Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The Great Escape mini-league

12 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Three points at Spurs? 😂😂😂😂

Not impossible. Would have beaten them at home but for VAR so there's no reason why we can't do it again

It's been like many of the games this season. I just can't see it happening, but it happened against Man City and we performed well against other top sides...

Here's hoping for another upset!

On 19/01/2020 at 12:24, lake district canary said:

Well Burnley did themselves some good today, so here we are -

14. Burnley 27

15. Brighton 25

16. West Ham 23

17. Watford 23

18. Villa 22

19. Bn'mth 20

20. Norwich 17

Big week this because in midweek it's -

Villa v Watford

Bournemouth v Brighton

Leicester v West Ham

So I guess we want home wins for Villa, Bn'mth and Leicester to keep the teams above us within reach. In that scenario and if we somehow manage to get three points ourselves, we would be three points from 17th place.

15. Brighton    25

16. Villa            25

17. West Ham 23

18. Watford     23

19. Bnmouth   23 

20. Norwich    20

Yes, I know its all ifs and buts, but you never know - football is a funny old game.....

I'd rather see draws for the Villa/Watford and Brighton/Bournemouth games. If we do fail to claim any points, I'd rather only drop 1 to those teams around us. Can make that up with 14 games remaining, whereas dropping 3 is obviously much more difficult.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

I'd rather see draws for the Villa/Watford and Brighton/Bournemouth games. If we do fail to claim any points, I'd rather only drop 1 to those teams around us. Can make that up with 14 games remaining, whereas dropping 3 is obviously much more difficult.

Fair point 👍

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Fair point 👍

Exactly!

A point at Spurs would be a huge point, keeping momentum and all that! Possible. They will have a lot of the ball but against Boro mid week they were nothing special at all. Jose is under pressure, and unhappy squad and Erikson on his way out could be a good time to visit. Or possibly not 🙄

OTBC

We are due some justice and particularly against Spurs.

The Pukki "offside goal the Harry Kane dive robbed us of 2 points.

No Kane this time either so we have nothing to fear.

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 17:24, lake district canary said:

Well Burnley did themselves some good today, so here we are -

14. Burnley 27

15. Brighton 25

16. West Ham 23

17. Watford 23

18. Villa 22

19. Bn'mth 20

20. Norwich 17

Big week this because in midweek it's -

Villa v Watford

Bournemouth v Brighton

Leicester v West Ham

So I guess we want home wins for Villa, Bn'mth and Leicester to keep the teams above us within reach. In that scenario and if we somehow manage to get three points ourselves, we would be three points from 17th place.

15. Brighton    25

16. Villa            25

17. West Ham 23

18. Watford     23

19. Bnmouth   23 

20. Norwich    20

Yes, I know its all ifs and buts, but you never know - football is a funny old game.....

In the bigger picture, Watford's recent form has been phenomenal and I can only see them continuing to move away from the bottom 3. I'd prefer a win for them, to keep Villa down there.

15. Brighton      26

16. Bn'mouth     26

17. Villa              25

18. West Ham   24

19. Watford        23

20. Norwich       18

So now 7 points adrift again so disappointing today, but it was a point, one of the draws people have talked about that we need.  Still need some wins to get us going!

Next up Brighton v Watford, Sheff Utd v Bn'mth, Man City v West Ham, so those around us likely to drop points........oh.......and us v Liverpool.....a good match to win and would kick start us for the last few matches.

• Haha 3

"A good match to win"... yeah, it'd be pretty decent to beat a team that have only failed to win one single game this season. I know you're going to trot out the Man City game as your precedent, but come on!

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

"A good match to win"... yeah, it'd be pretty decent to beat a team that have only failed to win one single game this season. I know you're going to trot out the Man City game as your precedent, but come on!

I think Liverpool have now taken something like 103 points from the last 106 available! That’s probably not correct figures but it’s incredibly close to that. It would make the Man City win look like an ordinary Saturday afternoon if we could pull it off!

2 minutes ago, JF said:

I think Liverpool have now taken something like 103 points from the last 106 available! That’s probably not correct figures but it’s incredibly close to that. It would make the Man City win look like an ordinary Saturday afternoon if we could pull it off!

FFS they are just another team. Building them up only perpetuates their "aura of invincibility".  They are not unbeatable, as we have to believe we can prove.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

FFS they are just another team. Building them up only perpetuates their "aura of invincibility".  They are not unbeatable, as we have to believe we can prove.

You’re hilarious, you really are. ‘Building them up’ they are currently the European and world champions and are walking the PL. ‘just another team’....

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

They're European champions, world champions, and have won 24 out of 25 league games this season (and drew the other one at Old Trafford). They are absolutely not 'just another team'. Of course they are not invincible, but they're the closest thing to it in world football. We're not 'building them up', we are stating facts about their level of performance and quality.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

They're European champions, world champions, and have won 24 out of 25 league games this season (and drew the other one at Old Trafford). They are absolutely not 'just another team'. Of course they are not invincible, but they're the closest thing to it in world football. We're not 'building them up', we are stating facts about their level of performance and quality.

You’re wasting your time. You’d get more sense from talking to your shadow! Whatever you say he will just come back with more nonsense and no logic or stats to back it up 

1 minute ago, JF said:

You’re wasting your time. You’d get more sense from talking to your shadow! Whatever you say he will just come back with more nonsense and no logic or stats to back it up 

As are you... you posted pretty much the same thing two minutes before me 🙂

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Lol yeah I know! 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I don't care what they have done, imo, you treat them like any other team and go all out to beat them. 

I'm sure Farke will do just that. I know maths isn't your strong point Lakey, but our chances of winning this match are significantly lower than in any other match this season. I'm not saying they're invincible, I'm not saying we can't win. I'm just being realistic about our chances.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't care what they have done, imo, you treat them like any other team and go all out to beat them. 

Last time I reply to you on this and then I’ll take my own advice! No one is saying we can’t beat them or that they are unbeatable. We are simply highlighting the enormity of the task at hand. Is that ok with you!? 

I get it, I should say........

"ooh it's Liverpool, no chance there then, might as well sit back and let them have the three points, aren't they wonderful, aren't we so going to lose this game, ooh, they are the best team in thew world, ooh, ooh, ooooooh......."

F*** them, we on our day have as good a chance to break their run as anyone.

"ooh it's Liverpool, no chance there then, might as well sit back and let them have the three points, aren't they wonderful, aren't we so going to lose this game, ooh, they are the best team in thew world, ooh, ooh, ooooooh......."

You’re embarrassing yourself now

edit: **** I replied again. Mental note: don’t feed the troll...

Edited by JF

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Norwich have gone all out to win every match it’s just that we’re not good enough to win very often.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JF said:

You’re embarrassing yourself now

Nope, you apologists for other teams are the ones that are embarrassing.  Other teams are there to be beaten, not put on pedestals and be looked up to.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Now you're just being a twát.

What people are clearly saying is that we're playing the best football team in the world. It will be incredibly difficult to avoid defeat. We will try everything to get something out of the game, but it's unlikely to be enough. No one is saying anything remotely close to the cringeworthy guff you've just finger-farted onto the message board.

• Like 1

Nope, you apologists for other teams are the ones that are embarrassing.  Other teams are there to be beaten, not put on pedestals and be looked up to.

Go see a doctor. you’ve the severest case of verbal diarrhoea that I’ve ever seen...

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Nobody is saying that. But if they were, so what? Nobody on this message board -to my knowledge-will be playing against Liverpool.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

You have to be able to score goals to win games. 

Our third highest scorer in the Premier League has 1 goal (or rather, our many joint third highest goalscorers).