Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Been conned

I have been conned by the club I have supported for over 40 years , I stupidly paid the £50 fee for home premiership member got a nice silk scarf but have tried almost every match this season to get a ticket for me and my son with no luck. Go on site just before nine  wait until it opens then put in a queue for 45 mins get on site almost all sold find two seats near each other slightly apart put in basket click on basket redirected to main site and put in 20 min queue!!! Understand tickets not guaranteed but thought would stand a better chance . Can’t afford a season ticket . Most expensive scarf for £50 I have ever had . Anybody else find it easier if so how do you do it ? 

Edited by Yellowhammer
Missed word
  • Like 1

Apart from Chelsea & Wolves (when I was away), I've tried for and purchased a ticket for every home match this season. Went online at 9am this morning, joined a 20 minute queue, got on the ticket page at 9:22am, had plenty of choice of seats in several parts of the ground, and got my ticket for Liverpool.

What I have found is even when a game is sold out, if you regularly check the online ticketing page, seats are always popping up throughout the week with buy backs being put on sale etc. It might be more difficult when one of the big boys come to Carrow Road, but I often randomly check in the lead up to games and have seen seats available for the majority of the fixtures after previously being 'sold out'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ron obvious said:

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I would get a season ticket best way of seeing the games and a lot less stressful 

I often enjoy your humour, but that's a bit spiteful. 

1 hour ago, Yellowhammer said:

I have been conned by the club I have supported for over 40 years , I stupidly paid the £50 fee for home premiership member got a nice silk scarf but have tried every match this season to get a ticket for me and my son with no luck. Go on site just before nine  wait until it opens then put in a queue for 45 mins get on site almost all sold find two seats near each other slightly apart put in basket click on basket redirected to main site and put in 20 min queue!!! Understand tickets not guaranteed but thought would stand a better chance . Can’t afford a season ticket . Most expensive scarf for £50 I have ever had . Anybody else find it easier if so how do you do it ? 

I'd complain to the club personally, if they can see that you've logged in most weeks they may be reasonable and offer you some tickets. 

If they aren't reasonable then threaten to contact trading standards. 

Taking £50 off fans and then spending f*ck all in the transfer market is an absolute joke. Accounts will show huge profits this year, it's a bit shameful how they've fleeced fans with these premium memberships. 

Premium memberships to watch often sub standard football. 

1 hour ago, Yellowhammer said:

I have been conned by the club I have supported for over 40 years , I stupidly paid the £50 fee for home premiership member got a nice silk scarf but have tried every match this season to get a ticket for me and my son with no luck. Go on site just before nine  wait until it opens then put in a queue for 45 mins get on site almost all sold find two seats near each other slightly apart put in basket click on basket redirected to main site and put in 20 min queue!!! Understand tickets not guaranteed but thought would stand a better chance . Can’t afford a season ticket . Most expensive scarf for £50 I have ever had . Anybody else find it easier if so how do you do it ? 

If you make this case to the Club and can demonstrate logins/ failures to this extent I would think that they would reimburse you . Ben is a reasonable bloke and as described this is not what the Club would want .

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

If you make this case to the Club and can demonstrate logins/ failures to this extent I would think that they would reimburse you . Ben is a reasonable bloke and as described this is not what the Club would want .

Be aware though they may ask how you didn’t get for Watford and Bournemouth as they were general sale

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd complain to the club personally, if they can see that you've logged in most weeks they may be reasonable and offer you some tickets. If they aren't reasonable then threaten to contact trading standards. 

Taking £50 off fans and then spending f*ck all in the transfer market is an absolute joke. Accounts will show huge profits this year, it's a bit shameful how they've fleeced fans with these premium memberships. 

Jees....and you have the nerve to call me out on my posts........

I dont want to explain to fully grown adults how a queue works but the quicker you're in the queue, the quicker you get served, its that simple.

7 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I dont want to explain to fully grown adults how a queue works but the quicker you're in the queue, the quicker you get served, its that simple.

Not necessarily. This morning I went online at about 09:00:20 seconds (ie the moment the website opened) via a smart phone and was put in a queue for 'not less than 45 mins'.

A few moments later I went into queue via a laptop and was put into a queue of '13 minutes'. Clearly the system is a bit glitchy.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket on the laptop after a 19 minute wait.

3 hours ago, thas a rummun said:

Apart from Chelsea & Wolves (when I was away), I've tried for and purchased a ticket for every home match this season. Went online at 9am this morning, joined a 20 minute queue, got on the ticket page at 9:22am, had plenty of choice of seats in several parts of the ground, and got my ticket for Liverpool.

What I have found is even when a game is sold out, if you regularly check the online ticketing page, seats are always popping up throughout the week with buy backs being put on sale etc. It might be more difficult when one of the big boys come to Carrow Road, but I often randomly check in the lead up to games and have seen seats available for the majority of the fixtures after previously being 'sold out'.

