Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Derby in the doo doo.

Just been charged with possible points deduction..... sign of things to come?

I do hope so. Would be good for us if these teams get hammered. If you go up and stay up you seem to be beyond the reach though? Villa about to spend even more ? But presume they won’t make a loss this year? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Great news. Not for the fans though. Its not their fault.

Certainly paints our model and financial situation in a good way.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I do hope so. Would be good for us if these teams get hammered. If you go up and stay up you seem to be beyond the reach though? Villa about to spend even more ? But presume they won’t make a loss this year? 

Rumours are Villa likely to be in trouble even if they stay up.

Yep basket cases on one side, extremely conservative and growth prohibitive on the other... Middle ground seems to be where the successful Premiership teams sit.

16 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Appears that many clubs effectively sold their grounds to themselves at inflated valuations in order to record a false profit or loss.

Reading, Sheff Wed, Villa, Birmingham and Derby.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142719

The issue with this is what’s to stop the owner could sell the ground back to the club for a pound and then repeat the process? It’s all very sad and hopefully the EFL will charge all of them, trouble is have they broken any rules by doing so?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

The issue with this is what’s to stop the owner could sell the ground back to the club for a pound and then repeat the process? It’s all very sad and hopefully the EFL will charge all of them, trouble is have they broken any rules by doing so?

I think the main issue is the inflated valuations that cooked the books.  FFP probably would have been otherwise breached and so a price must be paid such as that already paid by Brum with a points deduction.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Yep basket cases on one side, extremely conservative and growth prohibitive on the other... Middle ground seems to be where the successful Premiership teams sit.

Like, say newly promoted Cardiff last season - didn't go mad and spend a £100 million like Fulham - instead spent £32 million (the kind of figure many on here have said we should have spent - promptly relegated and currently sit 12th in the Championship. 

(£32 million figure does not include any fee they may have to pay in the tragic case of Emiliano Sala). 

• Like 1

I don’t disagree that fines/points deductions and the like can feel harsh on supporters, but the flip side is that they have been benefiting from their club living beyond its means by having players it can’t afford whilst others are abiding by the rules. Derby almost got promoted last season, maybe they shouldn’t have even made the play-offs?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t disagree that fines/points deductions and the like can feel harsh on supporters, but the flip side is that they have been benefiting from their club living beyond its means by having players it can’t afford whilst others are abiding by the rules. Derby almost got promoted last season, maybe they shouldn’t have even made the play-offs?

The trouble as you say, you should feel for the supporters, but like Villa and others, their fans are quick enough to preach you can’t stay in the big leagues without spending millions....so pay the piper comes to mind. No sympathy really.

• Like 1

I have no sympathy. I can still see the binners waving fivers and tenners singing "we'll never play you again" That turned out well 🙃

Villa did the same and their fans brag about it. 
I realise the FL and EPL are different competition’s, but surely if you are promoted from one into the other and proven ( I emphasise proven ) to have cheated to get there, surely they should be automatically relegated.

5 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

That would be a rather slim middle ground, about 8 clubs out of 91 (rip bury) 

I don’t think our current regime is growth prohibitive at all. If anything I think the decisions made by our club will perfectly enable  future growth. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I can still see the binners waving fivers and tenners singing "we'll never play you again"

Indeed buddy, and when they said that, I don’t think even they realised how right they would be 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

Villa did the same and their fans brag about it. 
I realise the FL and EPL are different competition’s, but surely if you are promoted from one into the other and proven ( I emphasise proven ) to have cheated to get there, surely they should be automatically relegated.

Don't worry about Villa, we're staying up regardless. 7 wins to come, the 1st comes Saturday.

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

Rumours are Villa likely to be in trouble even if they stay up.

I certainly hope so!

15 hours ago, Indy said:

I don't think they can. I am sure the rules were changed to stop transfers of grounds and land between the owners and clubs. Also, any sale back to the club would have to be at market value as the parties are connected.

20 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Which are the teams in the middle ground?