Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Somebody thinks we can do it!

Momentum is a huge thing in sport, under Hughton, we had a ten game unbeaten run picking up significant amount of points.

Spurs this week is a hugely important game, a must not lose, with Duda arrival it could trigger the best from Buendia and a little more out of Cantwell, if Pukki finds his touch again and can put away the chances he gets then there’s a chance of winning enough points to get that 17th.

It’s now so important to get the Southampton effect of momentum, confidence and run in the next four or five games to get us into the battle, 6 points adrift is too many going into the last 8 games, 3 points or less from 16th and we’re in with a chance.

• Like 1

I always recall the season we lost the playoff final to Brum - when we had played them in the home league game I think we drew 1-1 and were 6-7pts adrift of 6th with 7 games to go, but made it up.   
Get a run going and you never know, there’s enough games left (over a third of the season) and Watford/Saints have both shown it can be done.  Whether it will be, is another thing altogether.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

It’s absolutely possible. It’s unlikely and in fact a very long shot but any Norwich supporter who says we are down when we mathematically are not needs a clip round the earhole. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nono said:

Anyone saying we are down already  is not a true Norwich supporter.

What utter rubbish. Only one club in PL history has avoided the drop from our current position so to say we are down already is a rational position to take. It doesn’t mean that you don’t still hope the miracle happens.

Edited by Crafty Canary

Backs up what I thought at least - the Bournemouth game was no where near as bad as some were making out.

22 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:
39 minutes ago, Nono said:

Anyone saying we are down already  is not a true Norwich supporter.

What utter rubbish. Only one club in PL history has avoided the drop from our current position so to say we are down already is a rational position to take. It doesn’t mean that you don’t still hope the miracle happens.

Rational?  What is rational about saying we are down when it hasn't happened yet? 

• Like 1

Rational?  What is rational about saying we are down when it hasn't happened yet? 

It isn't rational but it is a belief, a hunch, an estimation. Nothing wrong with that is there?

I feel we have a better chance of survival after the weekend but it doesn't alter my belief that we are favourites for the drop. I will not be changing that view until I see a run like Watford or Southampton have just put together, that I will change my view.

The unfortunate thing is that this is proving to be a very, very mediocre Premier League season.  It was a golden opportunity for us to stay up, but realistically I think it's gone. 

We haven't taken enough points from the teams around us, and we face Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool, Wolves, Leicester and Sheff U in the next six games.  Whipping up the kind of blind optimism verging on hysteria that we saw in 2005 could be counterproductive, by putting added pressure on the team.  Don't despair, but keep your feet on the ground City fans.

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What has being rational got to do with supporting a football club?  It's the most irrational thing in the world . Why do I think the scarf I wear, or which turnstile I go through in the Barclay, can affect the result? 

I hate it when people start being rational about supporting Norwich .  

By the way , its now the middle turnstile , that's the one I went through on Saturday. It used to be the one on the far side (as you look at it ) but that's rubbish now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What has being rational got to do with supporting a football club?  It's the most irrational thing in the world . Why do I think the scarf I wear, or which turnstile I go through in the Barclay, can affect the result? 

I hate it when people start being rational about supporting Norwich . 

Yes, that was kind of my point.

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

Do you mean in terms of position AND points or just in terms of position?

As three teams have survived the drop when bottom at Christmas

Edited by BobLoz3

The thing about the Prem is that the bottom half of the table is always pretty compressed, every single season.  Any team that can put together a run of three wins in a row will shoot up the table, it's not a one-off, Watford have just done it.  They're not safe yet but from being adrift at the bottom now they're out of the relegation zone.  I remember Stoke doing the same the last time we were in the Prem.

Still very tough for City but Saturday was a true 6-pointer, I think a defeat would have been the final nail in the coffin, as it stands we're still close enough to have a chance.

• Like 1

We blew any chance of staying up when we failed to take any points off West Ham, Burnley, Palace, Villa twice, Brighton, Watford, Southampton, Sheffield United all sides we thought were winnable when fixtures were announced. Now 7/8 wins from 15 games Seems a hard ask to me

3 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

The thing about the Prem is that the bottom half of the table is always pretty compressed, every single season.  Any team that can put together a run of three wins in a row will shoot up the table, it's not a one-off, Watford have just done it.  They're not safe yet but from being adrift at the bottom now they're out of the relegation zone.  I remember Stoke doing the same the last time we were in the Prem.

Still very tough for City but Saturday was a true 6-pointer, I think a defeat would have been the final nail in the coffin, as it stands we're still close enough to have a chance.

Will you please stop talking sense, Bob!

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Rational - in a accordance with reason or logic.

so in accordance with reason or logic it is rational to state that as only one club has ever survived in the PL from our current position we are down. 

Time will tell if Lakey or me is the rational one. I would love it to be Lakey but am extremely confident it will be me in this case.

• Like 1

Rational, reason and logic! You forgot realistic Crafty.....

But no history happened this season so this season is not beholden to history. I'm with Lakey🙃

25 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Rational - in a accordance with reason or logic.

so in accordance with reason or logic it is rational to state that as only one club has ever survived in the PL from our current position we are down. 

Time will tell if Lakey or me is the rational one. I would love it to be Lakey but am extremely confident it will be me in this case.

Unfortunate you will be correct.

Possible v Probable. We are probably down as at 20th Jan - but it's the fight we want to see to scrap for survival. A few weeks, and a few results going our way and things can change. Unlikely given the task ahead, but possible.

Interesting article, it read like an algorithm wrote it! 

The scoreline would have been very different if the Bournemouth keeper hadn't had such a good game.

OTBC

13 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Will you please stop talking sense, Bob!

Hello? 😂

That was confusing. Is ICF called Bob in real life?! 

Being a NCFC supporter is a life full of optimism. We CAN still retain our PL status this season. The loan signing of Duda could be as significant as signing Pukki when were in the Championship.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Being a NCFC supporter is a life full of optimism. We CAN still retain our PL status this season. The loan signing of Duda could be as significant as signing Pukki when were in the Championship.

For me realism isn’t really part of being a fan, it’s all about hope 

The midweek fixtures have pitted bottom sides against each other. Who do we want to win or are draws better?

Villa v Watford

Bournemouth v Brighton

Hope Leicester can reverse their recent form and do the Irons and we come away with a win.