Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Bournemouth match thread

and to add the cherry on top, Wycombe get a pen in 90+5 to win. Penalty conceded by Rochdale defender and Norwich fan Mathieson and keeps the scum out of the top 2 👌

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

On this evidence there are not three teams worse than us. Still going to be relegated unfortunately

In that case use some of the evidence of when we've played well for large periods and not got what we've deserved.

If you choose to take the most negative view each time I'll never understand you, just glad I don't share it

• Like 3

Just now, BaltimoreBird said:

Lots of negativity after a win. I'll enjoy this at least. 6 more wins and we give ourselves a chance. Lots of winnable matches left.

Just a true reflection of the game I'm afraid.

Happy with the points but disappointed in the performance. 

1 minute ago, lharman7 said:

First half we were very good. 2nd half we let them pin us back too much but broke well and you wouldn’t be moaning had we converted one of the clear cut chances we had.

A wins a win. We did the job. Happy days

i feel sorry for anyone that can’t be simply happy this evening

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, lharman7 said:

Like I said earlier. We've played beautiful in the past and wound up with nothing. An ugly win like this might give the squad some confidence that they can dig deep and gut one out. They did what they needed to do and gave themselves a chance. Great result.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

I agree ...yet I will be happy to keep winning now and playing disappointingly.

2 minutes ago, Hillhead said:

In that case use some of the evidence of when we've played well for large periods and not got what we've deserved.

If you choose to take the most negative view each time I'll never understand you, just glad I don't share it

I think our league position justifies a negative view even though most games we've had periods when we've played well. Despite a win, today's game confirms my belief that we'll be relegated.

Enough of the negativity, how about some positives 

Duda looks class

Buendia is finally looking the part in the PL

Cantwell continues to improve and learn

Mclean was superb in the first half, his interceptions were spot on and was great in the air. Doubters need a rethink

We overcame the consistent cheating from Bournemouth who had little else to offer

We scored a penalty!

oh and we won the game

OTBC

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 7

Although it was only on the radio, sounded like Buendia, Duda, Cantwell combo is as good as it looks on paper.

Might just get 7 wins but doubt that’ll be enough. Might have been so different if we got Duda in the summer!

That win gives us some hope. We played some good football but I thought we overdid it at times, showboating, and didn't finish off the game. But a win is not something that we have been able to crow about too often this season and the weekend just got better.

We don't look a battling side. I'm not convinced we can go ahead and hold on to it too often. After all, a poor Bournemouth team made sure they stayed in the game even if they rode their luck with some of our poor finishing.

Great for the home fans to see a win at last and hope the local pubs are doing well on the back of it.

6 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Despite a win, today's game confirms my belief that we'll be relegated.

Thanks for the prediction Nostradamus. Any other expected results? Liverpool to win the league, England to reach the knock out but fail to win the Euro's!!

Bournemouth very obviously playing for free kicks that second half, but the challenge from Godfrey is stupid. He has a well-known aggressive streak and that cost him today.

Got the win which is huge, but still allowed an opponent we had dominated first half run the game in the second. It's a problem. Absolutely unbelievable at this point that Farke can't see when the games are turning.

All that said, today I'm just going to enjoy the 3 points.

9 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Buendia for me as MOTM.

Yes for me. If he had finished that late on dribble Delia would be delirious with his added value. 

• Like 1

Again I don’t see the negativity. Yes we limped over the line, but we got there. 

Wednesday will be different again. Let’s remember we’ve played fantastically against the likes of Spurs, Palace, Arsenal, Sheff Utd. We haven’t finished games off or capitalised on chances. We did today and deservedly got the win.

The rollercoaster continues, onwards and upwards 

I often wonder what does make some people actually smile and enjoy football.

We won in a game we desperately needed to win. Rather that than another top performance but a defeat.

Imagine the pressure on Bournemouth now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I expect the lack of confidence came into play in the second half. Bottom line is that it’s three points and a clean sheet, lovely old job. 

I agree. I can almost feel them thinking "here we go again" and dropping back as a result. I hope the result will mean we don't do that next time and can have a bit stronger confidence.

24 minutes ago, Chumino said:
25 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Does Godfrey now miss 3 games?

Yes

Can that include the cup game next week, which would mean he could play against Liverpool if needed?

Just now, lake district canary said:

Can that include the cup game next week, which would mean he could play against Liverpool if needed?

Good point, not sure on Cup game, somone will be along soon with the answer. 

God that was nerve-wracking.

We dropped deeper & deeper ... Looked totally knackered half way through second half. Cantwell was like a duracell bunny fortunately, chased down everything on the pitch. He never fails to surprise me with his gangly skills & determination. A real find.

How they didn't score I'll never know. Mind you, how we didn't score more is also a mystery. But that's the same most weeks.

Tempting fate, but Duda looks utter class.

We're gonna have to improve on that to stand any chance at all. A bumpy ride awaits ..

• Like 4