Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Team for Bournemouth

Okay then - win this and we can still dream that we can stay up. Lose and it really does look all over.

Assuming there's no injuries we don't know about. 

Krul

Aarons, Godfrey, Zimmermann, Byram

Tettey, Vrancic

Cantwell, McLean, Buendia

Pukki

Duda in for Kenny if Farke thinks the former is up to a full 90 mins football - or even the first 60 say - but guess it's more likely that Duda will be on the bench. A place on the bench too for Idah obviously. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Shake it up a bit

Fahrmann

Aarons, Godfrey, Zimmerman, Lewis

Amadou, Tettey

Buendia, Duda, Hernandez

Pukki

No Rupp then?

I would want to see Amadou and Tettey in the midfield just to ensure that we nullify Bournemouth threat and get the ball back.

I would like to see

Krul

Max, Zimbo, Hanley(Godfrey if fit), Lewis

Amadou Tettey

Emi, Duda/Vrancic, Todd

Teemu Pukki Baby

To be honest Farke barely ever switches up the team except for Spurs, so I'm expecting probably one change, maybe Vrancic out, and he almost definitely won't switch keepers.

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Okay then - win this and we can still dream that we can stay up. Lose and it really does look all over.

Assuming there's no injuries we don't know about. 

Krul

Aarons, Godfrey, Zimmermann, Byram

Tettey, Vrancic

Cantwell, McLean, Buendia

Pukki

Duda in for Kenny if Farke thinks the former is up to a full 90 mins football - or even the first 60 say - but guess it's more likely that Duda will be on the bench. A place on the bench too for Idah obviously. 

Would think same pretty much. Was thinking of maybe dropping Vrancic first, but even though Vrancic had off game against ManU and didn't manage to have any impact there, he could have bit more time in next game so that might be good.

Would play Hanley (if available) instead of Godfrey. I think Hanley has lately been more reliable on his man marking. If we play Godfrey, then we likely would need to drop Vrancic to provide more help for our central defensive pairing.

Would be surprised for Duda to start as it has not usually been Farke's way, but would expect him to be subbed in later (and would like to see what he has to offer immediately).

4 minutes ago, hepphep said:

Would think same pretty much. Was thinking of maybe dropping Vrancic first, but even though Vrancic had off game against ManU and didn't manage to have any impact there, he could have bit more time in next game so that might be good.

Would play Hanley (if available) instead of Godfrey. I think Hanley has lately been more reliable on his man marking. If we play Godfrey, then we likely would need to drop Vrancic to provide more help for our central defensive pairing.

Would be surprised for Duda to start as it has not usually been Farke's way, but would expect him to be subbed in later (and would like to see what he has to offer immediately).

Im working on the assumption that Rupp / Duda have been brought as match fit and available, albeit they would need to learn how we play etc.

12 minutes ago, AlexB said:

No Rupp then?

Nope, I'm not even sure what position he's been bought for so wouldn't know where to put him!

17 minutes ago, king canary said:

Shake it up a bit

Fahrmann

Aarons, Godfrey, Zimmerman, Lewis

Amadou, Tettey

Buendia, Duda, Hernandez

Pukki

Out of interest, what's the thought process behind dropping Krul?

He's been a stand out performer all season, had a bad day at the office last week (as did most), but dropping a GK in those circumstances can annihilate confidence.

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Im working on the assumption that Rupp / Duda have been brought as match fit and available, albeit they would need to learn how we play etc.

Yes, that is quite what I'd be thinking as well. They might lack some match fitness, but they only gain it by playing. Was more thinking about the fact that my impression is that Farke has usually taken some time before playing new guys to get them adjusted to style of playing. It might be different in this case, if he is desperately looking to change this in very short term as well.

Just now, Flying Dutchman said:

Out of interest, what's the thought process behind dropping Krul?

He's been a stand out performer all season, had a bad day at the office last week (as did most), but dropping a GK in those circumstances can annihilate confidence.

