Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Season ticket Prices frozen

Whilst this is good news, we will still be one of the most expensive in the 92.   

My biggest gripe is that we have to commit when we don't know what product we are getting and have to pay for it six months in advance.  All because the club needs the money to help its cash flow.  Well I am sure it doesn't help the cash flow of many of its supporters.  

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

How do we compare price wise in the Championship ? 

I don't know, but in the Championship my ticket works out just over £20 a game which I'm more than happy with.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ren said:

My biggest gripe is that we have to commit when we don't know what product we are getting and have to pay for it six months in advance.  All because the club needs the money to help its cash flow.  Well I am sure it doesn't help the cash flow of many of its supporters.  

"Frozen"......"🎵#"Let it go......Let it go"#🎵......

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We must be one of the cheapest in the Premiere or the Championship if prices have been frozen for 8 seasons. Well done Norwich on that policy then .

2 years ago we were the 8th most expensive in the whole football league.  I doubt that this has changed very much as most clubs have been freezing ticket prices for a long time! 

The link is a couple of years out of date  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41482931  but we are were and still are far from the cheapest ticket.      It is all about supply and demand and despite the cost still represents good value.

But is does highlight just how expensive they were 8 years ago... 

ps - this link has our average ticket price as the 7th cheapest in the prem this season.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6404583-ranking-the-average-prices-of-premier-league-club-s-season-tickets-ahead-of-2019-20-season

Edited by ZLF

8 minutes ago, ZLF said:

The link is a couple of years out of date  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41482931  but we are were and still are far from the cheapest ticket.      It is all about supply and demand and despite the cost still represents good value.

But is does highlight just how expensive they were 8 years ago... 

ps - this link has our average ticket price as the 7th cheapest in the prem this season.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6404583-ranking-the-average-prices-of-premier-league-club-s-season-tickets-ahead-of-2019-20-season

The second link is on average price though.  I always prefer to compare like for like.  eg: behind the goal etc

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Yes I guess supply and demand dictates the price. It’s a little surprising though us being a community club who always put the fans first. 

Community club doesn't equal give everything away for free and cross your fingers, though.

People obviously feel the season ticket is good value because we sell them all. Those that aren't happy can choose to go to a selection of games instead. That's the great thing, its totally optional.

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think you did indirectly with this thread. Maybe you didn’t then and it’s just a random statement.

I'm happy with the price as I have been the entire time i've had my season ticket (else I wouldn't have one). But I don't think any congratulations are in order nor have I said as such.

I do find it a little bit odd that you wanted to try and take a stab at the clubs 'community' ethos based on season ticket pricing. Then again it's hard to identify with the stuff the club actually does within the community when you're not part of that community.

Or indeed to understand the value of a season ticket which you never buy...

Does anyone know how this average price is worked out? Our cheapest ticket is available in all areas except the more central blocks along the sides. 

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Does anyone know how this average price is worked out? Our cheapest ticket is available in all areas except the more central blocks along the sides. 

Excellent response as always which has firmly put me in my place. My mistake, sincere apologies. 

1 hour ago, Ren said:

I could understand that gripe if we were looking at relegation from the champs but here you'll either get prem teams or 3 extra matches... Would you expect it to be cheaper if we got relegated?

14 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I could understand that gripe if we were looking at relegation from the champs but here you'll either get prem teams or 3 extra matches... Would you expect it to be cheaper if we got relegated?

Frozen, just like their transfer fund!

Just think all that extra PL income, and our next two years relegation PL payment.

Richest debt free club in the Champs is their only aim.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Frozen, just like their transfer fund!

Just think all that extra PL income, and our next two years relegation PL payment.

Richest debt free club in the Champs is their only aim.

IF their interest was financial gain they'd have sold the club years ago.

It's at the top end of prices in the Championship so don't think that with relegation they could have done much more than freeze it. I certainly think, rightly, there would have been a lot of flak if they had raised it... pricing out poorer fans etc... the right decision all things considered.

Bargain if we stay up... god came over all a bit "Lakey" there... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

You mean the elite areas ? 😉

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ren said:

Are you saying if we go back to the championship and play brilliant football like last season that the season ticket cost should be less?

My only gripe would be paying the same money for un-entertaining rubbish football.

22 hours ago, Ren said:

But you're paying a different price depending on what you are actually getting.

If we're in the PL, it's about £32 a game. In the Championship it works put to about £26 per game (basing this on my seat prices).

It's also to do with supply and demand, as mentioned above. 

We may be amongst the most expensive on average, but it's all relative. I'm happy to spend that money for what I get back. But I wouldn't be happy to spend £30 odd a fortnight for something I didn't enjoy, obviously.

I can't be the only one who thinks the above prices are pretty reasonable to watch my team every other week?