Thirsty Lizard

Team for Bournemouth

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

.........Krul......

Aarons..Zimm..Godfrey..Lewis

........Amadou...Vrancic....

Buendia.....Duda....Hernandez

.............Pukki..........

biggest talking point here....can we actually play Amadou in the position we signed him to play in?...granted he was needed elsewhere early on but we now have a chance to play him in midfield and aren't doing it??

I do like the look of this team 👍

I think at home Vrancic has to play. If not then Leitner in the same position. Vrancic' range of passing and ability to switch it out to the fullbacks is something I'm not sure Tettey or Amadou are capable of.

• Like 1

I think that if Duda impresses in training he will play. Also from an attacking point of view, I woud prefer to start with Hernandez so that would be -

Krul

Aarons  Zimmermann  Godfrey  Lewis

Tettey  Vrancic

Buendia     Duda     Hernandez

Pukki

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think that if Duda impresses in training he will play. Also from an attacking point of view, I woud prefer to start with Hernandez so that would be -

Krul

Tettey  Vrancic

Pukki

Very good team

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Krul

Tettey  Vrancic

Pukki

Dont think Hernandez has done anything to warrant a start over Cantwell. I also think Hernandez works better as an impact sub whereas I dont see that being a feature of Cantwells game. Otherwise agree.

• Like 3

GK  Krul

LB  Lewis

CB  Godfrey

CB  Zimbo

RB  Aarons 

CM  Amadou

CM  Vrancic 

AML  Cantwell

CAM  Duda

AMR  Buendia

ST  Pukki

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Dont think Hernandez has done anything to warrant a start over Cantwell. I also think Hernandez works better as an impact sub whereas I dont see that being a feature of Cantwells game. Otherwise agree.

Cantwell is still learning imo and I would like to see him being more creative. As I have watched him this season at games and most recently at Preston, he runs around a lot, plays small passes accurately most of the time but plays key passes very rarely. You could say he only has to do one key pass to lead to a goal, but when you look at Vrancic, Buendia for instance, they are trying and succeeding in key passes a lot more.  Cantwell has scored goals too, fair enough, but for sheer agression in attack, Hernandez on his day is hurting defenders, pulling them out of position which creates space for others - and often makes shots on goal.  If Duda and Buendia can make the key passes, then Hernandez with Lewis on the left, with Aarons on the right, every single player is offering something positive all the time, with of course the intelligence and skill of Pukki up front.  Cantwell is an important player for us, but I think we can be more effective with others in the team at the moment.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Cantwell is still learning imo and I would like to see him being more creative. As I have watched him this season at games and most recently at Preston, he runs around a lot, plays small passes accurately most of the time but plays key passes very rarely. You could say he only has to do one key pass to lead to a goal, but when you look at Vrancic, Buendia for instance, they are trying and succeeding in key passes a lot more.  Cantwell has scored goals too, fair enough, but for sheer agression in attack, Hernandez on his day is hurting defenders, pulling them out of position which creates space for others - and often makes shots on goal.  If Duda and Buendia can make the key passes, then Hernandez with Lewis on the left, with Aarons on the right, every single player is offering something positive all the time, with of course the intelligence and skill of Pukki up front.  Cantwell is an important player for us, but I think we can be more effective with others in the team at the moment.

I understand what you're saying, and what you're getting at, but Hernandez unfortunately isn't, or hasn't been, doing what you're saying. And certainly the reality is:

Cantwell has 6 goals and 2 assists this season in the prem.

Hernandez has 1 goal 1 assist (but playing half as much).

Cantwell actually has 1 key pass per game on average. The only player in the entire squad who has a better ratio is Buendia. So contrary to what you say Cantwell is actually the most likely after Buendia to create anything for us.

I agree with the concept of Hernandez being a better option as our attacking 3 are in danger of becoming too similar and we need someone with some additional pace - but Hernandez has largely been ineffective.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I understand what you're saying, and what you're getting at, but Hernandez unfortunately isn't, or hasn't been, doing what you're saying. And certainly the reality is:

Cantwell has 6 goals and 2 assists this season in the prem.

Hernandez has 1 goal 1 assist (but playing half as much).

Cantwell actually has 1 key pass per game on average. The only player in the entire squad who has a better ratio is Buendia. So contrary to what you say Cantwell is actually the most likely after Buendia to create anything for us.