There is a whole debate in another thread about it but briefly...

Stats suggest Krul actually hasn't been as good as we think he has. He's been an almost ever present in a defence that ships goals for fun and we've got a highly experienced keeper with a very good reputation on the bench and I don't think we've got anything to lose by giving him a few games to see if it changes anything.

Not saying Krul is bad, just worth a shot in my opinion.

Krul

Aarons Zimbo Godfrey (if fit) Lewis

Trybull Tettey

Buendia Duda Hernandez

Pukki

Changed team because:

Lewis - we've lacked natural width in the last few games and Byram is has been busy, if not wasteful.

Trybull - he's combined well with Tettey at times and like his ability to recycle possession.  More mobile than Vrancic.

Duda - McClean has shown his limitations technically in the 10 slot, whilst being a strong leader.  Let's give Duda 60 mins to create more through the middle for Pukki.

Hernandez - pace could expose Bournemouth's aging defence.  Bournemouth will likely play Smith or Francis at RB, who will struggle with the directness of Hernandez.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

There is a whole debate in another thread about it but briefly...

Stats suggest Krul actually hasn't been as good as we think he has. He's been an almost ever present in a defence that ships goals for fun and we've got a highly experienced keeper with a very good reputation on the bench and I don't think we've got anything to lose by giving him a few games to see if it changes anything.

Not saying Krul is bad, just worth a shot in my opinion.

I am a sucker for some good stats, but in this instance I have to say that surprises me. Which other thread is this? I am intrigued and wouldn't mind a look (lack of time means I have to be picky with the threads i read sometimes!)

I've been to all but 4 games this season and I still believe he has been a stand out performer in a rather leaky team. I admittedly was one of his harshest critics prior to this season, but even for me he has played consistently very well considering the circumstances.

Just now, Flying Dutchman said:

I am a sucker for some good stats, but in this instance I have to say that surprises me. Which other thread is this? I am intrigued and wouldn't mind a look (lack of time means I have to be picky with the threads i read sometimes!)

I've been to all but 4 games this season and I still believe he has been a stand out performer in a rather leaky team. I admittedly was one of his harshest critics prior to this season, but even for me he has played consistently very well considering the circumstances.

On the incoming thread- from about page 8/9 onwards.

Is Godfrey meant to be back? I was under the impression he was ruled out until Feb? Great news if he is back!

Krul

Aarons, Godfrey, Zimmermann, Lewis

Tettey, Vrancic

Cantwell, Duda, Buendia

Pukki

If Duda is only here for six months, we might as well throw him in as soon as possible!

3 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Is Godfrey meant to be back? I was under the impression he was ruled out until Feb? Great news if he is back!

Well he's been back in training all week so hopefully he'll be ready for the Bournemouth game. 

• Like 1

I still don’t quite understand why Amadou isn’t picked by many, the guy had barely been given a chance but seems to have largely been written off.  If we are to survive he could easily have a role to play - and not just by warming the bench.

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Zimmermann, Byram

Tettey, Vrancic

Cantwell, Duda, Buendia

Pukki

Im also of the view if Duda is hopefully ready throw him in. 

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I still don’t quite understand why Amadou isn’t picked by many, the guy had barely been given a chance but seems to have largely been written off.  If we are to survive he could easily have a role to play - and not just by warming the bench.

I agree, strange one. Had one poor half against Soton (as did most that evening) and hasn't had a look in since. I remember him having a very decent game against Arsenal.

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

In my opinion, Tettey has been superb in that holding role recently (although I can't talk about how he did against Manchester United, as I didn't see the full game).

Where I would love to see more of Amadou, is coming off the bench to help us see out games.I think we could have won plenty more points in December if he had come on to help protect the back line.

Edited by HertsCanary93

Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Byram; Amadou, Vrancic; Buendia, McLean, Cantwell; Pukki.

If Godfrey is fit then he comes in, and I'd like to see Amadou get given a chance in his natural position- otherwise, what's the point in having him here? Tettey has done OK, but unfortunately not well enough to nullify the opposition on a regular basis, so let's see what Amadou can do.

