29 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Might be physicality is what the coaching team are signing - but proof will be in pudding. We certainly need it having looked lightweight in the middle 

29 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Might be physicality is what the coaching team are signing - but proof will be in pudding. We certainly need it having looked lightweight in the middle 

He doesn’t look like a big or notably strong player though 

I’m pretty sure there will be at least one more incoming before the end of the month. 

None of us have any idea in the value of this signing until he’s played.

So just seen he’s had champions league and Europa league experience as well as 10 seasons of Bundesliga experience, 29 years old and he’s signed for 2.5 years. Initial fee of under 500k with add ons.

As others mentioned on different threads, Duda good signing, but most of us would have loved that to be permanent, but not to be. This one is a little strange unless Lietner, Steipermann are on their way, both not really good enough at premiership. 

It’s the age that I don’t understand, thought our model was for building on youth or buying better, not journeymen, to fill the squad......as said lots of experience so fingers crossed he’s better than we have!

Edited by Indy

Just now, Indy said:

As others mentioned on different threads, Duda good signing, but most of us would have loved that to be permanent, but not to be. This one is a little strange unless Lietner, Steipermann are on their way, both not really good enough at premiership. 

It’s the age that I don’t understand, thought our model was for building on youth or buying better, not journeymen, to fill the squad......

The ship has sailed on worrying if players are good enough for the PL. Luckily for Leitner and Stiepermann they are more than good enough for the championship. 

Just now, JF said:

The ship has sailed on worrying if players are good enough for the PL. Luckily for Leitner and Stiepermann they are more than good enough for the championship. 

Yes no doubt, still don’t think we’ll see much of Leitner in a City shirt nor much of Steipermann now we have Duda.

42 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Does make you wonder if we're expecting to lose some players ...

That's obvious Ron. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bit an odd one, apparently his agent was touting him to Middlesbrough.

I can only assume we're expecting somebody to depart, possibly Moritz Leitner?

The player was talking about how he didn't know if he fancied English weather so he's dodged a bullet giving MIddlesbrough a swerve 😀

40 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Football manager suggests a player worth around 5 million who is championship standard. How accurate that is - anyone’s guess!! He seems to be a central midfielder who can play wide right as well 

Michael Bailey seems to think we've signed him for an initial £500,000 so it must be sale time in the Bundesliga

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes no doubt, still don’t think we’ll see much of Leitner in a City shirt nor much of Steipermann now we have Duda.

As much as I do hope we upgrade Steipermann before our assault on the Championship next season.... Duda is only here for 5 months.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I do worry that annoying Stiepermann by not playing him and playing a loan player for the rest of the season could be a bit short sighted. We will no doubt need him next season. Ditto Kenny. 

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

As much as I do hope we upgrade Steipermann before our assault on the Championship next season.... Duda is only here for 5 months.

Sorry Teemu, I meant this season.

Well very underwhelmed by that.I really would have thought a centre half was priority at the moment.Although at a possible cut price  500k for 2.5 year contract I don't think they were thinking any sell on price at the end of that

Edited by Grumpy

Can’t remember a signing that has posed so many questions before! He does have Champions and Europa league experience, plus he’s regularly played for the bigger Bundesliga sides so he must have something about him. 

Just now, Grumpy said:

Well very underwhelmed by that.I really would have thought a centre half was priority at the moment.

How do you know it isn’t?

Have I missed something? Is there a written rule that states we sign players in a certain order according to their positions? 

There’s approximately 3 weeks of the transfer window left 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Tettey Trybull Amadou Vrancic McLean Leitner Rupp Steipermann Duda....seems slightly overloaded??

Possibly GJL, but it should be noted that he can play fullback too, and with Heise departing, we needed further cover there (bearing in mind that Byram can play either side)

58 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Underwhelmed bearing in mind what we were all hoping for this window.

Didnt realise the window had closed! Done well to get him in time then all things considered.

Fans have this weird view that signing a player not in an area we want means we wont sign in the other positions. Bizarre mentality.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We lost £38 million last season. 

I've warned you once before about facts..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Why is it an odd signing? 

We haven't got a single attacking midfielder, including buendia, who is capable of competing at this level every week. 

An experienced addition is essential. They have now bought in two. 

And the window isn't shut. So the fact we could do with a striker and defender is irrelevant. 

Edited by Nono
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Didnt realise the window had closed! Done well to get him in time then all things considered.

Fans have this weird view that signing a player not in an area we want means we wont sign in the other positions. Bizarre mentality.

Yep yet again put your own slant on what was posted. Bizarre mentality as have i actually said the window had closed ? You seem to spend every waking hour on social media having a pop at anybody that does not conform to your take on things. I used the tense were instead of are but hey ho obviously i was totally unaware there is still over two weeks to go in this window according to you. You knew damn well what i was saying and the meaning but as usual you could not help yourself.

Maybe you would care to take to task the others on this thread who appear to be experiencing difficulty understanding this signing with our current defensive problems and lack of strikers ?

Edited by TIL 1010

38 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I've warned you once before about facts..

Has anyone ever warned you of the dangers to brown nosing? Always wear protection 👍

Edited by JF

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That was my thought Ron - Leitner on his way possibly??? 

Don't we now have to lose one overseas player, to keep within the quota? One out in Srbeny and now two in.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Don't we now have to lose one overseas player, to keep within the quota? One out in Srbeny and now two in.

Heise also left so I think we’re fine.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

It’s the age that I don’t understand, thought our model was for building on youth or buying better, not journeymen, to fill the squad......as said lots of experience so fingers crossed he’s better than we have!

I’m the same- always open minded about signings but I don’t understand how a 29 year old utility player fits into that.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

That's being very kind . Bizarrre? Effing dumb I reckon.

Great contribution to the thread topic but then again never one to resist a bit of poster bashing hey wcorkio.

Have a nice evening.