I agree with the concept of Hernandez being a better option as our attacking 3 are in danger of becoming too similar and we need someone with some additional pace - but Hernandez has largely been ineffective.

If you're talking key passes, Vrancic hasn't had many minutes, so the one he made against Spurs for Pukki's 'non' goal would have put his ratio up.  It's that kind of vision that he and Buendia have that is so impressive. Cantwell is brilliant in his own way, but with Duda arriving who may change the dynamic of the midfield, we may become more direct and need Hernandez - as long as he is at his best - to benefit from that.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If you're talking key passes, Vrancic hasn't had many minutes, so the one he made against Spurs for Pukki's 'non' goal would have put his ratio up.  It's that kind of vision that he and Buendia have that is so impressive. Cantwell is brilliant in his own way, but with Duda arriving who may change the dynamic of the midfield, we may become more direct and need Hernandez - as long as he is at his best - to benefit from that.

Yeah fair, big advocate of Vrancic's range of passing and is why I think he should start every home game. Obviously buendia has a ridiculous 2.9 key passes per game so is on another planet to the rest of our players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Krul

Tettey  Vrancic

Pukki

This would be my pick. Surely enough. I would think Hernandez could be very effective in this one. Don't think Tettey deserves to be dropped for Amadou. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah fair, big advocate of Vrancic's range of passing and is why I think he should start every home game. Obviously buendia has a ridiculous 2.9 key passes per game so is on another planet to the rest of our players.

I don't know if you listen to the new Michael Bailey 'On the Ball' podcast on but he had Dean Ashton on this week who was pretty upfront that he believed Vrancic and Trybull just aren't physical enough for the league right now. 

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't know if you listen to the new Michael Bailey 'On the Ball' podcast on but he had Dean Ashton on this week who was pretty upfront that he believed Vrancic and Trybull just aren't physical enough for the league right now. 

Thats probably a fair point in reality. Trybull does get stuck in more than Vrancic, but Vrancic can be a little lightweight. But getting stuck in isnt really his game.

I don’t get the physicality as Mario is a much bigger bloke than Todd but this season Todd seems to have adopted a more aggressive/tenacious streak. Surely it’s just down to this rather than pure physicality? 

Edited by Clint

20 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I am a really big fan of Vrancic but whether through fitness or the opposition upping their game he has just gone missing in the second half of games. This is a big worry for many players of course as our second half performances of late have been dire. I also question  the manager for these second half capitulations and our inability to adapt. Teams work us out managers give team talks on what they've seen and adapt their style. To nullify us and we are well and truly nulled! 

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Zimmerman Lewis

Tetty  Rupp

Buendia.      Mclean    Cantwell

Pukki

Duda on for last 30 

Can't see Farke making many changes, to the bench perhaps, but not much else. I'm surprised to see Zimmerman being picked by many over Hanley (if Godfrey is healthy), because I feel Hanley has outperformed Zimmerman as of late, and it hasn't been close. My gut says Godfrey is just a bit too soon though.  Also, hasn't it been mentioned that Duda was for the most part frozen out of his team. If this is the case I doubt he's fit to start.

Could see the same lineup as has been recently, with subs of Onel --> Cantwell, Duda --> Mclean and then Lewis/Amadou/Idah on for one of their corresponding counterparts. 

Prediction: NCFC 3 - AFCB 0

Krul

Aarons     Zimmerman     Hanley     Byram

Tettey           Vrancic            

Buendia            Mclean          Cantwell

Pukki

With Farke normally taking half a season to blood in his new recruits, we shouldn't expect to see Duda or Rupp very soon lol

I think it's long overdue we see Amadaou in the middle and stake his claim as the purported £12m cdm we got him for.

Would like to see Duda thrown straight in at No.10 with Cantwell and Beundia flanking him and supporting Pukki.

Trouble is Farke rarely changes his starting 11, so expect Tettey will be in the middle with Vrancic, and probably McClean starting at No.10

We do seem to be the only team to get players and never throw them straight in!

2 hours ago, king canary said:

No! Will give it a listen though, thanks.

I'm not sure I buy that. When we are against big teams away from home I understand but at home playing our way I cant see how we cant play him. He also wins his fair share in the air and his interception % was better than youd think for his style of player last season.

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No! Will give it a listen though, thanks.

