Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Duda

Looks class. Vision, touch, range and only denied a debut goal by one of the best saves I’ve ever seen.

Great start and hopefully a catalyst to the season

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 7

Absolutely, thought he was magnificent first half - he seemed 3 steps ahead of any other player on the pitch. Faded a bit second half but that's to be expected I think, being parachuted into a side after not much football and only a week of training. Really wish we could have him permanently!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

If only we’d got him in the summer

We can only imagine but yes. Bit early but on today's evidence he could well be one we really needed to sign. Unfortunately he isn't going to ply his trade in champs so I guess hell give it all for us as a shop window. 

3 minutes ago, Nono said:

He looked OK. Don't get too excited. 

He isn't the saviour who will single handedly deliver us, but he was certainly better than OK. I thought he was very good.

• Like 2

Lovely touch, always finds a player and seemed to make time for himself, shame that he didnt get a goal. Excellent first performance and on this showing looks likes anther great piece of work by the scouts.

Well we got the win, that and Duda's performance gives us something to build on now. 

He could quite easily have bagged a brace today, now that would have been some debut! 

45 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

If only we’d got him in the summer

He was unavailable in the summer unfortunately, would have been lovely if he was.

However, if anything we have benefitted from a situation nobody saw coming. Duda was a regular in the Hertha side last season, nobody could have seen him falling out of favour this season.

So try not to look at it as we missed out half a season, so much as benefitting from an unexpected turn of events.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Looked class strong and confident just all a bit too late I fear 

Not Duda related but on the debut theme - Haland scored a hat trick for Dortmund today on his debut, as he inspired a 5-3 win coming back from 3-1 down!!

Thought he looked good an upgrade on what we have now. Not sure McLean is suited to the deeper role so would rather see Trybull in there. Duda is not a ball winner and I think that was our failing 2nd half.

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

Not Duda related but on the debut theme - Haland scored a hat trick for Dortmund today on his debut, as he inspired a 5-3 win coming back from 3-1 down!!

There is a Norwich City related 'twist' to it though if reports that Dortmund are considering Farke as their next manager are to be believed. 

He looks very promising. 

While he certainly faded somewhat as the game went on, that was probably due to being thrown in after only a handful of games this season at Hertha. 

It is a huge shame we couldn't get him or someone similar in the summer. We've been desperate for someone to battle with Steipermann for that role in Farke's system. 

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A class debut and my MOM even though he was substituted.

Erm... Buendia? 

A match-fit Duda gets at least one, probably 2 today and finishes the game for us.

Very promising.

Very encouraging indeed. Nice to see him come straight in too, I hadn't thought that would happen. 

Very quick feet and mind. Can see the quality and I hope he just gets better 

Edited by BobLoz3

40 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

There is a Norwich City related 'twist' to it though if reports that Dortmund are considering Farke as their next manager are to be believed. 

They can consider all they like. Lots of considering leads to nothing.

26 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

They can consider all they like. Lots of considering leads to nothing.

Of course - I did say 'if' and 'are to be believed'. 

If Dortmund carry on winning under their current manager then presumably there won't be any vacancy anyway. 

When I saw he was starting I thought he must be good considering he has just arrived. and he was excellent indeed. A commanding performance and on another day would have scored one or two.

Very pleased for him

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

When I saw he was starting I thought he must be good considering he has just arrived. and he was excellent indeed. A commanding performance and on another day would have scored one or two.

Very pleased for him

Even more pleased for us

Just hope he doesn't do a Naismith. But I'm genuinely confident he''ll improve rather than nosedive.

Reasons to be cheerful!

38 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Even more pleased for us

Just hope he doesn't do a Naismith. But I'm genuinely confident he''ll improve rather than nosedive.

Reasons to be cheerful!

I was about to make the same point about Naismith’s debut, but it feels a bit hard on Duda who looks like he should grow with game time. 

I think what was pleasing the most about his excellent debut performance was that he arguably wasn’t even at 100%. Imagine what he’ll be like once he’s up to speed... scary!