Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The Great Escape mini-league

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Must admit I have little love for either Villa nor Spam so would love them both down with us. Brady and her ****ty comments in the summer would be great.

Villa fans and the club, excluding Purslow, went right up in my estimation after how respectful they were on the last day of the season, so it’s funny how opinions can change as prior to that point I was still in the Lambert hangover.

West Ham, I’ve always strongly disliked them. I appreciate the older generation might like them from the Bobby Moore days, but that’s not my era, and I find them repulsive. That Karren Brady is repulsive. And don’t forget the arrogant David Moyes - ‘I get results, that’s what I do’ - yes Dave of course you do, sh1t ones!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Villa fans and the club, excluding Purslow, went right up in my estimation after how respectful they were on the last day of the season, so it’s funny how opinions can change as prior to that point I was still in the Lambert hangover.

West Ham, I’ve always strongly disliked them. I appreciate the older generation might like them from the Bobby Moore days, but that’s not my era, and I find them repulsive. That Karren Brady is repulsive. And don’t forget the arrogant David Moyes - ‘I get results, that’s what I do’ - yes Dave of course you do, sh1t ones!

I suppose but they broke the FFP rules to get up, their fans have been arseholes for years and I just can’t say I have any love for that club.....WBA are definitely the team I most respect from Birmingham, the club and fans have always been superb.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I suppose but they broke the FFP rules to get up, their fans have been arseholes for years and I just can’t say I have any love for that club.....WBA are definitely the team I most respect from Birmingham, the club and fans have always been superb.

Try telling a West Brom fan they are from Birmingham and see how they respect you in return 😉

Just now, king canary said:

Try telling a West Brom fan they are from Birmingham and see how they respect you in return 😉

😂 I know I just meant from that region! Sorry.

I certainly hoped, but did not expect anything against high flying Wolves. They are the exactly type of team we would struggle against. Unlikely to trouble the top but a great chance for European stuff next year and they were certainly not going to be easy on us just because they are in a comfortable league position. 

Leicester however, are in a 'slightly' different position. They are 3rd, with 6 points and much better goal difference to 4th place. No chance of wining the league and 10-11 points (incl goal difference) above the last possible Champions league spot. They could have an off night Friday and we could have our A game on.

Who knows. 

• Like 1

Interesting that West Ham have, yet again, decided to play a winger as their lone striker tonight over their new £20mil striker signing Jarrod Bowen.

Moyes doesn’t rate him already? It’s not like he signed him out of form or anything...