Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

yet another manager did his homework - one on the chin for Foley and Co

Once again this afternoon we witnessed an opposition manager who had done his homework, and left Carrow Road with all three points.  The sad thing today is that Watford weren''t nearly as good as Preston yet they still managed to beat us and Boothroyd is the first of several managers who will take six points off us this season.

I assume the only reason we had a substitution today was because McVeigh was injured.  At no stage did Hughes, Jarrett, or Etuhu look as though they were going to control the midfield.  Boothroyd used two late substitutions to bring on some fresh legs, but what did we do - sod all.  I know I have to realise that the midfield trio are three of Worthy''s top signings so they couldn''t be taken off.  Do we put the youngsters like Spillane on the bench so they can see first hand how pathetic our midfield is?  Where was Rossi Jarvis today?

I heard the Watford fans chanting the name of their manager on numerous occassions, but I didn''t hear our fans chant for Worthy once ( unless Dicky heard it).  I think Foley''s comment about one on the chin for the supporters will come to haunt him at the end of the season when hopefully he will be joined by Worthy and Livermore at any club other than ours.