Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreBird

Team for Tottenham

Outside of Hanley on for Godfrey, would you make any changes to the starting 11? I'd like to see Vrancic on for McLean, but I don't think we'll get that. I would bet the team stays mostly in tact except Amadou finding his way back to the bench as a backup plan as a CB.

Yep, I'd go with that - I thought McLean was one of our better performers on Saturday. 

Someone said Tettey pulled up at the end of the game, so if he's not fit, Trybull or Rupp might start.

Rupp is a seasoned pro I’d still go with Trybull or Vrancic if fit if Tettey isn’t available, but McClean is better further up the pitch, I’d prefer a solid look with Trybull & Tettey, especially with Hanley at the back, we need to be solid and break their play up.

• Like 1

I suspect Rupp may get his opportunity at Tottenham to try and disrupt their play. Who he comes in for is another question.

Still hate the thought of Hanley at the back for us.

Well laws of unintended consequences etc - if we’d scored a second or third goal we’d very likely have Godfrey available and not have to worry about Hanley. 

Clearly hanley starts and amadou makes the bench as the only change to the 18.    I simply can not see any other changes being made - I dont think we will see Vrancic on the bench with a preference to stick with Saturdays formula.

Not sure what we can do about the second down turn in performances,  but  we cannot concede ground like we did on Sat.    Having said that it is a "free hit"

Who has Rupp been bought to replace? Tettey? If so then he is considered more useful to the club on the pitch. So who is say that he shouldn't replace Alex? Probably DF as he knows best. It doesn't matter as long as it improves the team. Duda was an improvement on Stiepermann.

Any new signing must be all about improvement and you cannot have favourites when the performance of the team is all that matters.

• Like 2

Krul

Aarons, Zimmerman, Byram, Lewis

Trybull, Rupp

Buendia, Cantwell, Duda

Pukki

- Fahrmann, Hanley, Idah, Hernandez, Leitner / Vrancic, McLean, Amadou / Tettey 

Don't think we can play Vrancic in midfield and especially not away from home.    He's not getting to the pace of the game (Leitner similar) especially not for more than 45 mins anyway.   

We have to believe.... 0-3 to us.

OTBC

• Like 1

Would like to see both Duda and Rupp play, why bring them in if they aren’t an improvement? Am worried about the pace of Spurs going forwards, need to be solid and disruptive in midfield.

I would definitely like Vrancic to be on the bench at least.

If we had a couple of free kicks within range, he is the one person I would like to see behind the ball.

Eriksen didn't do that much against us but his main contribution made all the difference.

Pure speculation but I think Tettey & Rupp could turn out to be a good combo, Alex being more the destroyer & Rupp more creative, but both able to win midfield battles. We should find out soon.

Might be a few Spurs eyes on Aarons? Would like to scupper that by bringing Lewis back and switching Byram but Max is more of an attacking threat. We could have done with Godfrey to deal with Moura's pace. 

Hanley in but otherthan that same team as Bournemouth.

Certainly can’t really see the benefit of playing Trybull, he’s not been that great this season and I’d prefer to see Amadou or Rupp if Tettey is out.

Edited by Branston Pickle

From the Spurs message board...

’This is the perfect opportunity to blow away a hapless bunch of bottom dwellers, and give Tottenham Hotspur Football Club the shot in the arm it so desperately needs. 5-0.‘

Arrogant tw@. I hope we batter them 🤞

Just now, Alex Moss said:

’This is the perfect opportunity to blow away a hapless bunch of bottom dwellers, and give Tottenham Hotspur Football Club the shot in the arm it so desperately needs. 5-0.‘

I’ve been twice in 2012 and seen us draw then win, both times went to wetherspoons near the ground and found most Spurs fans obnoxious and very arrogant, telling us just how we’re going to get a good Tonkin.. 

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Might be a few Spurs eyes on Aarons? Would like to scupper that by bringing Lewis back and switching Byram but Max is more of an attacking threat. We could have done with Godfrey to deal with Moura's pace. 

Hanley in but otherthan that same team as Bournemouth.

That'd be  worthy of its own thread Pantso, can you imagine  the rumour mill  if for whatever reason DF  leaves max out!!!  If it was on sky, they'd ge talking  more about  wheres max? Than any other topic. 

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’ve been twice in 2012 and seen us draw then win, both times went to wetherspoons near the ground and found most Spurs fans obnoxious and very arrogant, telling us just how we’re going to get a good Tonkin.. 

