Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Amadou

18 minutes ago, Nono said:

I just don't get the McLean hate. He is our most effective midfielder in the centre, attacking or holding.

And he can head the ball. 

Yes indeed, a bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none 🙃

Amadou to me smacks of player struggling to adjust to English football, he has been inconsistent in his performances and Mr Farke must think that Tettey and occasionally Trybull look better day to day in training. I think the theory that he has made Tettey play better just by being here holds some water but unfortunately none of them have proved to be the answer in the CDM role. 

If he isn’t going to play then we may as well cut the loan short if possible and get somebody else in. A pity but that’s football. 

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

What have Vardy and Mane got to do with anything? For us Tettey has been exceptional this season - and the best I have seen him play in any season he's had with us. That is why Amadou hasn't had a sniff as DM.

To be part of a defensive midfield which shares the blame for conceding 2 gosls per game?

How is that excelling?

If Amadou had been brought in and played regularly in midfield then I would respect all the opinions expressed here. The record shows that he hasn't had any run of games in his position, this after being left out completely for the start of the season. We might as well put him in goal and then write him off .

I meant to say that Tettey is actually more culpable for the mess we're in because he has been captain much of the time.

Edited by Number9

45 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I meant to say that Tettey is actually more culpable for the mess we're in because he has been captain much of the time.

The simple truth about where we are is that some players took a while to get up to speed at this level - Buendia for one, who has got better and better after a difficult start to the season - and the injuries which really were a big part of the problem for a while. Lo and behold, we get all the players back and we start to look capable at this level with many good performances.  The big factor in not getting more wins has been getting the confidence levels up to hold on to slender leads - and in one case VAR (the travesty against spurs).

Tettey has been a revelation in his technique and confidence on the ball compared to other seasons, which is why Amadou has not featured more. Many of the goals against have been as a result of players giving the ball away cheaply or set pieces and although I can remember nearly all the midfielders being guilty of giving away posession easily at some time leading to goals, I can't remember Tettey doing it - and handling set pieces has been improved of late.

Amadou has had to settle for being a cover player, which is no disgrace - and like Fahrmann, other players stepped up their game to keep them out.

Edited by lake district canary

51 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The simple truth about where we are is that some players took a while to get up to speed at this level - Buendia for one, who has got better and better after a difficult start to the season - and the injuries which really were a big part of the problem for a while. Lo and behold, we get all the players back and we start to look capable at this level with many good performances.  The big factor in not getting more wins has been getting the confidence levels up to hold on to slender leads - and in one case VAR (the travesty against spurs).

Tettey has been a revelation in his technique and confidence on the ball compared to other seasons, which is why Amadou has not featured more. Many of the goals against have been as a result of players giving the ball away cheaply or set pieces and although I can remember nearly all the midfielders being guilty of giving away posession easily at some time leading to goals, I can't remember Tettey doing it - and handling set pieces has been improved of late.

Amadou has had to settle for being a cover player, which is no disgrace - and like Fahrmann, other players stepped up their game to keep them out.

That is not the simple truth Lakey. We have been very consistent despite being in the Premier League. 

We have displayed many of the attacking qualities and defensive qualities that we showed last season in the Championship.  

We still concede two goals per game and hope to outscore the opposition. We have consistently done this, it is why we eill be playing in the second league in August. 

37 minutes ago, Number9 said:

We still concede two goals per game and hope to outscore the opposition. We have consistently done this, it is why we eill be playing in the second league in August. 

Unless we start scoring one or two more goals, which is quite possible......that it is why it is not over yet.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Unless we start scoring one or two more goals, which is quite possible......that it is why it is not over yet.

Your plan is the same as Farke's, if we try to score 3 or 4 goals per game then we might win 3-2 or 4-2.

We got away with it in the Championship, but facts show it doesn't work in the Premier League. 

Look at the League table Lakey, it's good to be positive but try and be realistic too. Plan A doesn't work and Plan B really needs to be more substantial than lets try harder at Plan A.

On 20/01/2020 at 08:35, lake district canary said:

I said pretty much exactly this about two weeks ago on another thread! It's true, that is where most of our goals against have come from and I also think Tettey has been excellent.

Amadou seemed an exciting one but, and again I've said it 100 times on here, he is simply not consistent enough in his performances and that is why Tettey is getting the nod.

I'm glad you're all seeing it now 😋

Edited by BobLoz3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Your plan is the same as Farke's, if we try to score 3 or 4 goals per game then we might win 3-2 or 4-2.

We got away with it in the Championship, but facts show it doesn't work in the Premier League. 

Look at the League table Lakey, it's good to be positive but try and be realistic too. Plan A doesn't work and Plan B really needs to be more substantial than lets try harder at Plan A.

In my way of looking at things, you try and improve all areas. To be fair, the only team that has really done for us is Man Utd, who did a job on us right enough, but in other games we have missed too many guilt edged chances and if some of those had been taken, we would have several more points now - so for me it's yes try and improve defensive work, but also take the chances. In other words, just do what we are doing, but do it better!

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

In my way of looking at things, you try and improve all areas. To be fair, the only team that has really done for us is Man Utd, who did a job on us right enough, but in other games we have missed too many guilt edged chances and if some of those had been taken, we would have several more points now - so for me it's yes try and improve defensive work, but also take the chances. In other words, just do what we are doing, but do it better!

