Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The Great Escape mini-league

The sad thing is we could win, but that wonā€™t kick start anything, weā€™ll then go on to lose against those around us.....how many points have we taken from those in the mini league now Lakey?

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I get it, I should say........

"ooh it's Liverpool, no chance there then, might as well sit back and let them have the three points, aren't they wonderful, aren't we so going to lose this game, ooh, they are the best team in thew world, ooh, ooh, ooooooh......."

F*** them, we on our day have as good a chance to break their run as anyone.

They are an absolutely amazing side probably the best club side in world football are you so deluded to think we can get a result against them otbc.

Lakeyo,Ā  you are confusing two words.....probability and possibility. Once you gave grasped that , you will no be longer ridiculed on here,, quite so much.šŸ‘

• Like 3

Stats are boring

We can win. Football isn't about stats, stats don't win games

If anybody has seen Pukki's mojo, I hear a certain German is paying big money for it's safe returnĀ 

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Lakeyo,Ā  you are confusing two words.....probability and possibility. Once you gave grasped that , you will no be longer ridiculed on here,, quite so much.šŸ‘

Oh I think I can take a bit of ridicule now and then. Anyway, "probability" is something that should not come into it - why go into a match thinking we are probably going to lose? It's bonkers. I don't think we are "probably" going to win......I just don't think probability ought to come into the equation. It's football, not tiddlywinks.Ā 

7 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Stats are boring

We can win. Football isn't about stats, stats don't win games

If anybody has seen Pukki's mojo, I hear a certain German is paying big money for it's safe returnĀ 

Of cause we can win. No one is saying we canā€™t. Just that 42 teams have tried and failed to do so before we have our chance

13 minutes ago, JF said:

Of cause we can win. No one is saying we canā€™t. Just that 42 teams have tried and failed to do so before we have our chance

Oh God the debate that will never die.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Oh I think I can take a bit of ridicule now and then. Anyway, "probability" is something that should not come into it - why go into a match thinking we are probably going to lose? It's bonkers. I don't think we are "probably" going to win......I just don't think probability ought to come into the equation. It's football, not tiddlywinks.Ā 

Tiddlywinks is a game of skill too you know, it not just luck. Anyway, you know exactly what I mean as youre not thick, just belligerent.šŸ‘

Perhaps, but with Watford coming out to a 1-0 lead, a draw was a nice result. Also doesn't allow either of those teams to feel good with their performance today.

16 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Brighton winĀ might have been better ?

I'm confused, I thought you'd given up Smiffy.šŸ™ƒ

In other news FW won today and are off the bottom. Up The Fort!!!

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  PlĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Pts

15. BrightonĀ Ā  Ā Ā  26Ā Ā Ā Ā  Ā  27

16. Bn'mouthĀ Ā Ā  25 Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  26

17. Villa Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Ā Ā  25Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  25

18. West HamĀ Ā  25Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  24

19. WatfordĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  26 Ā Ā Ā  24

20. NorwichĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  25Ā Ā Ā Ā  18

Keeps Brighton in the mix, only three points clear.Ā  West Ham and Bn'mth away tomorrow. Villa home to Spurs next week. If results go well for us at those games, it gives us hope, with just that small matter of us beating Liverpool to really put the cat among the pigeons......

8 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Us beatĀ Liverpool? Lakeyā€™s optimism is delusional. Iā€™d be happy if we can keep them down to 4 goals.Ā 

When are you guys going to get the idea that it's not "optimism", it's belief that it can be done.

29 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Just saw Bournemouth's remaining schedule. Very, very tough to say the least. Hopefully they drop 3 today, and I think they're likely to be down.

That's not going so well atm.Ā 

• Like 1

There is no reason why we can't beat Liverpool.

We have already beaten them in one half of a game so we can do it again.

At the end of the day it's 11 v 11 and in football anything can happen.

It would be an upset but it wouldn't be the greatest upset of all time.

Unbeaten all season then "along come Norwich"

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

There is no reason why we can't beat Liverpool.

We have already beaten them in one half of a game so we can do it again.

At the end of the day it's 11 v 11 and in football anything can happen.

It would be an upset but it wouldn't be the greatest upset of all time.

Unbeaten all season then "along come Norwich"

Ā 

Ā 

I agree, football is very strange like that, these things happen in the matches that are least expected, no one expected us to beat Man City, and some may say theyā€™ve never really recovered from that this season.Ā With Atletico Madrid looming just a few days after their visit to Carrow Rd, I do wonder if Klopp mayĀ choose to mix up his starting 11 against us, for a league match heā€™s often left out 1 or 2 of his big guns before a Champions League game, and with them coasting clear at the top, he might think it will be a gamble worth taking?

49 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I agree, football is very strange like that, these things happen in the matches that are least expected, no one expected us to beat Man City, and some may say theyā€™ve never really recovered from that this season.Ā With Atletico Madrid looming just a few days after their visit to Carrow Rd, I do wonder if Klopp mayĀ choose to mix up his starting 11 against us, for a league match heā€™s often left out 1 or 2 of his big guns before a Champions League game, and with them coasting clear at the top, he might think it will be a gamble worth taking?

Yeah, he'd be crazy to put out his strongest XI just before a CL game, especially given the cushion they have in the PL. They've had at least eight of their first ten outfielders nailed down week-in-week-out -Ā Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino - so making a few changes could unsettle them more than expected. As with the Man City game, we'll have to take our chances early, defend like Trojans and hope they have a massive off day, but stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, he'd be crazy to put out his strongest XI just before a CL game, especially given the cushion they have in the PL. They've had at least eight of their first ten outfielders nailed down week-in-week-out -Ā Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino - so making a few changes could unsettle them more than expected. As with the Man City game, we'll have to take our chances early, defend like Trojans and hope they have a massive off day, but stranger things have happened. ļ»æ

As with the Man City game the crowd will also have to be very loud, very vocal and sustained in support throughout, helping our players across the line. Any deviation from this and we will probably come unstuck.

There is a slight chance that Liverpool like Man City will not take us seriously and we could (a very, very slim chance) catch them cold.

So West Ham lose their game in hand as predicted and we're all on 26 games.

Every single team in the bottom six is away this weekend so the teams that win away this weekend will make headway on the others, unless they all win, which is very unlikely. Ā  Onwards and hopefully upwards.Ā 

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā  Ā  Ā Ā  PlĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Pts

15. BrightonĀ Ā  Ā Ā  26Ā Ā Ā Ā  Ā  27

16. Bn'mouthĀ Ā Ā  26 Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  26

17. Villa Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Ā Ā  26 Ā Ā Ā Ā  25

18. West HamĀ Ā  26 Ā Ā Ā Ā  24

19. WatfordĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  26 Ā Ā Ā  24

20. NorwichĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  26 Ā Ā Ā  18

Ā 

51 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Would love to see us get 3 points at Wolves this weekend.

I'm quietly optimistic we can get a good result there this weekend.Ā