We have a decent  record  against them in the prem dont we?  We def  can do them, ' can '  being the operative word. We couldn't  have  a better time to play them  .  The dead cat has bounced for them . Now the dead cat looks flat  chap. 

• Like 1

No way will Farke drop Maclean, nor should he. He covered so much ground on Saturday, doing a lot of dirty work and enabling others to shine. The lack of pace through our middle could be a problem but Spurs don't have a lot there either. Buendia and Duda just might surprise them.

Farke rarely changes a winning team, even if the overall performance was poor. 

Hanley will come in for Godfrey, with Amadou taking his place on the bench. 

I would like to see Vrancic come in for one of Rupp or Trybull though. I think he can offer a lot from the bench, if we have to chase the game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Who has Rupp been bought to replace? Tettey? If so then he is considered more useful to the club on the pitch. So who is say that he shouldn't replace Alex? Probably DF as he knows best. It doesn't matter as long as it improves the team. Duda was an improvement on Stiepermann.

Any new signing must be all about improvement and you cannot have favourites when the performance of the team is all that matters.

Totally agree. Vancic is favourite of mine but had a poor game at Manure (like the rest) so if somebody grabs the shirt so be it. They are all professionals and extremely well paid! They will all get their chance again. 3 games in 7 days. No worries about Hanley though. 

I do think that we have lacked physicality and Premier league know how / experience. Just been a little too light-weight in all ways.

This is a must win for Tottenham, whereas we already won our "must-win" fixture on Saturday. The pressure if them come Wednesday night. We should be able to come out loose and throw everything at them.

Tottenham on the other hand look miserable to be on the pitch: Dele threw a fit being taken off last game, Erickson has his bags packed and is Mourinho's welcome already worn out in that locker room?

Pukki had his way with their back line last time out at Carrow Road, I wouldn't be shocked if we came away with a point in this one.

Rupp unlikely to start v Spurs. He may get a run out if we're being tonked after 60 mins.  Most of the action will likely play out in midfield so we'll need physical players winning the ball and capable of holding their own.

I'd expect to see the starting line up something like:

Tim

Aarons Zimmerman Hanley Byram

Tetty  Trybull 

Emi Duda McClean

Pukki

OTBC

15 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

In my opinion that fan’s idea that they will thrash us 5-0 is utterly ridiculous. You never know, they might as we have the worst away record but they have not scored in their last 3 games. Had Pukki’s goal been given at Carrow Road I think we may have gone on to win as there would have been less pressure on us in the 2nd half. Spurs will also be without their key player Harry Kane.

Would love it if the score line was the other way round as it would be great for our confidence, goal difference and a hugely embarrassing for the fan who posted it on there in the first place 

Farke's talking about 6 more wins and 'a few' draws.  Tomorrow is another free hit as far as I'm concerned; even though they're not in good form, they're still one of the top 6-8 in the division.  This one, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester are the ones which I'm expecting us to lose, so if we pick up a point or even a win, that's a bonus as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BaltimoreBird said:

This is a must win for Tottenham, whereas we already won our "must-win" fixture on Saturday. The pressure if them come Wednesday night. We should be able to come out loose and throw everything at them.

Tottenham on the other hand look miserable to be on the pitch: Dele threw a fit being taken off last game, Erickson has his bags packed and is Mourinho's welcome already worn out in that locker room?

Pukki had his way with their back line last time out at Carrow Road, I wouldn't be shocked if we came away with a point in this one.

If we keep Spurs out for 30 minutes, their crowd will turn on the team, because Spurs crowds always do, Mourinho or not. This could be our not very secret weapon.

• Like 1

Krul,

Aarons, Zimmerman, Hanley, Byram.

Tettey, McClean.

Buendia, Duda, Cantwell.

Pukki.

Physical back 6 to allow the front four the freedom to hopefully disrupt spurs. OTBC.

21 hours ago, Indy said:

Rupp is a seasoned pro I’d still go with Trybull or Vrancic if fit if Tettey isn’t available, but McClean is better further up the pitch, I’d prefer a solid look with Trybull & Tettey, especially with Hanley at the back, we need to be solid and break their play up.

Not sure I agree...

And if you do that, where do Duda, Cantwell and Buendia fit in?!

17 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I hope we post this up on the walls of our dressing room.

Londoners though... Always pretty deluded! Ha!

Edited by BobLoz3

19 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Not sure I agree...

And if you do that, where do Duda, Cantwell and Buendia fit in?!

Well, presser has answered that question!

No Buendia tomorrow.