Sign in to follow this  
JF

Oliviera to Wolves

Reported by an athletic journalist that covers Wolves 

“I'm told that talks have taken place over signing AEK Athens' Portuguese striker Nelson Oliveira.

Wolves have looked at him before when he was with Norwich. Scored 9 in 15 in the Greek league this season. Aged 28, 6ft 1in, could be an ideal back-up to Jimenez.”

Edited by JF

Wouldn’t be a massive surprise as they all use the same agent! 

A fit , motivated Olly would be great for anyone . Trouble is it doesn’t seem to last that long !

Didn't he moan about the weather here after he left us? Is it better in the Black Country then? 

1 minute ago, Chumino said:

He can get some payback on Mings? 

That would be interesting! Can’t see Oliviera being the type to hold back if he came up against him

1 minute ago, JF said:

That would be interesting! Can’t see Oliviera being the type to hold back if he came up against him

Exactly what I was thinking when I posted that, I can see he has it in him to leave his mark. That was atrocious of Mings and not the first time. 

Will be his eleventh club in less than eleven years. Undoubtedly a talented player - but obvious questions over his commitment.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

Didnt he basically say he hated playing in England? 

Although 60k a week from Wolves might persuade him..

I suppose the large Portuguese  contingent at Wolves might make up for  the food, the weather and whatever else it was  that stopped him being a professional  while he was with us. Nuno is no mug and will be aware of  Nelson's  chequered history, must  have a plan for handling him.....if he isnt/ doesn't  then they're taking quite a gamble.  Huge talent, bigger ego. The more I see of the 'new Norwich ' the more I understand why he was never going to fit in here. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

Slightly annoying in some ways because we never got value from him. Expect he'll be delighted to put one over Farke next month.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Slightly annoying in some ways because we never got value from him. Expect he'll be delighted to put one over Farke next month.

If 'he'  does.  He could also  revert to type  , as he's not the coolest, lose his head after 3 or 4  wild 35 yarders, get irritated at Emi  for being so  skillful , do something stupid  and get sent off. 

I was working in Lisbon just after he signed and a Benfica supporter in the staff canteen thought it hillarious we'd signed him.  Anyways, it wasn't until that fateful New Years Day meeting with Brentford that I actually realised why our decision deserved such mirth from the Portugese ..... As was explained to me, there's three teams out there. You, with ten men, the opposition .... and Nelson

On 20/01/2020 at 18:45, Dr Greenthumb said:

The only part I’m bothered about, have we got a sell on clause?

I don't think we have, but apparently he has. I read that he gets 10% of any fee...