Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Passing team - are you kidding!

I have just watched a game in which we did not put together a single passing move in the whole match!! we hoofed it down the pitch at every opportunity, the whole midfield was inept!!!

We somehow go in at half time one up completely undeservadly, they almost score right after we did, 2nd half we played crap for 20 mins then improved a bit (no better football was being played however

What a crock of crap

agree with Robbo.. even in the days of Big Iwan we just used to punt it at him and hope... thanklfulyl Iwan was a back to goal Striker and could actually do something, such as spread play out or hold it up.... we havent passed the ball in years!

jas :)

Of course we are a passing team, infact we are a passing CLUB.

We passed up the chance to stay in the premier league.

We passed on the opportunity to sign a balance and adequate squad at the start of the season.

We passed away numerous goal scoring opportunities in the early games.

We have passed up any chance of promotion.

We have passed up a 7 million offer for Ashton.

I could go on but I think you get the point.

Whats worse is we played teh long ball game badly!  Thorne and McVeigh had nothing to play with but why target either with a long ball if the midfield are not going to be in a position to either pick up the flick on fromThorne or challenge for the second ball if the defender wins it???  

The first half was dull to the extreme, the penalty just about waking me up before half time analysis with fellow fans....

The second half, well it was exciting if you forgot you were suppposed to be watching a professional football team.  I  sort of drifted back to watching the games my son used to play at about age 10.  And that is insulting my son''s football team, who just happened to be guests of honour in the community stand today.  Poor lads, hope they won''t want to copy anything they saw.

Passing team, do me a favour.  Most of them out there can''t pass to each other in the warm up.