Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Luke Woolfenden

So apparently Sheffield United are sniffing around for Ipswich Town's Woolfenden - with talk of a £3 million fee. 

He's a 21 year old central defender - 6ft 4 and their fans rate him highly.

Seems the sort of player we might be interested in - more in a next season in the Championship kind of way - and would fulfil the home grown criterion as well which we need to keep an eye on. 

7 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Too expensive 😉😅

Perhaps we could offer to pay them the £3 million at the rate of 5p in the pound? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ipswich fans reckon they shouldnt sell for less than 20m....but they are deluded.

For a player who is in league 1 and win 1 league game since November? However much are our boys worth winning the championship and having PL experience....?

So much for them rebuilding in League One with their young players

There was talk on TWTD recently that bids had come in for Woolfenden and Downes and the dressing room wasn't exactly united as a result. 

Sounds like Lamberts on good form

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/lambert-scoffs-at-woolfenden-to-sheffield-united-transfer-fee-report-1-6466361

Lambert was asked about national reports of Premier League club Sheffield United being set to make a £3m bid for his in-form young defender.

"You can put another three in front of that and then I might think," he replied. "Three million?! Three million doesn't even buy you a flake! There's absolutely no chance whatsoever that would ever happen.

"The big lad is playing fantastically well, everybody knows it. Three million? No way. Put it this way, I won't let the same mistakes happen like happened with (Adam) Webster and the boy (Matt) Clarke, that's for sure.

"There's been no interest in any of our players as far as I know, but you can't stop people putting bids in for guys."

Asked if there might be any further additions to the loan signing of Preston defender Josh Earl, Lambert said: "We just don't have the money, the money is not there. Marcus (Evans) has made it pretty clear to everybody that we can only do little bits here and there. That's where the club is at the minute. We have to go with the guys who have been great for me.

"Josh could be the only one. If there's something there that Marcus thought was right then I'm sure he would try and help, but we have to remember where the club is at. You know the debts and what's gone on. He can't just magic money out the air, the club has got to keep continuing to survive. That's the way it is."

15 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

So apparently Sheffield United are sniffing around for Ipswich Town's Woolfenden - with talk of a £3 million fee. 

He's a 21 year old central defender - 6ft 4 and their fans rate him highly.

Seems the sort of player we might be interested in - more in a next season in the Championship kind of way - and would fulfil the home grown criterion as well which we need to keep an eye on. 

We have no money seemingly so will this be a fan funded exercise?

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

We have no money seemingly so will this be a fan funded exercise?

You need to think more creatively Kenny. This will pay for itself. There's still tons of 'Wolf' branded merchandise in warehouse store rooms and piled up in the back of the club shop from a few years back. Bring Woolfenden in and we'll be able to flog it. (P.S. What's an extra 'o' between friends). 

"Josh could be the only one. If there's something there that Marcus thought was right then I'm sure he would try and help, but we have to remember where the club is at. You know the debts and what's gone on. He can't just magic money out the air, the club has got to keep continuing to survive. That's the way it is."

Someone should tell Lambert Marcus Evans could Magic the money out of the Air as it is his debt and he is a very Wealthy Person , i think  Marcus is telling porkies paul  !!