Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Lucas Biglia

Rumoured to be interested in signing the guy we were linked to years ago!

Let's do the time warp again!

37 minutes ago, NWC said:

Rumoured to be interested in signing the guy we were linked to years ago!

Let's do the time warp again!

Given that we've just signed Rupp and Duda, and this guy is nearly 34, I think this can safely be filed as a non-starter... the only way I could see it happening is if Amadou's loan is terminated and Biglia came in until the end of the season. He's a hell of a player, mind - combines the playmaking skills of Vrancic with the combative edge of Tettey.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Given that we've just signed Rupp and Duda, and this guy is nearly 34, I think this can safely be filed as a non-starter... the only way I could see it happening is if Amadou's loan is terminated and Biglia came in until the end of the season. He's a hell of a player, mind - combines the playmaking skills of Vrancic with the combative edge of Tettey.

Could be just what is needed - an older experienced head to marshall and inspire the young players all around him.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Could be just what is needed - an older experienced head to marshall and inspire the young players all around him.

Tettey has been doing that pretty well, but he would be an upgrade on Tettey I think.

However, we're back to our full quota of foreign players again - Duda and Rupp replacing Srbeny and Heise - so he won't be coming in unless someone's going out.

It’s a nice idea, but we never sign players like this. Certainly has PL quality and would be a fantastic signing I’m sure, but several factors make it highly unlikely I feel. And anyway, from what I briefly glanced over, it’s just a really vague bit of journalism - in short, he’s being offered to clubs, no surprise there, and there’s nothing to say we have any interest in him whatsoever. Fabio Quagliarella all over again.

• Like 1

Would be an amazing signing to try and rescue this year, big upgrade on what we have.

Other than in Pukki our central spine of the team is where we have been lacking this year. 

We've already brought in Duda to try and solve the No10 issue, an upgrade in the midfield pair like this and we are almost there IMO. 

Just a shame Klose isn’t closer to a comeback.

If we can pull this off I see Leitner the logical sacrifice.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s a nice idea, but we never sign players like this. Certainly has PL quality and would be a fantastic signing I’m sure, but several factors make it highly unlikely I feel. And anyway, from what I briefly glanced over, it’s just a really vague bit of journalism - in short, he’s being offered to clubs, no surprise there, and there’s nothing to say we have any interest in him whatsoever. Fabio Quagliarella all over again.

Well it's not Fabio again though is it? It was confirmed that we went over and talked to him, just he didn't fancy leaving Italy...

5 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Well it's not Fabio again though is it? It was confirmed that we went over and talked to him, just he didn't fancy leaving Italy...

You’re absolutely right. It’s even worse than Quagliarella. We did at least talk to him!