I'm not sure I buy that. When we are against big teams away from home I understand but at home playing our way I cant see how we cant play him. He also wins his fair share in the air and his interception % was better than youd think for his style of player last season.

With Trybull he was specifically talking about how he looks gassed after 60 minutes most games. Vrancic I think is more about his mobility and how easy he can be to go past. 

He made an interesting point that for him, the technical quality of players doesn't go up that much in the Premier League, but the athleticism of those you play against does.

McClean has been very poor of late, admittedly it’s from tv highlights or live games, but I’d be happy to see him on the bench, start with Duda, Cantwell & Buendia Behring Pukki, with Amadou and Vrancic behind them.

Thats if a Pukki is fit and Godfrey back in if fit along with Lewis.

Krull,

Aarons, Zimbo, Godfrey, lewis

Amadou, Vrancic

Buendia, Duda, Cantwell

Pukki,

If all fit that’s my team, no point waiting to play Duda we don’t have the games, get him in and playing first game.

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

With Trybull he was specifically talking about how he looks gassed after 60 minutes most games. Vrancic I think is more about his mobility and how easy he can be to go past. 

He made an interesting point that for him, the technical quality of players doesn't go up that much in the Premier League, but the athleticism of those you play against does.

Yeah. Both have struggled in the latter parts of games to be honest. We have as a team, both when we've made subs and not so whether that backs up that specific point or if the difference is mitigated by the lack of quality on the bench i dont know.

My team is fitness dependent and based upon some very poor performances last  week by Kenny and mario, probably poorer than the one that cost amadou his midfield slot v soton.   

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Zimmermann Byram

Tettey Amadou

Emi Duda Cantwell

Pukki

Krul while near the bottom of the keeper table has not been playing badly, likewise tettey. Add in amadou as the further physical option to bolster a woefully powder puff middle.   Rupp on the bench as a longer term purchase and less time to adapt but we may see more towards the end of the season.  A solid core allowing the fullbacks to push on.

However we need a return from Duda and 60 mins v Bournemouth is as good an intro as anything.  

• Like 1

I would personally start with Duda, we seem to always start stronger and create more in the first 45 mins, if hes not 100% match fit i think his creativity would be more beneficial in the first half, to try and get more than a 1 goal lead going into half time.

If I were thinking as much about the opposition for once, bearing in mind their form is they have lost more than us in the last few games, then I would risk and pick a very attacking team. And ditch zonal marking. It is imperative we don't concede.

Krul

Aarons Zimbo Hanley/Godfrey Lewis

Rupp Vrancic

Buendia Duda Cantwell

Pukki

I doubt it will happen as DF likes to ease players in but we don't have much time left if we are serious about trying to stay up. So fitness permitting, the new guys have to make a start.

17 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I am a really big fan of Vrancic but whether through fitness or the opposition upping their game he has just gone missing in the second half of games. This is a big worry for many players of course as our second half performances of late have been dire. I also question  the manager for these second half capitulations and our inability to adapt. Teams work us out managers give team talks on what they've seen and adapt their style. To nullify us and we are well and truly nulled! 

I don't think thats exclusive to Vrancic though. Mclean is another pertinent example of a player who seems to be non-existent in the second half of games.

Anyone considering dropping Cantwell in nuts!

Goals, procession and work rate significantly higher than any other member of the team bar Pukki. Because he is everywhere, he is really difficult to pick up by opposing markers.

He would be my first name on the team sheet with Pukki and Krul - he's that important.

The only thing I would say is that he seems to be always complaining about his knee in the warm up before the last few games I've seen.....maybe carrying a knock?

• Like 2

I'd be tempted to start with Rupp alongside Tettey & Duda replacing Kenny, assuming they're fit.

There's no problem with creativity in the team, so I don't think sacrificing Vrancic is too much of a problem & there's much more to be gained with the extra strength in midfield which Rupp should hopefully bring.

I'd start with Jamal over Sam; he's got more ability to run at defences, perhaps bring Sam on to shore things up later.

Unless Ben is completely fit I wouldn't risk him yet.

Really hoping Duda can add the goals we're missing. I'd start with Todd & bring Onel on halfway through 2nd half; don't know what's happened to Onel, he looked a beast when he first came back after injury but rapidly lost his effectiveness. Also bring Amadou to replace Rupp /Tettey (whoever looks most knackered).

Edited by ron obvious