Sign in to follow this  
NWC

We can't blame refs our VAR for being bottom.

1 minute ago, NWC said:

According to this link, our lowly position has nothing to do with decisions going against us.

We would still be bottom but 1 point better off. The shocker is Brighton who seem to have amassed an extra 7 points! 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-how-premier-league-table-would-look-if-every-decision-was-correct-20200110?source=facebook

But how can they say what decisions of var were right or not? The whole thing about VAR is that the offside decisions are still not clear either way, right or wrong - or even of there was a slight brush of the ball on someone's arm or whatever, whether in the spirit of the game that should be ignored if it was accidental. 

VAR - unless used for absolutely the right occasions, is flawed - and just adds even more controversey than before to decisons. It just stinks and has ruined too many games - I forgave the officials for their stupidity over Jerome's overhead goal a while back.....but that Vrancic to Pukki goal was one of the best goals you will ever see and in the cold light of any analysis, var or otherwise, it should have been declared it a goal - but the VAR officials managed to f*** it up and ruin something very special, that injustice will rankle with me for a long time.

Not sure about that league analysis. I suspect we would still be bottom but closer to 17th than 6 points.

Man utd second penalty, Spurs and C Palace would have all seen us with more points.

Edited by East Rider

I won’t blame VAR for this season. We haven’t been good enough.

doesnt mean I can’t be mad at referees, the referee management and the premier league for willingly mess up this season. It’s incompetence or corruption and they should frankly be sued for changing so many refereeing rules as the season goes on

• Like 1

We've certainly lost out through VAR. We'd still be bottom three, maybe even bottom, but we'd be closer to safety in a season where most people would have taken 17th.

For supporters at games it's even worse. We are unlucky that this poorly thought out and badly implemented excercise coincided with our return to the PL.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

But how can they say what decisions of var were right or not? The whole thing about VAR is that the offside decisions are still not clear either way, right or wrong - or even of there was a slight brush of the ball on someone's arm or whatever, whether in the spirit of the game that should be ignored if it was accidental. 

VAR - unless used for absolutely the right occasions, is flawed - and just adds even more controversey than before to decisons. It just stinks and has ruined too many games - I forgave the officials for their stupidity over Jerome's overhead goal a while back.....but that Vrancic to Pukki goal was one of the best goals you will ever see and in the cold light of any analysis, var or otherwise, it should have been declared it a goal - but the VAR officials managed to f*** it up and ruin something very special, that injustice will rankle with me for a long time.

VAR isn't flawed, the rules are.  Offsides should be in favour of attackers if marginal, and the silly handball rule should revert to as it was.  

VAR has achieved its objective.

We no longer hear prolonged chants of "The referee's a w**nker", and most people realise a chant of " VAR's a w**nker" would be pointless.

Referees are no longer criticised on MOTD, all the vitriol is aimed at VAR.

Referees must be protected at all costs.

The game is being taken away from supporters and players and is now all about the officials and the men in grey suits.

17 hours ago, paul moy said:

VAR isn't flawed, the rules are.  Offsides should be in favour of attackers if marginal, and the silly handball rule should revert to as it was.  

If one more person refers to The Rules of Association Football during a VAR debate I’m going to seek them out and give them a Chinese Burn. 

THE GAME IS GOVERNED BY LAWS. LAWS. And if people don’t understand the difference in applying Rules and interpreting Laws then please do some research . You may then understand.

Thanks .  

We can certainally feel agrived by the use of VAR this season;

Everything seems to have gone against us without VAR;

Basham is sent off, Godfrey isnt.

Pukki' (Spurs) goal stands, Connor Wickhams doesn't - thats 4 points plus 17 minutes to equalise against Sheff U.

Then theres the encroachment against Arsenal - obviously far too early and would only have been 1-0 but even so...

and VAR didnt get involved when Haller's done Zimmerman - similar to the sendings off of Aubameyang and Godfrey recently.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly CDM, to state that every other club has suffered with VAR, that it's made no difference to our season, and we need to stop finding excuses.

Personally, I'd rather have the additional 8+ points we'd have got without VAR, potentially been out of the relegation zone, and been able to enjoy matches more without VAR taking us roughly from behind with no lube instead.

VAR has been a total mess, inconsistent application, poor decisions, incorrect frames used, horrible delays and I'm struggling to see what the actual upsides to it have been this season.

5 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

If one more person refers to The Rules of Association Football during a VAR debate I’m going to seek them out and give them a Chinese Burn. 

THE GAME IS GOVERNED BY LAWS. LAWS. And if people don’t understand the difference in applying Rules and interpreting Laws then please do some research . You may then understand.

Thanks .  

After I posted that yesterday I thought some idiot pedant would pick me up on this. Anything to deflect from the argument. Leftie by any chance ?

We have 2 different VAR tables doing the rounds and everyone can pick the one that suits. One where if VAR didn't exist and we all went along with the referee decisions for right or wrong(according to how VAR is supposed to be used). The second where every time VAR has admitted it got it wrong (missed hand balls in build up etc)  take your pick. But let's get this straight, We are not the only team being victims of VAR. Everyone has a gripe with it. Not just us. It is a useless system that has had some useless new rules written just for it. It's not fit for purpose but it is not just us. Let's get on with doing what we can on the pitch and hope that is enough. 

18 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What a tw4t. 

What an idiot pedant to get so upset over semantics. LOL

Edited by paul moy