Foxy2600

Liverpool vs Man U

4 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

He has to know that VAR is looking at everything. Why attack the referee? If hes innocent, it will become clear soon.

Either way, their is just no excuse for acting like that, at all. Hes an adult, the occasion is entirely irrelevant. He is an adult.

That's why this offence is a booking.

Also, 'shouting the loudest' is not going to get you anything. 

He was rightly booked, and the booking right stood.

Shouting the loudest made Trump one of the most powerful people in the world. Society is littered with adults acting significantly worse than a footballer shouting at a referee. On that basis, he is acting like an adult.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

But it was a foul?

Not sure, really. Looked a bit soft but keepers get those decisions all the time. 

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

Not sure, really. Looked a bit soft but keepers get those decisions all the time. 

Agree, so VAR got it wrong and De Gea was correctly booked for dissent, lucky to get the free kick.

It was a bog standard foul on the keeper. They are protected and can't be touched. Its pathetic but they are given virtually every time. The more "important" the team, the more "important" the player the more appears to go their way.

Dissent is another thing that the "important" ones usually get away with. Until the referees have enough backbone to tell the FA, EFL, PFA and LMA, that they won't take swearing and abuse, just like racism and homophobia, and will strike or something similar then nothing will change.

Maybe the VAR officials should be ex players with no allegiance to either side who know the game?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kirku said:

Shouting the loudest made Trump one of the most powerful people in the world. Society is littered with adults acting significantly worse than a footballer shouting at a referee. On that basis, he is acting like an adult.

Ok, let's run with that for a moment.

Then the referee is doing his bit to quash that kind of behaviour, surely?

He should be hailed a hero for not allowing it.

Dissent is a booking, in play or not, it just is.

I agree that it was dissent, however, I think there's a huge lack of consistency.

In every other application of VAR, it's treated like a magic time machine, where everything is put back as it was before. Your view is that dissent should be punished, regardless of the veracity, at all times. I disagree. Either VAR's a magic time machine or it isn't.

• Like 1

Hey Ref - you were wrong!

no I wasn’t !

you were - it was not offside 

I’m giving you a yellow card for dissent

Why? I’m right and your wrong- go look at your VAR monitor on the halfway line...

yeah your right it wasn’t offside...

oh good could you rescind my yellow card ? 

No!

why?

Rules!

Which exact Football Association rule is that ?

we are no longer governed by the rules of Association Football...and anyways a yellow can’t be examined for being incorrectly administered- no matter how wrong I’ve got it. No matter how much VAR looks like I’ve made a mistake 

So Ref..... do you actually feel you are in charge of the fairness of the game any more ?

Nope! Some muppet near Heathrow is in charge...

Thanks Ref

a

• Like 1

Just now, ridgeman said:

De Gea laid hands on the ref should have been red.

A ref will get lamped before the end of the season because of their precious VAR. it’s going to happen.

But supporters no longer chant "The referee's a w**ker" because they realise the decision is from VAR.

The men in grey suits bend over backwards for referees. Whereas we used to have a referee and two linesmen we now have a referee, two assistant referees, a fourth official and who knows how many at VAR HQ. (Do they also have those two meaningless goal line officials in Champions League matches?).

The referee makes a mistake, never mind, we can change that. What about the forward who misses the goal, can't he have another chance? 

The game has always been about opinion and mistakes, from forwards, defenders and ........... referees. Players have to get used to mistakes by their team mates and should also accept that referees make mistakes.

Even after seeing the replays many times experienced ex-players could not agree about the van Dy** goal today. It's all about opinion.

As long as the referee is honest and fair, accept what could be considered his mistakes.

It always used to be a simple game ....... the referee's decision is final. (In other words, if he's wrong, he's still right).

Goal line technology yes, VAR no.

Edited by Yellow Wal

36 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Now mathematically impossible for us to win the League, a sad day indeed!

...I'm just thankful that we're playing them too early in the season for it to be mathmathically possible for them to win it at Carrow Rd.....that would be too much to stomach...

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...I'm just thankful that we're playing them too early in the season for it to be mathmathically possible for them to win it at Carrow Rd.....that would be too much to stomach...

Vomit inducing!

Just watched Burnley v Leicester on MOTD2.

VAR missing that second penalty was inexplicable. Could have brought them 2 points closer to us.

But of course it didn't happen because we didn't strengthen our defence ... :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Just watched Burnley v Leicester on MOTD2.

VAR missing that second penalty was inexplicable. Could have brought them 2 points closer to us.

But of course it didn't happen because we didn't strengthen our defence ... :classic_wacko:

It is hard to know what these officials are looking at if they don't see that as a penalty. It's almost beyond credibility.  

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It is hard to know what these officials are looking at if they don't see that as a penalty. It's almost beyond credibility.  

Who decides what they look at though.

The whole thing is bonkers!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Who decides what they look at though.

The whole thing is bonkers!

There was only on game on at that time, there is no excuse for them not seeing that incident. 

I'm simply increduloius at the incompetence being shown match after match, week after week - and it should be so simple to get right!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There was only on game on at that time, there is no excuse for them not seeing that incident. 

I'm simply increduloius at the incompetence being shown match after match, week after week - and it should be so simple to get right!

You are talking about your predictions, right? 😉

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ha! My predictions are not always rubbish.

Nah but your lectures are 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I've got my own theories about this. I don't think it's coincidence that Abameyang and Godfrey were both in the same area of the pitch.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

it should be so simple to get right!

Yes it should. If only another ball game, that may have originated from Football had a VAR / TMO type arrangement and paved the way for how it should be done...