True, that's how I got my tickets for the "sold out" Wolves and Palace matches during the festive season...

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd complain to the club personally, if they can see that you've logged in most weeks they may be reasonable and offer you some tickets. 

If they aren't reasonable then threaten to contact trading standards. 

A tad extreme, if the £50 came with terms and conditions never guaranteeing tickets then it’s up to the customers to buy the membership or not!

As for the club, well it was clear last season we’ve become more business focused and less fan friendly, generating funds is a must to survive a self sustaining model, so can’t blame the club either. 
Might all change if next season there’s a lack of fans buying these memberships.

Not great marketing by the club, haven’t bought one myself as I have lots of season ticket mates who can’t make all games so get to see a few games a season still.

I was able to get my hands on one away ticket after upgrading to the 50 £ away membership ... Luckily a m8 of mine got me into CR so I was able to watch a home game too when I was back in Naarwich... But I think the membership scheme was a shambles too , especially after the way this season's gone...but admittedly that's hindsight...

Nearly no investment in the squad , yet we're paying , paying , paying... (eg. ST prices etc...)

"Not great marketing by the club" is putting it lightly...

Edited by ROBFLECK

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

I was able to get my hands on one away ticket after upgrading to the 50 £ away membership ... Luckily a m8 of mine got me into CR so I was able to watch a home game too when I was back in Naarwich... But I think the membership scheme was a shambles too , especially after the way this season's gone...but admittedly that's hindsight...

Nearly no investment in the squad , yet we're paying , paying , paying... (eg. ST prices etc...)

"Not great marketing by the club" is putting it lightly...

Even when your 100% correct a lot on here would still defend the clubs stance.

At a consultation meeting the question of games selling out within minutes and then later on tickets becoming available was explained by BK as people putting tickets in their basket which immediately takes them off the system and then for some reason are not paid for which obviously then makes them available to purchase again.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

At a consultation meeting the question of games selling out within minutes and then later on tickets becoming available was explained by BK as people putting tickets in their basket which immediately takes them off the system and then for some reason are not paid for which obviously then makes them available to purchase again.

Yep, generally the case with all queue-based online systems is that tickets are marked, essentially as 'reserved' as soon as they're added to basket. They will often remain for a set amount of time - usually 15 minutes or so, giving the user time to make payment. If not, they're returned. Quite often people accidentally click for too many tickets, or put them in their basket and THEN call friends etc to see if they're available.

Then on top of that as already said you've got buy-backs throughout the week etc. 

But again i'm not sure the club has made this clear to people who aren't aware, as seemingly Yellowhammer isn't. Which is disappointing.

Knowing the club as I do, I neither bought a season ticket nor a home membership nor an away membership. Best non-investment decision ever.

38 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Knowing the club as I do, I neither bought a season ticket nor a home membership nor an away membership. Best non-investment decision ever.

I strongly suspect that you've never bought a ticket  for a Norwich game ever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I used to have a season ticket until it became obvious me and Delia just fundamentally disagree on just about everything.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Jees....and you have the nerve to call me out on my posts........

To be fair the £50 memberships are a con. Doesn't work. I know somone who wrote and complained to Kensell and got tickets immediately after requesting a refund. 

9 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

I used to have a season ticket until it became obvious me and Delia just fundamentally disagree on just about everything.

Okay, I'll take you at your word. I used to fundamentally disagree with Robert Chase on just about everything (personally he was a nice bloke though) - but I never let that stop me supporting MY team. 

12 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Okay, I'll take you at your word. I used to fundamentally disagree with Robert Chase on just about everything (personally he was a nice bloke though) - but I never let that stop me supporting MY team. 

I find it is not possible to make a distinction between the team and the owner as they are impossibly intertwined.

I find it is not possible to make a distinction between the team and the owner as they are impossibly intertwined.

Why? It's easy!! Delia (or Robert Chase) isn't out there wearing a yellow shirt. 

7 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

If you want a ticket for the Bournemouth game on Saturday, please say so. I am unable to attend for health reasons.

Only part of the ground at the Boxing day Aston Villa V Norwich City game with empty seats was in the away end!

Manchester United tickets were available to fan without away memberships!

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Why? It's easy!! Delia (or Robert Chase) isn't out there wearing a yellow shirt. 

But when I see our laughable defending I reflect on the defenders who were not bought in during the summer which then immediately reminds me of who the owner is.

Went on at exactly 9. Tickets didn't become available until some seconds later. Put in a 45 minutes queue and got one of the very last tickets about 40 minutes after 9. With the Bournemouth game could't go online in the morning but found some tickets still left in the evening. 

But when I see our laughable defending I reflect on the defenders who were not bought in during the summer which then immediately reminds me of who the owner is.

Okay - you weren't being serious. 

8 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

If they told you that you personally would have a high chance of a ticket - regardless of demand - or that the scarf is silk, then yes, you have been conned.

Otherwise - I would respectfully contend that your post is tinkerbells