Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Who will miss out

Reading the relevant messages from DF is seems Duda (our £25m player :classic_biggrin:) is the man to either start or be an early sub. We have others back as well now, so which of last seasons stalwarts are not only going to miss the starting 11 but perhaps the squad all together?

Steipermann? Vrancic? 

Could be a season changing game.

Reckon he’ll move Kenny back to midfield with Tettey. Duda as a number 10. Vrancic dropping out.

Edited by ec-p

If not today it looks like Kenny won't be no 10.  I would rather have mario with tettey than Kenny who has yet to impress in the deeper role at this level.  Add in Trybull at best he is 3rd choice there, but probably behind amadou too.

With Ben back too the bench should look much stronger so more than 1, 2 to miss out as it could look like fahrmann, Godfrey or Hanley, Lewis, Trybull, Kenny, Onel, drmic/idah.

29 minutes ago, ec-p said:

Reckon he’ll move Kenny back to midfield with Tettey. Duda as a number 10. Vrancic dropping out.

I can see this happening. Duda to start, Kenny back in the middle with Tettey, which I believe it should be. Mario acting as fresh legs.

Vrancic faded badly and just hasnt got the legs or physicality. You can't play someone just because they do a few pretty passes each game. 

McLean is a far more effective player and it beggars belief people can't see it. 

Only changes I see is Godfrey in for Hanley or Zimmerman, with Pukki back up top. 

But if Farke does throw Duda in, then the greater combatitive nature of McLean, and the fact he can actually head a ball, makes him the obvious one to put with tettey. 

But I can't see Farke throwing a new player in to such a crucial position from the start. 

Edited by Nono

Kenny v Brighton was invisible, not for the first time in the prem, playing deep. That was the day we go out be out that is not his position.  Vrancic is better there, if only for 60 mins.   Trybull a far better option, while leitner and amadou have shown more there too.

Kenny is much better further forward but even then his best game was against a much shorter mason holgate, which is why Duda is here.