Villa too.

😍

16 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Vardy has been excellent. Mane has been exceptional. There are no Norwich players that anyone, even the most deluded Norwich fan, can claim have been better than decent.

I would argue that Krul, Cantwell, Buendía have all been better than 'decent'. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if you don't perceive any of those players' performances to have been better than 'decent', you're the one who's delusional.

The truth's probably somewhere in the middle ground, but that's some pretty damning language for some pretty impressive performers.

And Pukki. For some reason the forum won't let me edit or quote my post above, and insists upon posting random numbers and emojis above any posts I am able to quote. @Pete Raven, any idea why this keeps happening?

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Lots of 'ifs' there Lakey, and it's spelt 'gilt'.

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

And Pukki. For some reason the forum won't let me edit or quote my post above, and insists upon posting random numbers and emojis above any posts I am able to quote. @Pete Raven, any idea why this keeps happening?

I'm not claiming that there haven't been good individual performances by individuals in certain games. Pukki's hat-trick against Newcastle, a great performance. Two penalty saves by Krul against Man Utd (in a game we lost). Cantwell pretty much running the show vs Man City FOUR months ago. All of these are examples of player being great on the day.

There has been no one in yellow and green that has been exceptional. Even if (and it's an if as big as Carrow Road) we win 7 of the next 15 games and scrape avoiding relegation by a point or two you will not be able to say anyone has been exceptional, outstanding, superb or any other superlative.

Exceptional is reserved for those that win trophies. This season I would accept Norwich being good enough to avoid relegation.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

20 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

What device/browser are you using?

Sorry for delayed response, @Pete Raven. Running Google Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.

😍
14 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I'm not claiming that there haven't been good individual performances by individuals in certain games. Pukki's hat-trick against Newcastle, a great performance. Two penalty saves by Krul against Man Utd (in a game we lost). Cantwell pretty much running the show vs Man City FOUR months ago. All of these are examples of player being great on the day.

There has been no one in yellow and green that has been exceptional. Even if (and it's an if as big as Carrow Road) we win 7 of the next 15 games and scrape avoiding relegation by a point or two you will not be able to say anyone has been exceptional, outstanding, superb or any other superlative.

Exceptional is reserved for those that win trophies. This season I would accept Norwich being good enough to avoid relegation.

Just a matter of semantics, I guess. I'd say that Emi started slowly but his stats were still excellent, and he created more chances in a calendar month than any other player in the entire history of the Premier League, for a club at the bottom of the table... surely better than 'decent'? Compared to expectations, I'd say that Pukki (10 goals), Buendía (7 assists), Cantwell (goals, assists, general performances and huge improvement) and Krul (big step up, huge presence) have been very good at worst. Maybe not consistently 'exceptional', but certainly better than 'decent'.

Each to their own, though... guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

57 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sorry for delayed response, @Pete Raven. Running Google Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.

I think the boys at Archant are messing with you... 😉

11 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I think the boys at Archant are messing with you... 😉

They wouldn't dare; they know how dangerous I am.

• Haha 1

If I remember good the deal with Sevilla for Amadou was if we stay up this season we must buy him for about 9 mil.

So like it or not if we do miracle Amadou is one of our own lol:)

11 hours ago, Boris said:

If I remember good the deal with Sevilla for Amadou was if we stay up this season we must buy him for about 9 mil.

So like it or not if we do miracle Amadou is one of our own lol:)

I believe it is simply an option to buy, but I could be wrong.

I do wonder why we've had so many loan players come in that Farke just doesn't fancy for whatever reason.

Edwards, Passlack, Roberts, Amadou, all have come in with big reputations and all have seemingly not fitted the Farke way. 

On 19/01/2020 at 18:20, Nono said:

Are they all really worse than the Premier league? 

Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo would have significantly fewer career goals had he remained in the Premier League, and Ibrahimovic now far too immobile to have got away with a Premier League return at 38 but is now in Serie A. 

Apparently Srbeny is good enough to he signed by a Bundesliga club, would probably have been good enough for Rotherham over here. So all signs point to yes. 

Amadou next to Tettey tonight? I imagine Kenny will be pushed up to replace Buendia. I suppose Trybull is more likely, but I wouldn't be against two powerful CDMs tonight.

13 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Amadou next to Tettey tonight? I imagine Kenny will be pushed up to replace Buendia. I suppose Trybull is more likely, but I wouldn't be against two powerful CDMs tonight.

Can't see McLean playing wide right. 

Cantwell will and hernandez will come in on the left. 

The only wild card is if Farke decides to blood Rupp, who can play holding, or across an attacking three. 

Edited by Nono
Bored

I like this edit reason thing, only just noticed it....

Edited by Nono
Sweaty cats harassing me

41 minutes ago, Nono said:

I like this edit reason thing, only just noticed it....

Are those cats those weird hairless ones hence the sweat?? I imagine all those creases become particularity moist.

4 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Are those cats those weird hairless ones hence the sweat?? I imagine all those creases become particularity moist.

Thanks for that. I *was* eating.

• Haha 1