Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreBird

Team for Tottenham

Hernandez is perhaps the likely replacement for Buendia. He is frustrating but is due a good game and Sessignon will need marking. But if Todd goes to the left and Onel to the right then I think we will be more balanced than an outright midfield player.

That hurts us. Trybull in and Kenny up top or onel or rupp to start in front 4 instead?

I am thinking the team will stay the same as it was on Sat, with Hernandez in the wide position.

7 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I am thinking the team will stay the same as it was on Sat, with Hernandez in the wide position.

Yup, with Grant at CB obviously.

As it's turned out Duda's arrival could be enormously providential. Different player styles, but he looks like he could be just as influential as Emi - even more if can score. If they can gel together we'll have an awesome midfield!

I might be tempted to put Rupp alongside Tettey. Rupp needs to get up to speed ASAP, & Spurs is as near to a free hit as we're likely to get soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

Not sure I agree...

And if you do that, where do Duda, Cantwell and Buendia fit in?!

Drop McClean for Trybull orRupp in my book he’s prone to losing his man when in a holding position. To be honest he’s not really the best in any position but can be played in all positions in that midfield.

22 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Yup, with Grant at CB obviously.

As it's turned out Duda's arrival could be enormously providential. Different player styles, but he looks like he could be just as influential as Emi - even more if can score. If they can gel together we'll have an awesome midfield!

I might be tempted to put Rupp alongside Tettey. Rupp needs to get up to speed ASAP, & Spurs is as near to a free hit as we're likely to get soon.

Surely the cup game is the free hit? 

25 minutes ago, Indy said:

Drop McClean for Trybull orRupp in my book he’s prone to losing his man when in a holding position. To be honest he’s not really the best in any position but can be played in all positions in that midfield.

Really?  I’ve not bern so impressed by TT this season, but think Kenny has put in a number of decent shifts - it’s interesting how people see it differently!

Given no Emi, I’d have Amadou or Rupp next to Tettey and have Todd-Duda-Kenny in the ‘3’. I think we definitely need to try to be more ‘stodgy’/harder to play against.

29 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don't know. Think McLean was really good against Bournemouth playing deeper.

Not sure about Trybull in that holding position really. Isn't as good a passer as some of the others and often dribbled past too easily. Rupp, no idea! Haven't seen enough of him yet.

I suppose we do, I’m not saying I’d be unhappy with McClean playing he’s done well enough to keep his place.

Hernandez should start with Cantwell switching over, pace will be good against Spurs.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't

Krul,

Aarons, Zimmerman, Hanley, Byram

Tettey*, McClean

Cantwell, Duda, Hernandez

Pukki

* Assuming he's fit. If not, I'd go for Amadou / Rupp. I have a new found appreciation for Trybull, but he's not physical / mobile enough to be played as the 'main' defensive midfielder, as McClean is more forward thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nono said:

Surely the cup game is the free hit? 

Yes, but that gives him 2 games to get up to speed.

I'm not saying the Spurs game is unimportant(!), but if getting Rupp up to speed meant the difference between, say losing to Spurs & winning at Newcastle as opposed to drawing both then it'd be worth it.

He may be rubbish, but I don't think he'd have come in unless Farke & Webber thought he was an upgrade.

• Like 1

I wouldn't start with Hernandez as he's too risky. Granted he does unpredictable things but a large proportion of those cause us problems.

The week before last we didn't have Duda so for me, given that Duda looks capable, losing Emi is not such a big blow.

Trybull all day long for me as it's not a game to go gung-ho in

Krul,

Aarons, Zimmerman, Hanley, Byram

Tettey, Trybull

Cantwell, Duda, Vrancic

Pukki

Edited by Making Plans

3 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Well, presser has answered that question!

No Buendia tomorrow.

Thats a heavy blow, he has been so good recently, very disappointing.

Emi injured?? 😮  I demand to see the X-Ray Images!! He's orf isn't he......He really is orf!! .....He is, he is, he really is orf!!! 😫😭😣

maybe........?

15 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Emi injured?? 😮  I demand to see the X-Ray Images!! He's orf isn't he......He really is orf!! .....He is, he is, he really is orf!!! 😫😭😣

maybe........?

Nah... Can't see us selling him in this window. Some of my friends also thought this was a case of him being "injured"

I told them to stop being such sh1tty knickers!

3 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Nah... Can't see us selling him in this window. Some of my friends also thought this was a case of him being "injured"

I told them to stop being such sh1tty knickers!

Not actually been cackin' in me kecks....but I did slightly touch cloth on me boxers with a turtle's head ..... an' it's left a chocolate button stain.....

Pleeze don't go EMI 😭

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Not actually been cackin' in me kecks....but I did slightly touch cloth on me boxers with a turtle's head ..... an' it's left a chocolate button stain.....

Pleeze don't go EMI 😭

I should think he will, eventually, but not this window!

On the subject of turtles I went into a book store the other day and said to the lady at the counter,

"Got any books on turtles?"

"Hardback?" she replied

"That's right. And little heads..."

• Haha 1

Krul 

Aarons   Zimmerman Hanley  Byram 

Tettey             

Amadou   Trybull  

Hernandez                    Duda

Pukki 

Edited by Il Pirata

3 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Krul 

Aarons   Zimmerman Hanley  Byram 

Tettey             

Amadou   Trybull  

Hernandez                    Duda

Pukki 

As long as we don't put out this team, I'll be happy :)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I should think he will, eventually, but not this window!

On the subject of turtles I went into a book store the other day and said to the lady at the counter,

"Got any books on turtles?"

"Hardback?" she replied

"That's right. And little heads..."

I went into a pet shop the other day and said "can I buy a wasp please?" the young lady behind the counter said "sorry, we don't sell wasps".....I said "But you've got some in your window?"......

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

As long as we don't put out this team, I'll be happy 🙂

Each to there own! Three solid midfielders away from home against the champions league finalists seems sensible to me.. granted I can't see Farke going for it. 

Obviously you weren't at Manchester United. 

15 hours ago, Well b back said:

We are here and rumours beginning to circulate that Max Aaron’s has not travelled ?

Anyone in the know ?

Well that wasn't true. 😉

Had a brill game last night

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Did he get on the bus or stay in London ? 

They may well have ALL stayed in London.