Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Buendia for POTS

He really is superb. Absolute joy to watch. His passing, tackling, vision, strength are top drawer.  I wish he could add a few goals off his free kicks, that would make him the complete package. If only his dribble on Saturday had ended in a goal the motd analysis and subsequent added value could have sustained top 26 for a couple more seasons. Enjoy him while we can. 

• Like 1

Great read, Duncs - a very good analysis of our Emi!

Will Spurs away finally be the game that Emi gets on the scoresheet? Surely this can last only so long?!

• Like 1

I think what's most exciting about him is we know he has another gear to move up into. 

An absolute star in the making, who - like Maddison - is a player we have to enjoy while it lasts.

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Can't disagree with any of that except simply, he can't be sold at any price!   The lad is an absolute joy to watch.    If Pukki does double his tally, then Buendia will be the reason!

He creates so many for Pukki. They are a couple really. 

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He's still behind Wes for me. But getting better all the time.

Different league to Wes, only been here 2 mins in comparison. Got everything ahead of him. 

Great read!! 

Emi is a talent! Sad he didn't really get going until December but since his 'little rest' he's been utterly immense!

POTS will likely be from 4 players. If I was deciding today based on the season to date it'd be 

1st - Tim Krul 
2nd Cantwell
3rd Pukki
4th Emi

But on recent form and ince Emi came back into the team:

1st Emi
2nd Tim Krul
3rd Cantwell
4th Pukki

Great little player,  on a par with Wes and just a notch under Maddison for me. He doesn't totally own his space and stamp his personality on the game. (Think Maddison and Greilish) But that will come, he's still young! He'll be a very, very good player, playing in the top tier from hereon in - Enjoy whilst we have him!

OTBC

On 20/01/2020 at 18:13, ged in the onion bag said:

Can't disagree with any of that except simply, he can't be sold at any price!   The lad is an absolute joy to watch.    If Pukki does double his tally, then Buendia will be the reason!

I think Emi himself might have something to say about that when the bids ( and wage comparisons ) come in. Enjoy while you can, if we go down there will be many takers, if we stay up he will be one of the reasons so even more takers.