I would've put Duda in but he's only played 49 minutes of first team football since the end of October, and none in the last six weeks, so I doubt he's ready to start. He's probably got 30-45 minutes in his legs though.

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

On the incoming thread- from about page 8/9 onwards.

I see, thank you. Looking at those stat sites, it seems it's different based on what site you view. They also seem to be being pushed by a few select people, which is fine.

We are a team at the bottom of the league for a few reasons, not just GK selection I feel. There are a number of things that seem to be evidently contributing to our plight over this - 1 fit CB 1st half of the season, defensive set piece set-up, whether zonal-marking should be employed, inexperience and/or naivety.

Only the coaching staff know what Ralf offers as an alternative I suppose, and I';m not saying he has nothing to offer (I wouldn't mind seeing him play personally).

Krul has been solid enough to win over an admitted doubter in me, I'm happy with that. Dropping a solid performer would be devastating to his confidence.

35 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Zimmermann, Byram

Tettey, Vrancic

Cantwell, Duda, Buendia

Pukki

Im also of the view if Duda is hopefully ready throw him in. 

I'd go for this, unless Godfrey is 100%, in which case I'd bring him in for Hanley. Also I think Buendía and Cantwell are on the wrong sides 🙂

Stronger-looking bench than recently, with six outfielders to choose from: Lewis, Hanley, Amadou, Trybull, Leitner, Rupp, Stiepermann, McLean, Hernandez and Idah (presuming Drmic is still injured).

Try Duda in for McLean and I think this is a Onel game so have to have TC on bench. Change it up at 60 mins if not working. 

Without picking a team, I’m intrigued as to how many people continue to pick Kenny. 1 goal and 1assist so far this season and can be fairly anonymous in games (last week being case in point). He’s had some very decent chances as well and not finished them (Arsenal and Palace spring to mind). Not good enough for that role at this level.

Also a bit left field but I’d be inclined to play Leitner (not at no 10). He proved against Newcastle that he can dictate games against the lower teams in the league and our ball retention last week was dreadful. I think Bournemouth will play us at our own game so if he was ever going to play for us again, Saturday would probably be it.

5 minutes ago, Clint said:

Without picking a team, I’m intrigued as to how many people continue to pick Kenny. 1 goal and 1assist so far this season and can be fairly anonymous in games (last week being case in point). He’s had some very decent chances as well and not finished them (Arsenal and Palace spring to mind). Not good enough for that role at this level.

Also a bit left field but I’d be inclined to play Leitner (not at no 10). He proved against Newcastle that he can dictate games against the lower teams in the league and our ball retention last week was dreadful. I think Bournemouth will play us at our own game so if he was ever going to play for us again, Saturday would probably be it.

Kenny has had some good games for us this season. I thought he was absolutely superb against Arsenal (despite his missed chance) and has looked far more effective than Steipermann in my opinion. He has essentially picked himself due to a lack of competition from Steipermann. 

However, I suspect that with Duda coming in - both McLean and Steipermann will find their game time reduced in the coming months.

Leitner vs Vrancic was a tough one last season - but Leitner had such a poor run of games for us this season before he was dropped, I would still definitely be inclined to go for Vrancic. 

.........Krul......

Aarons..Zimm..Godfrey..Lewis

........Amadou...Vrancic....

Buendia.....Duda....Hernandez

.............Pukki..........

biggest talking point here....can we actually play Amadou in the position we signed him to play in?...granted he was needed elsewhere early on but we now have a chance to play him in midfield and aren't doing it??

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

can we actually play Amadou in the position we signed him to play in?...granted he was needed elsewhere early on but we now have a chance to play him in midfield and aren't doing it??

I agree but farke doesnt seem to change his mind about people much. 

Comments on Norwich fan accounts on instagram and things like that suggest that amadou and tettey can't play with each other, not sure why but they could possibly not like each other