Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Bournemouth match thread

Is Vrancic injured? Dropped from the match day squad is harsh although a strong bench compared to recently.

Hanley as well, I personally thought he’d done better than Zimmerman in recent games.

Overall though very happy with that selection.

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Is that 442? 

Why would it be? Has it ever been? 

Very attacking line up. I'm sure there will be lots of goals today. We must strike first.

Feel it's harsh on Vrancic. Midweek game to come, will perhaps see some changes then. Good team though we need to take this match from the beginning.

Fair play to Farke, Duda straight in and destroys the myth that he always bides his time with new signings. Strange Mario has been completely omitted, hopefully he’s just got a weekend bug or something.

For Duda to come straight in, I’m guessing he must have looked very impressive in training this week, fingers crossed!

Apart from McClean that’s a strong side, where’s Varncic.? I’d he not fit?

Yeah - I'm not sold on McLean being in - he hasn't shown much in recent weeks that warrants that imo - Would have preferred to see Vrancic in there, maybe Hernandez in for Cantwell/Buendia....  Strong side though.

I'm calling it now...McLean has compromising photos of Farke

..barring Klose, a fully fit squad....Trybull Vrancic Leitner Amadou and even Rupp available but somehow we're back to McLean in a holding midfield position?!?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

..barring Klose, a fully fit squad....Trybull Vrancic Leitner Amadou and even Rupp available but somehow we're back to McLean in a holding midfield position?!?

Statistically the best defensive But more creative partner of Tettey/Trybull last season, and by far the best in the air. Having Tettey and Trybull would stifle the midfield too much so the best option we have to play next to Tettey

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Do you think it involves a horse! 

• Haha 1

Strange for me too, McClean isn’t very good at defensive side of the game around our box, would have preferred Amadou, Trybull or Vrancic.

Still it could mean only Tettey as holding and McClean further forward more attacking as we need to win.

Mossy-it isn't really a myth about DF biding his time with new signings but agree it is good news. Agree about MacLean versus Vrancic. Also, Vrancic does take a good free kick around the box.

Happy Farke has picked Duda, but overall disappointed with the selection. 

Firstly, has to be Vrancic or Leitner next to Tettey especially at home. 

Secondly, no Hernandez again and essentially three number 10's behind Pukki. No raw pace or width. Relies too much on the fullbacks getting forward which leaves us vulnerable. Hernandez and Vrancic are game changes...Mclean and Cantwell are not. 

OTBC. 

Is it true that this is the first league game this season where we've been able to name a CB on the bench?

Disappointed to see McLean back to one of the deeper roles. He's far too aggressive with his forward runs leaving us light in the middle.

Ho hum. Come on lads!

21 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Fair play to Farke, Duda straight in and destroys the myth that he always bides his time with new signings. Strange Mario has been completely omitted, hopefully he’s just got a weekend bug or something.

Skillful, but not athletic/energetic enough. One of our biggest problems.