Sign in to follow this  
Number9

Ralfie

Fahrman on Instagram posted a strange video this evening. 

Basically if him driving away from Colney, it was dark so I'm assuming it was filmed this evening too?

This is very different from his normal content. 

Anyone heard any rumours?

6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Fahrman on Instagram posted a strange video this evening. 

Basically if him driving away from Colney, it was dark so I'm assuming it was filmed this evening too?

This is very different from his normal content. 

Anyone heard any rumours?

What you’re really asking is: ‘What’s it all about, Ralfie?’

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

His normal videos are all of a certain style, this is completely out of his usual, like he's saying goodbye 

For those of us that speak a little German, song playing basically refers to finishing work for the day.

Suppose that could still suggest he's finished up his work with us completely, but just as easily is a random days-end post.

30 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

For those of us that speak a little German, song playing basically refers to finishing work for the day.

Suppose that could still suggest he's finished up his work with us completely, but just as easily is a random days-end post.

Yes, I noticed that, it can be as simple as finishing work, but not necessarily just for the day - perhaps tellingly it can also be used as a goodbye after or from work. My gut feeling tells me it’s the latter, the goodbye part of it is the key word - it’s a cryptic way of saying he’s on his way I think. I guess all will be revealed very soon...

I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if he left during January. It sounds like Fahrmann has an opportunity to get back into the first team picture at Schalke next season with their keeper off to Bayern. Can see him wanting first team football for six months to show Wagner what he can do. 

I think a couple of people have said Farke rates Archie Mair, maybe now our back four seems more settled, if not any less porous, he might think Krul, McGovern and Mair is preferable - and frees up cash. Fahrman’s loan can’t be cheap.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be shocked. Frankly, we aren’t going to stay up playing safe, so if risking a  young lad/McGovern as back up means we can loan in an outfield player who might just make a difference then all for it. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

God I miss the days when we didn't have to do in depth analysis of players social media posts.

Hardly in depth Mr 'King, aren't many reasons why players are at training ground in the evenings and the video clip was on a rather public site.

I'll grant that he hasn't been spotted at Morrisons or Argos though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

God I miss the days when we didn't have to do in depth analysis of players social media posts.

I wouldn't suggest even trying in-depth analysis frankly.

However, it's better than 'my friend knows the dogwalker for the wife of the guy who knows them', or yes, the classic 'what supermarket have they been spotted in this time?'

Social media at least offers information from the horses mouth, so to speak. 

If anything, the information now is a touch more reliable (only a touch, it's still nonsense mostly)

Edited by Flying Dutchman

45 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Hardly in depth Mr 'King, aren't many reasons why players are at training ground in the evenings and the video clip was on a rather public site.

I'll grant that he hasn't been spotted at Morrisons or Argos though. 

Apologies, it wasn't meant as a criticism of your post, more of the ubiquitous nature of social media in football now.

1 hour ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I wouldn't suggest even trying in-depth analysis frankly.

However, it's better than 'my friend knows the dogwalker for the wife of the guy who knows them', or yes, the classic 'what supermarket have they been spotted in this time?'

Social media at least offers information from the horses mouth, so to speak. 

If anything, the information now is a touch more reliable (only a touch, it's still nonsense mostly)

You missed ‘I went past Carrow Road this morning and Lambert’s car was parked at an angle of 63 degrees’. (Aka the ‘jaunty angle’).

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You missed ‘I went past Carrow Road this morning and Lambert’s car was parked at an angle of 63 degrees’. (Aka the ‘jaunty angle’).

I saw Carl Cort in Asda this morning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Times have moved on. This is 2020 not the 90s anymore.

You're going to have to get used to this. The PFA has started a best-director award for Instagrams. Fahrmann is plainly going for a moodily crepuscular style based on the German Expressionist films of the 1920s, but apparently faces stiff competition from Mrs Vardy with a more Benny Hill-inspired poster-colour view of footballers' wives and their knockabout lives, complete with annoyingly 'fun' music. A dark-horse entry to keep an eye on is from the entire Ipswich Town squad, of a ravaged post-apocalyptic landscape, devoid of people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Times have moved on. This is 2020 not the 90s anymore.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed. I mean, I was only 11 when we left the 90's but I've refused to move on.

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You're going to have to get used to this. The PFA has started a best-director award for Instagrams. Fahrmann is plainly going for a moodily crepuscular style based on the German Expressionist films of the 1920s, but apparently faces stiff competition from Mrs Vardy with a more Benny Hill-inspired poster-colour view of footballers' wives and their knockabout lives, complete with annoyingly 'fun' music. A dark-horse entry to keep an eye on is from the entire Ipswich Town squad, of a ravaged post-apocalyptic landscape, devoid of people.

George A Romero to Ipswich?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Apologies, it wasn't meant as a criticism of your post, more of the ubiquitous nature of social media in football now.

None taken

39 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Anyone got a link to this video? 

He's on Instagram @ralle.1 

Its one of those short clips across the top of the screen rather than a photo.

Edited by Number9

Re social media - I personally enjoy it far more regarding football news, it’s a hell of a lot more interesting than the old days for sure, and I think most people would agree. The Amadou signing in particular being a great case in point if people remember the story around that.

Social media provides for more possibilities for news of players. It's a force for good but a double edged sword. Footballers don't often have much to really say do they? Unless it's Eric Cantona.

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Fahrman going = domestic based replacement incoming = Biglia signing with freed up foreign spot.

😉

Haha, joking apart, think Biglia’s off to Celta Vigo or something, CC. Biglia has also been universally slammed by Milan fans, and they are literally praying for his departure - sounds exactly what we don’t need!

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I hadn't noticed. I mean, I was only 11 when we left the 90's but I've refused to move on.

Seems that way pal

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I saw Carl Cort in Asda this morning.

Bit of Pink Un history right there.