Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Let's get Jarrod bowen

10 hours ago, Indy said:

As much as I love Pukki, I don’t think he’ll make a regular starter in the premiership, won’t suit Leeds or WBA so even if he does go, I can see him being loaned back by January.😉👍

I don’t think their is much danger of Leeds being in the PL to sign Pukki next season anyway - they are about to hit their annual tailspin. 

11 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Out of our reach.

Why? We have several players valued in excess of £10m and least one of them will leave in the summer. Why not trade on that value? If we are relegated we'll need 3 or 4 strikers to sustain an automatic promotion push. 

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is this confirmation then that we have a transfer war chest of £15m ?

I can recall Webber saying we had £20m available in August and we didn't spend much of that did we?

I doubt Pukki will leave us for another PL team - no one else really plays the way we do, apart from the top 4, and he won't get in their teams. I can see him going abroad though if we go down, especially if he shines in Euro 20.

Everybody seems to think Bowen is a striker, but isn't he an attacking midfielder?

So people are just picking potential signings off the top scorers list now 😂:classic_wacko:

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Everybody seems to think Bowen is a striker, but isn't he an attacking midfielder?

So people are just picking potential signings off the top scorers list now 😂:classic_wacko:

Makes a change from Football Manager. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's a winger, really. Or an AM, yeah. But he's scoring goals from that position sooo.... Yeah. He'd be a good player for us. But we won't sign him.

Can't afford it, he likely wouldn't come anyhow thinking he'd be straight back down to the Championship, we've just signed two midfielders... Not happening.

As for Idah... Do people really think he's going to set the world alight? I am a fan, don't get me wrong, but the lad is still learning. Looked way out of his depth against Man Utd. Doesn't run around as much as Pukki, harrassing defenders and keeping them busy. Won one header all game against Man U and that was to nobody.

Perhaps there's an argument to say he'd be suited to the Championship but it isn't a guarantee. Played against a second string and depleted Preston side in the Cup and scored a hattrick yes. But that's all we really have to go on as far as Championship opponents are concerned.

Also... £10 million for Pukki? I know he'll be 30 by then but if he scores, say, 15 this season I would expect we'd want more than that for him!

17 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That would say it all if Pukki went for £10M. Would be bargain of the season for any team taking our place or staying up. 

With the greatest of respect £10m for Pukki at his age is almost unheard of. Wasn’t Giroud £8m to Chelsea due to his age ?. Whoever signs him is likely to only get a year out of him so possibly £5m a year wages and a £10m fee, can’t see anyone paying that unless they are like Spurs with Kane out for 6 months.

20 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I doubt Pukki will leave us for another PL team - no one else really plays the way we do, apart from the top 4, and he won't get in their teams. I can see him going abroad though if we go down, especially if he shines in Euro 20.

He will go to another Premiership club like Palace or West Ham because he will be cheap and has a couple of year left at the top level.

When we go down we should do all we can to hold onto Pukki. He's more important to the team than the younger players who'll command higher transfer fees - and in a more-expensive position to replace. He's on a long-enough contract so I don't see why we'd have to accept a few million £ for him - unless he turns stroppy, which I can't see him doing. Keep him and build the team around him once more and we have a chance of coming straight back up. Without him (and without spending proper money on his replacement) I'd be much more wary of our chances.

• Like 1

We're certainly not going to sign him at £15-20m, especially with Duda already signed and with Cantwell, Buendia & Hernandez plus MacLean and Stiepermann as back up.  The other question is, is he better that what we have already got?  Has never played in the Prem and I seem to remember him being pretty anonymous when we played them at home last year - could've been a one off performance of course as we were rolling teams over with ease by that point in the season.

52 minutes ago, Well b back said:

With the greatest of respect £10m for Pukki at his age is almost unheard of. Wasn’t Giroud £8m to Chelsea due to his age ?. Whoever signs him is likely to only get a year out of him so possibly £5m a year wages and a £10m fee, can’t see anyone paying that unless they are like Spurs with Kane out for 6 months.

Wages are probably a quarter of what Giroud would have demanded. We shall see.

58 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I can recall Webber saying we had £20m available in August and we didn't spend much of that did we?

Really ? I have never known the club to show their hand with regard to a transfer budget alerting anybody with a player we are interested in to the fact.

• Like 1

I think signing Bowen could of been realistic for us in the summer, if of course we decided to spend some money. I think he's beyond our reach currently, considering our precarious position. Quality player who im sure could make the step up to the Prem. Would imagine him signing for the likes of Burnley/Newcastle/Bournemouth in the summer.

He is a quality player. Classy style. Comfortable on the ball but definitely has an eye for goal. Think he could be a prem player so not so sure he would want to come to us anyway. Looks value in today's market if the figures banded about are accurate. 

• Like 1

I'd have him in a heart beat, terrific player. Michael Bailey's latest article on the Athletic suggests the club are chasing a first team centre half with an eye on next season as the remaining transfer of the January window, though. 

5 hours ago, Grando said:

When we go down we should do all we can to hold onto Pukki. He's more important to the team than the younger players who'll command higher transfer fees - and in a more-expensive position to replace. He's on a long-enough contract so I don't see why we'd have to accept a few million £ for him - unless he turns stroppy, which I can't see him doing. Keep him and build the team around him once more and we have a chance of coming straight back up. Without him (and without spending proper money on his replacement) I'd be much more wary of our chances.

If we are to go down I would defer his relegation clause as long as he stays. Strikers like him do not grow on trees and it would be worth every penny. He seems happy enough here with Farke in charge. I think Idah is a million miles off Pukki's level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

If we are to go down I would defer his relegation clause as long as he stays. Strikers like him do not grow on trees and it would be worth every penny. He seems happy enough here with Farke in charge. I think Idah is a million miles off Pukki's level.

The club won't break it's wage structure for one player. However, if we sell 2-3 players for £60m or so I can see a portion of that money going into the wages pot which could help encourage the others to stay. Could be another £10m promotion bonus on the cards? It's an all-round odd situation with Pukki. Will a top club want to spend the money we would demand (think how much he'd cost to replace...) for a 30 year old with one successful season in a top league in his entire career?  Maybe the club can come up with a "creative" solution to giving him the money needed to make him stay.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grando said:

Spot on. You only have to look at the Man U game to see how much we miss him when he's not there, even if he doesn't score. Plus as the news today shows, we've helped him become a Finnish national hero - would that continue if he moved somewhere else?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Spot on. You only have to look at the Man U game to see how much we miss him when he's not there, even if he doesn't score. Plus as the news today shows, we've helped him become a Finnish national hero - would that continue if he moved somewhere else?

Who’d want to stay at in the Premiere league on bigger wages too. Pukki would be crazy to leave Norwich if offers come in. 

I'd heard a rumour that pukki was close to going to Palace until he injured himself. They got the guy from Everton on loan instead. £15m was the fee. 

Why wouldn't he go? He's proved he can cut in it the top flight. If he has a good euros too he'll get crazy offers. 

He's on a long contract and if he gets a good offer, we should strongly consider offering him more  to stay. How much would we have to pay to get anyone close to replace him?