Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Time to move on.

We need to move on from var, refs,injuries to players,lack of vocal support at home games,no leadership on pitch etc,etc,etc.these problems will be with most clubs in all leagues.The point I am making is come kick off today there will be 2 teams trying their best to win and 1 will be unlucky in some way if they win draw or lose.This is the way it is and will be.

43 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Some of it is.

Life's complicated.

To concede 45 goals in the 22 games is not luck or complicated. 

• Like 1

I will absolutely will not shut up about VAR and refs. If we shut up and just take it the situation will get worse and worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I will absolutely will not shut up about VAR and refs. If we shut up and just take it the situation will get worse and worse.

No it won't they don't have it in the Championship. Godfrey didn't cover himself in glory the view I had of it.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

No it won't they don't have it in the Championship. Godfrey didn't cover himself in glory the view I had of it.

Whatever, it’s another soft red in a soft league with soft headed referees

Soft red!! That’s as clear a red card as you could see. An absolute leg breaking challenge 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JF said:

Soft red!! That’s as clear a red card as you could see. An absolute leg breaking challenge 

If you think that’s bang on go and watch netball mate

If you think that’s bang on go and watch netball mate

Clearly you don’t know the rules of the game. As clear a red card as you could see. There’s no debate to be had on it

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It was a red. Clearly. 

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

So clear that the ref didn’t give it. 

And the exact reason that var was introduced. Anyone who has any complaints over that decision are deluded. Awful challenge

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

So clear that the ref didn’t give it. 

Had a look and then yes pulled out his red. Been ok next season. 

It both was and wasn't a red. In the current rules it was a red card, in what the rules should be - not over protecting a load of prima donna's who fall over and cry when they break a nail - it wasn't.

Edit, I actually finished the sentence.

Edited by All the Germans

1 minute ago, Nono said:

A clear red that was a yellow. 

Very clear. 

Var was introduced to overturn clear and obvious mistakes. In this incident it was spot on

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Yes it is. We had one (totally inexperienced) centre back for several games at the beginning of the season - & he was playing with a hernia.

VAR has just been introduced. Look at the league table without it. We'd be 2 points off 15th.

If you think everything in life is under your control you're seriously deluded.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JF said:

Var was introduced to overturn clear and obvious mistakes. In this incident it was spot on

So was this "clear and obvious red" more clear and obvious than the one that got overturned against sheff utd?

I have my doubts...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So was this "clear and obvious red" more clear and obvious than the one that got overturned against sheff utd?

I have my doubts...

To anyone that hasn’t actually seen the challenge on a tv screen id hold your judgement. If it were an opposing player on ours the verdict would be unanimous. Red card all day long and a potential leg breaker

Edited by JF

I do not question the Godfrey incident, looked a red card to me.......but why did it take so long to review the penalty?, we could all see from the other end of the pitch that the Bournemouth player made a great save, he did not complain about the red card and just walked off the pitch, yet VAR took an age to review it, absolutely bonkers......... t

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

So you'll be pleased with the clean sheet today. 👍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JF said:

To anyone that hasn’t actually seen the challenge on a tv screen id hold your judgement. If it were an opposing player on ours the verdict would be unanimous. Red card all day long and a potential leg breaker

Not disputing what you tv boys saw. Obviously it wasn't clear and obvious to us in the south stand. Just asked the question..

Was it more of a red than the sheff utd one?

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I do not question the Godfrey incident, looked a red card to me.......but why did it take so long to review the penalty?, we could all see from the other end of the pitch that the Bournemouth player made a great save, he did not complain about the red card and just walked off the pitch, yet VAR took an age to review it, absolutely bonkers......... t

They were checking offside in the lead up.

PS, seen it on TV and I wouldn't have given a red, even against our player.

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

They were also looking at whether Pukki was offside in the build up. 

Edited by Fuzzar

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not disputing what you tv boys saw. Obviously it wasn't clear and obvious to us in the south stand. Just asked the question..

Yes. Late and studs in on the lower leg/ankle 

😖
15 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just seen it on the Sky Sports app, and yes it was. Still think the Sheffield United one shouldn't have been overturned as it was one of those 'orange card' tackles, but Godfrey's was definitely worse.

55 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Not a chance. Blatant red.

You might need to actually change sports because you don't seem to understand the rules of this one if you think that's soft...