CANARYKING

Getting ready for the Championship and player sales

25 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Anybody else think this has already started 

Of course. It started last summer. 

Edited by Chumino
+

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oi've got a good  idea, let's never sell any players, ever. 

Can't we even sell Toddwell?

Or Krul....

Of course it has already started, they would be nuts not to consider it. 

But that's completely different to throwing in the towel, and for me the team, manager, and fans who don't have an axe to grind, haven't given up yet. 

If we don't beat Bournemouth, then that obviously changes. But the fat lady has not got on stage yet. 

Edited by Nono
  • Like 1

I would hope so, that’s the least I’d expect of decent club management.

As for player sales it’s pretty much a given that there will be changes through players not wanting to stay or club wanting them out, players not being good enough to push us onto the next stage or players who just get an offer which can’t be turned down.

I would like to see a few more young players in this window or already targeted for a summer move to replace the likes of Tettey, Amadou, Duda, Hanley, Steipermann, Lietner, Trybull. No doubt we could lose two or three youngsters too, but it’s imperative to build on our foundations, I hope we don’t sign too many like Rupp.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I would hope so, that’s the least I’d expect of decent club management.

As for player sales it’s pretty much a given that there will be changes through players not wanting to stay or club wanting them out, players not being good enough to push us onto the next stage or players who just get an offer which can’t be turned down.

I would like to see a few more young players in this window or already targeted for a summer move to replace the likes of Tettey, Amadou, Duda, Hanley, Steipermann, Lietner, Trybull. No doubt we could lose two or three youngsters too, but it’s imperative to build on our foundations, I hope we don’t sign too many like Rupp.

Don't see any reason why we'd need to lose Trybull, he's a handy squad player and in the second tier can play a couple of roles.

Contingency planning for relegation? No ambition. Smacks of that “Top 26” nonsense. We should be planning for next season in the Premier League and failure to do so will see us relegated next year if we’re not relegated this year. I’ll say it again, no ambition. 

I think plans will have been in place for a good year now in terms of the players who Daniel Farke and Stuart Webber think will move on, which need changing. If we go down I expect two or three sales but we will keep the nucleus of the team plus we have youngsters loaned out ready to be introduced to the first team. Presumably the likes of Rupp will give the team a mature / old head. I trust DF and SW.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I think plans will have been in place for a good year now in terms of the players who Daniel Farke and Stuart Webber think will move on, which need changing. If we go down I expect two or three sales but we will keep the nucleus of the team plus we have youngsters loaned out ready to be introduced to the first team. Presumably the likes of Rupp will give the team a mature / old head. I trust DF and SW.

Who is the nucleus of the team? Who do think will be the 2 or 3 sales? 

Next season starting 11.

Krull,

Byram, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Lewis

Vrancic, Thompson, McClean

Buendia, Rupp, Hernandez

Idah

The sales of Aarons, Cantwell, Steipermann, Pukki, Lietner, Hanley not sure but I believe Tettey & Klose will be allowed to find other clubs if still in contract.

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Chumino said:

Who is the nucleus of the team? Who do think will be the 2 or 3 sales? 

I don't know of course. I just imaginevit will come to a combination of player demands / requests and club expediency. I am worried we will lose Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell. I like Todd but feel we can replace. 

Plus Emi may wish to leave. As for the likes of Stiepermann, Leitner I am unsure. I reckon Krul, Byram, Lewis, Zimmermann, Hanley, Trybull, Teemu, Trybull and even Hernandez will still be here and hopefully Godfrey. Of course Rupp will be around. I suppose Teemu might hope for one last pay day in the PL. 

I am also worried that the clubs coming up to the Premier might come sniffing around the relegation carcass.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Next season starting 11.

Krull,

Buendia, Rupp, Hernandez

Idah

The sales of Aarons, Cantwell, Steipermann, Pukki, Lietner, Hanley not sure but I believe Tettey & Klose will be allowed to find other clubs if still in contract.

I think our thoughts are quite aligned Indy. And I had forgotten about Mario and Kenny. I expect them to be about too.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I am also worried that the clubs coming up to the Premier might come sniffing around the relegation carcass.

Of course they would, but our players are on long term contracts so they would have to put their money up to engage in any discussions. 

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I think our thoughts are quite aligned Indy. And I had forgotten about Mario and Kenny. I expect them to be about too.

Yes just seen you’re response, pretty strong Championship starting point, given any sales will help to finance potential young replacements and not forgetting a few players on loan who might make that step up too.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yes just seen you’re response, pretty strong Championship starting point, given any sales will help to finance potential young replacements and not forgetting a few players on loan who might make that step up too.

It is. But I actually want to see some new faces and changes next year. A sale will provide some buffer as will the parachute payment. I hope we bl**dy invest it next year though given wages will fall too. 

22 minutes ago, Indy said:

Next season starting 11.

Krull,

Buendia, Rupp, Hernandez

Idah

Would be absolutely gobsmacked if we kept hold of Buendia if we went down, Indy - but I’d be delighted if we did keep him obviously!

But we’re not going down, are we 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Would be absolutely gobsmacked if we kept hold of Buendia if we went down, Indy - but I’d be delighted if we did keep him obviously!

But we’re not going down, are we 😉

Just have the feeling he’ll demand more than clubs will offer, so think that will be one surprise in the summer. Might lose lose him next January though......just hope more than expectation.

• Like 1

For clarity I don't want any of the following to happen but worse case can see... Arrons, Buendiu, Cantwell, Pukki and possibly Godfrey outbound along with Leitner, Hanley and Klose. Not sure if DF is going to be here either. That is a nucleus. 

If we lose the majority of players as mentioned above we can look forward to years of mid table mediocrity in The Championship.Think it’s disgusting how this BOD have learnt absolutely nothing from previous promotions and know that season tickets will sell out whatever league we are in

Edited by daly

18 minutes ago, Chumino said:

For clarity I don't want any of the following to happen but worse case can see... Arrons, Buendiu, Cantwell, Pukki and possibly Godfrey outbound along with Leitner, Hanley and Klose. Not sure if DF is going to be here either. That is a nucleus. 

We will struggle losing that many Chumino. 3 from your first named 5 might be survivable. Replacing Teemu will be very difficult. Scoring goals gets you out of the Championship. Always had been. If he went we would need someone like Gayle, Mitrovic...proven at that level.

Ps. I posted a thread earlier about whether players might ask to leave upon relegation. My son is convinced we will lose the lot!

Edited by sonyc

15 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Don’t forget Jordan Roades incoming otbc

Rather see Idah playing.

The Club will have to Spend a lot of money if they sell Cantwell , Aarons ,Lewis , Godfrey , Pukki

If they kept that Money the Tax bill would Be Massive  

20 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

The Club will have to Spend a lot of money if they sell Cantwell , Aarons ,Lewis , Godfrey , Pukki

If they kept that Money the Tax bill would Be Massive  

I'm not a tax expert but wouldn't it make sense to sell one of them this tax year whilst we have an operating debt? Don't think we will lose Lewis but you can add Buendia to the list. There are some serious assets there and I hope we use it well to buy our way out of the Championship.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not a tax expert but wouldn't it make sense to sell one of them this tax year whilst we have an operating debt? Don't think we will lose Lewis but you can add Buendia to the list. There are some serious assets there and I hope we use it well to buy our way out of the Championship.

I don’t think we will due to tv money, we’ll probably have a hefty profit. Post financial year end would be the best time to sell, or invest any profit.