Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

why we lost today.

watford are a decent side, but not outstanding, they were physically stronger today, they never let us settle at all, and harried us all the way.  wish we could play away from home like that. atmosphere was like a morgue in the first half.  bothroyd targetted charlie second half, put 2 6 footers on him, clear tactic that worked - what was worthy''s response to this obvious tactic? Jack.city battled, but disappointingly for me, given their chance in midfield, dicko and jj matched watford, but didn''t dominate - like robbo and safs. hucks came up against a very good right back and got little joy in the first half - did much better second half.hucks, maybe becuase of glandular fever, didn''t provide much cover for charlie, and jj didn''t help out like holt would''ve a few seasons back. hendo ran and gave good endeavour, but lame end product, league 1 player for me. can''t score for the reserves so why should he score for the first team?hughes gave his all, and supplied some good crosses, but he''s not a right winger and its doubtful he has final third ability to create golacsoring chances, like hucks can.  colin showed inexperince today for me, not consistent enough yet. flem looked ropey as well. in short, not good enough.we''ve not won in four matches now - lost three of them.our play-off ambitions lay on the rocks.deano''s off by the sounds of it - why would he want to stay.listening to worthy''s lame responses on radio norfolk was uninspiring as usual.very depressing.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]watford are a decent side, but not outstanding, they were physically stronger today, they never let us settle at all, and harried us all the way.  wish we could play away from home like that. atmosphere was like a morgue in the first half.  bothroyd targetted charlie second half, put 2 6 footers on him, clear tactic that worked - what was worthy''s response to this obvious tactic?[/quote]And what were his options? Move Flem or Doc to left back? Its all very well pointing out what went wrong after the event, anyone can do that, but what would you have done? Hmmm?

I''m fed up of Worthy''s post match comments about positives. He said today - it''s not all doom and gloom - there are positives to take from the match! Maybe so but i''m sick of hearing it! Results are what matters and we''re clearly underperforming!! Come on worthy sort it out or resign before this club takes any more steps backwards!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]watford are a decent side, but not outstanding, they were physically stronger today, they never let us settle at all, and harried us all the way.  wish we could play away from home like that. atmosphere was like a morgue in the first half.  bothroyd targetted charlie second half, put 2 6 footers on him, clear tactic that worked - what was worthy''s response to this obvious tactic?[/quote]And what were his options? Move Flem or Doc to left back? Its all very well pointing out what went wrong after the event, anyone can do that, but what would you have done? Hmmm?[/quote]from the second half, I was calling to brennan to replace him.  It was obvious what watford was upto, just as blackburn targetted charlie at ewood park last year using the same tactic, a long ball over the top  - worthy did nothing about it then or today and we paid the price. 

Find myself agreeing with your synopsis Trainers and would add that, unlike Worthy,  Boothroyd has a plan B and a plan C. One of the telling moments at the game today was hearing Boothroyd scream at his team ''Do your jobs.''

It was loud, clear and easily understood, no wonder Watford put him on a long contract.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]watford are a decent side, but not outstanding, they were physically stronger today, they never let us settle at all, and harried us all the way.  wish we could play away from home like that. atmosphere was like a morgue in the first half.  bothroyd targetted charlie second half, put 2 6 footers on him, clear tactic that worked - what was worthy''s response to this obvious tactic?
[/quote]

And what were his options? Move Flem or Doc to left back? Its all very well pointing out what went wrong after the event, anyone can do that, but what would you have done? Hmmm?
[/quote]

3-4-3..

3 centerbacks.. no full backs.. no problem on the left full back.. Problem solved!

but with Worthers original its always trusty 4-4-2 isnt it???? no plan B or C as has been said above....

If you dont have the players for the positions then u change position.. u dont put square pegs in round Holes Herb.....

if u want to be REALLY adventurous 3-1-4-2 1 man to sit behind the middle 4 and mop up.. in the defensive role, helping out the 3 centerbacks when needed...

We could of done that today!

Green

Doc, Flem, Rossi Jarvis

Spillane

Hughes Etuhu Jarret Hucks

Thorne McVeigh

i can see that and im not a football manager! as the saying goes if u dont buy a ticket u cant hit the jackpot.... and worthy wont buy the ticket!

jas :)

It was not just the second half they targetted charlie;

To me the crucial thing is we were second to the loose ball every time - poor positioning and support play throughout the side.  The third goal is a defensive embarrassment - how did he get the time to turn???  

I got a horrible shock today. I went to see my local club, Northampton Town (The Cobblers) play this afternoon. They played well and won 5-0 against Macclesfield. My mate had been texting me the Norwich scores as he was watching the text commentary on the internet. I was just leaving the ground when I got a text from him saying Norwich had scored on 90 minutes to win 3-2!! I bounced out of the ground feeling great! 5-0 win for the cobblers and a win for Norwich against Watford!! Imagine my shock when I checked ceefax at home to discover the horrible truth!!! Apparently the text commentary initially got it the wrong way round!! If only!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]from the second half, I was calling to brennan to replace him.  It was obvious what watford was upto, just as blackburn targetted charlie at ewood park last year using the same tactic, a long ball over the top  - worthy did nothing about it then or today and we paid the price.  [/quote]Well thats funny, because every time Brennan has played so far this season hes been slaughtered on these boards.Suddenly hes the Messiah!

Take your pick, option one bring on Brennan, option two bring on Shackell. option three ( the one usually preferred by Worthy) do sod all and leave your substitutes on the bench.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]from the second half, I was calling to brennan to replace him.  It was obvious what watford was upto, just as blackburn targetted charlie at ewood park last year using the same tactic, a long ball over the top  - worthy did nothing about it then or today and we paid the price.  [/quote]Well thats funny, because every time Brennan has played so far this season hes been slaughtered on these boards.Suddenly hes the Messiah![/quote]yeah, that''s cos worthy plays him as left sided midfielder, which he isn''t and explains his average performances.  with charlie struggling, surely giving brennan a chance at his preferred posi would have been a good option.

Alex Harvey-Jones said

I got a horrible shock today. I went to see my local club, Northampton Town (The Cobblers) play this afternoon. They played well and won 5-0 against Macclesfield. My mate had been texting me the Norwich scores as he was watching the text commentary on the internet. I was just leaving the ground when I got a text from him saying Norwich had scored on 90 minutes to win 3-2!! I bounced out of the ground feeling great! 5-0 win for the cobblers and a win for Norwich against Watford!! Imagine my shock when I checked ceefax at home to discover the horrible truth!!! Apparently the text commentary initially got it the wrong way round!! If only!!!

Yep. And I had three quit on a 3-2 Norwich win at 25/1 because I could see 3-2 all week. I should have looked at the bottom of the tea cup the other way round.