Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Godfrey

Agree about how close the Bournemouth bench were to the monitor.  You can see one of their staff looking at the screen while the ref reviews it and is clearly saying something to influence him.  The other thing I didn't like about the sending off was how the ref didn't say a word to Godfrey (from what we were shown on the highlights).  Just stared into his eyes and pulled out the red card, almost with pleasure.

Funny enough Godfrey has started every game we’ve either picked up points or kept clean sheets in the Premiership! I’m pretty sure that’s enough to say who the best defender we have is! Also it looks like a fit Godfrey is Farke’s first choice that says it all for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Funny enough Godfrey has started every game we’ve either picked up points or kept clean sheets in the Premiership! I’m pretty sure that’s enough to say who the best defender we have is! Also it looks like a fit Godfrey is Farke’s first choice that says it all for me.

Don’t think that’s correct. I can think off the top of my head 3 games we didn’t lose without Godfrey.

Just now, Well b back said:

Don’t think that’s correct. I can think off the top of my head 3 games we didn’t lose without Godfrey.

Which ones?

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Off the top of my head Spurs, Palace and Preston. 

He started v palace, Preston was a cup game and Spurs might be the only one I believe.

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

He started v palace, Preston was a cup game and Spurs might be the only one I believe.

Norwich City: Krul, Aarons, Hanley ©, Zimmermann, Byram, Vrancic, Tettey (Idah 90'), McLean, Buendia, Cantwell (Hernandez 78’), Pukki (Stiepermann 82’)
Unused substitutes: McGovern, Amadou, Lewis, Trybull
Goals: Cantwell (4’)
Bookings: Zimmermann (42’), Aarons (74’), Hanley (76’), Stiepermann (83')

Cant see him there. Applying your theory against % of games to points our best centre back is Hanley, but our main defender playing to points gained is Byram. 2 games we got points in Godfrey went off. Please don’t take this as a negative against Godfrey as I am simply answering your question.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Norwich City: Krul, Aarons, Hanley ©, Zimmermann, Byram, Vrancic, Tettey (Idah 90'), McLean, Buendia, Cantwell (Hernandez 78’), Pukki (Stiepermann 82’)
Unused substitutes: McGovern, Amadou, Lewis, Trybull
Goals: Cantwell (4’)
Bookings: Zimmermann (42’), Aarons (74’), Hanley (76’), Stiepermann (83')

Cant see him there. Applying your theory against % of games to points our best centre back is Hanley, but our main defender playing to points gained is Byram. 2 games we got points in Godfrey went off. Please don’t take this as a negative against Godfrey as I am simply answering your question.

Yep sorry couldn’t remember, but nope we’ve still got all wins and clean sheets with Godfrey. I still don’t get why people are so pro Hanley, he just doesn’t suit Farke’s style, he’s far too slow in reaction and physical speed. Still each to their own I’d start Zimbo and Godfrey every time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Every league game we have won or kept a clean sheet, Godfrey has started. 

Spurs and Palace were dropped points because we couldn't hold on to a lead. 

Hanley has only started one win this season and one win last season. 

Have people forgotten the sending off v Portsmouth last season? 

The issue isn’t with Hanley, it’s great he’s there to be called on and will no doubt do a job, put in a shift but he lacks quality in lots of areas and certainly doesn’t improve our team in replacing Godfrey. Fingers crossed he has a blinder and those holding midfielders do their job too, we might pick up a point at Spurs.

Edited by Indy

Xxxx me, studs up late challenge on par with Godfrey’s challenge by the Sheffield player not even remotely reviewed!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Xxxx me, studs up late challenge on par with Godfrey’s challenge by the Sheffield player not even remotely reviewed!

Not seen it but the sky sports news studio said it was an awful challenge, studs in on his ankle

edit: seen it on Twitter and it doesn’t look a red from the angle I’ve seen 

Edited by JF

3 minutes ago, JF said:

Not seen it but the sky sports news studio said it was an awful challenge, studs in on his ankle

edit: seen it on Twitter and it doesn’t look a red from the angle I’ve seen 

Watching live on bt and it’s as bad, late and studs up, exactly the same, but media darlings are exempt from VAR reviews tonight!

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Watching live on bt and it’s as bad, late and studs up, exactly the same, but media darlings are exempt from VAR reviews tonight!

I’ve seen a better angle now and in my opinion a yellow is the correct call. Godfrey’s was far worse imo. 

edit: The one tonight would have been looked at by var as they look at everything, would have just been it didn’t take long enough to look at to announce it to the crowd

Edited by JF