Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Membership Scheme Revamped

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-unveil-new-ticket-membership-scheme-1-6468343?fbclid=IwAR0pCW6dulDupPtMFUa6PfPtuDTRjV7HpmEDQE3G4JbT5T3LyCL6wV_aGJU

The Match Pick ensures that those purchasing an away membership will be guaranteed to get a ticket to at least one match during the season and likewise for the home membership - thanks to the priority for ticket sales being broken down into eight groups.

Based on away games attended during 2018-19, tickets will go on sale in the following order...

- Group One - 10+ away games

- Group Two - Match Pick

- Group Three - 7+ away games

- Group Four - 4+ away games

- Group Five - 1+ away games

- Group Six - all other members

- Group Seven - season ticket holders

- Group Eight - general sale

While the Match Pick will not be a guarantee of a specific game for everyone, due to demand usually out-weighing supply for high-profile games, it is hoped that many supporters who don't get their first choice will get their second choice as understanding of the new system spreads.

Its a much better scheme, but I am not sure it will be really needed to get an away ticket, unless Ipswich get promoted or we have a run at promotion ourselves next season, then it might be needed from Feb onwards.  

I think Ill chance my arm in the general sale.  

18 minutes ago, Ren said:

Its a much better scheme, but I am not sure it will be really needed to get an away ticket, unless Ipswich get promoted or we have a run at promotion ourselves next season, then it might be needed from Feb onwards.  

I think Ill chance my arm in the general sale.  

Remember there are several grounds in the Championship where the away allocation is far less than we have experienced this season.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Remember there are several grounds in the Championship where the away allocation is far less than we have experienced this season.

Which clubs would they be?  I can only think of Luton and I doubt they will be there next season. 

Edited by Ren

11 minutes ago, Ren said:

Which clubs would they be?  I can only think of Luton and I doubt they will be there next season. 

Less than the current 3,000 of the EPL would include Cardiff, Hull, QPR, Derby, Brentford and if the Scum get lucky they only give us 2,000.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

People are never going to be happy with this, one way or the other. Everyone will still moan (probably) until the points thing comes back.

Norfolk folk... we're resistant to change for the most part! (Myself not included although I am most definitely a good ol' Norfolk boy).

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Less than the current 3,000 of the EPL would include Cardiff, Hull, QPR, Brentford and if the Scum get lucky they only give us 2,000.

Brentford are moving so I can see that one being popular.  QPR being London is always popular but we have been there loads of times.  The others I cant really see a membership being required for.  Ipswich - well they need to get back up first! 

Personally I don't agree with away "tax", but ill let the fans decide.  Boycott it and it goes away, keep buying and it gives the club the message that they are doing the right thing! 

3 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

People are never going to be happy with this, one way or the other. Everyone will still moan (probably) until the points thing comes back.

Norfolk folk... we're resistant to change for the most part! (Myself not included although I am most definitely a good ol' Norfolk boy).

?  - Points are back!

3 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

To be fair people complained about the points system as well....

People will complain at whatever system is in place.

Brentford would be a new ground for all, I don’t suppose it will have a huge away allocation though as think it’s only 17k or so overall (after they initially planned for 22k); I guess we could yet be playing them in either division or not at all (particularly if they pass us dropping down!).

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Less than the current 3,000 of the EPL would include Cardiff, Hull, QPR, Derby, Brentford and if the Scum get lucky they only give us 2,000.

Championship clubs are obliged to offer up to 2,000 tickets to visitors, although away teams often request less.

Clubs can agree between themselves a higher allocation, although, typically they insist on a reciprocal arrangement for the return fixture 

35 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

great, had 9 away games in 2018/19...now i'm in the 3rd group 😡

you will get a ticket for anything you want with that i'm sure. Its better than the position you are in now surely? 

My view is that whatever the allocation i can only see very,very few getting to general sale for those not buying into the scheme. Only works out as a ' tax ' of just slightly over a quid a game.

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

you will get a ticket for anything you want with that i'm sure. Its better than the position you are in now surely? 

Not had an issue getting any away games this season so far...but the 'game pick' will likely mean a popular one could be an issue.

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My view is that whatever the allocation i can only see very,very few getting to general sale for those not buying into the scheme. Only works out as a ' tax ' of just slightly over a quid a game.

I actually think it will be the other way around.  Time will tell I guess! 

• Like 1

It couldn't have been worse than the one we have now... I will be in the fourth group though 😞 , went to 6 away games in  18-19 season , we shall see...

Why did they feel the need to change it in the first place. Such a load of balls just to get extra50 quid out of a lot of people. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Why did they feel the need to change it in the first place. Such a load of balls just to get extra50 quid out of a lot of people. 

That is exactly why they did change it! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Not had an issue getting any away games this season so far...but the 'game pick' will likely mean a popular one could be an issue.

I guess it depends on how many people they let pick a particular game as their Match Pick. I would assume it won;t be more than about 500 for any particular game so there should still be 1000+ tickets left by the time any sales go to group 3 and at least we are not fighting it out with anyone who has an away membership now. 

I personally think they've made it worse. So I paid £200 this season for 4 memberships (2 home and 2 away), however my attendance at games this season doesn't contribute at all towards my priority for games this season.

I was living in Leeds in our promotion season so only attended a couple of home games. Now I will be one of the lowest priority home members next season despite attending 6 games at home so far this season.

I think this is an absolute joke. No chance I am getting a membership for next season, either home or away. 

I cant remember how many away games I went to! Have only just had a quick look on the website but unless i'm being blind its not obvious as my purchase history doesn't go back that far? Any help much appreciated..

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Would have had no problem with this system had included this year...

Travesty that it hasnt.

1 minute ago, rondy said:

I cant remember how many away games I went to! Have only just had a quick look on the website but unless i'm being blind its not obvious as my purchase history doesn't go back that far? Any help much appreciated..

My purchase history goes back to the beginning of the century so it ought to be on there somewhere