wonder why we signed him.  It’s certainly a shame that, given their importance, our summer signings have not really worked out as we’d have hoped, Byram apart; hopefully our Jan signings will fare better, and the early signs from Saturday were promising. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

24 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Quite so, Ricardo - clearly not fancied by Farke, which makes you wonder why we signed him.  It’s certainly a shame that, given their importance, our summer signings have not really worked out as we’d have hoped, Byram apart; hopefully our Jan signings will fare better, and the early signs from Saturday were promising. 

Some fit in and some don't, its not an exact science. You can't always be lucky.

I doubt we have the numbers to send very many out on loan.

Given our tiny cash outlay, the summer  was one window where we needed to drop a bit more lucky, imo.

We definitely don’t have a lot of scope for sending any potential first teamers on loan unless immediately replaced.  We do have a lot out there though - I was looking at the list the other day, we have 14 loans from the whole squad (incl Heise, Raggett and Husband), so Adams will be keeping busy!

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

It's pretty clear that the management don't fancy him, else he would be playing.

Ricardo’s, spot on. Also we aren’t buying him at the end of the year if we do stay up, suspect the only reason he’s not returned to his club is our lack of CB cover.

5 hours ago, ricardo said:

It's pretty clear that the management don't fancy him, else he would be playing.

Let's not forget that some players we bought in Farke's first season did not shine straight away and had to wait to take their chance. Amadou may simply be just behind three or four other players who are slightly more settled in the way of things that puts him at a disadvantage in getting match starts.  May well play against Burnley which gives him and some of the others the chance to stake their claim again.

It reminds me a bit of Stiepermann in his first season, not really able to play in his strongest position, but eventually made his mark the following season, so I wouldn't write Amadou off yet.....Tettey's form is probably the main thing that is keeping him out.