Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The Great Escape mini-league

I think it’s fair to say that there is a bit of an LDC witch hunt on here. It can’t be a co-incidence that all his posts seem to generate at least double figure replies and most of those are hostile. That said and with NCFC on it’s current downward trajectory his almost pathetic level of constant optimism is bound to upset people.

Perhaps it wasn’t too clever either to have started the thread only an hour after the match, especially as he was actually there.

Someone suggested that some of us treat ourselves and this board far too seriously and another suggested we use the ignore button.

With sensible ideas like that they must have stumbled on here by accident 😀

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

It’s costs a lot of money to follow your team and go to every game. Some people need to remember that before the give their armchair view on everyone else’s opinions. 

It costs a lot to go to a few games if you live a long way away. Some people need to remember that too.

I find the constant stream of negative posts really annoying. I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's very often the same old posters with variations on a theme. I just don't see the point in saying the same thing time and time again. I usually try and ignore them, unless they've said anything that's either factually incorrect or monumentally stupid.

Having said that, I don't believe that what they say on here reflects the mood at matches-granted I have only been to away games this season so I don't know what it's been like at Carrow Road. I also think we need a new name for the Pant Wetters. Given all the hot air that is spouted, how about the Ineffectual Moaners?

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Perhaps it wasn’t too clever either to have started the thread only an hour after the match, especially as he was actually there.

I didn't go. Had the ticket and was all ready to go, but the M6 being closed and long tailbacks and the howling gales and driving rain meant I didn't get very far and we turned back. I would have carried on, but someone else in the car didn't want to go any further. C'est la vie.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thing is though, Ron,  I'm pretty optimistic myself. It's not what you say, it's the way that you say it. Sure, the perpetually negative will disagree with the content of your post, but you don't start another new thread on it pretty much every day. You don't frequently talk down to other fans and tell them how they should be supporting their team despite rarely attending matches yourself. And you don't throw your toys out the pram when people call you out on your behaviour.

And while there are equally culpable miserablists on here, there are also genuine NCFC fans with real concerns about the club's future, who are willing to have grown-up discussions about it. This constant polarisation will never stop (remember 'KTFs' and 'pant-wetters'), but plenty of us manage to have reasonable discussions across the divide without generating quite so much opprobrium.

When you boil it down, the only difference between Lakey and Keith Scott is that they're at opposite ends of the positive/negative spectrum, and Lakey uses more words. He gets what he deserves.

Sorry I disagree. He always clings to hope - & he has the self-awareness to realise it's just hope. At the moment we're a bit like the Little Nurdling under 16s 6-0 down to Poshchester Rovers at half time, with LDC taking the part of the team captain jumping up & down excitedly: " come on chaps! We can do this! ..."

His optimism deserves to be criticised & countered with cold hard realism. Or ignored & dismissed. But that's not what he gets. He mostly gets personal abuse., which is NOT what he deserves. I can understand people wanting him to put a sock in it, but do it with a bit of grace & humour.

FTW, I find most of your posts well reasoned & worth reading but I don't quite understand your attitude to LDC. He's the Ned Flanders of the forum, sometimes annoying & occasionally a bit self-righteous, but his heart is unquestionably in the right place, which cannot be said for many of his detractors.

Okerly dokerly. Think I'll sign off now before someone gives my noggin a floggin'.

• Like 1

I like the old Lakey, you have gone to being Looney Lakey of late, it might a midlife crisis thing, some people have affairs some buy big expensive cars, some buy a motorbike and yours is to castigate those who are realistic, then become all aggressive telling people to get a grip, last you then play the being bullied card!

Can you please go back to being that sensible positive poster with good points to talk about instead of another pedantic ****, we do have enough with such extreme views, that will never see the other sides views, but 80% of posters on here generally can debate all things in a very good debate without the need to go into a childish manner.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I didn't go. Had the ticket and was all ready to go, but the M6 being closed and long tailbacks and the howling gales and driving rain meant I didn't get very far and we turned back. I would have carried on, but someone else in the car didn't want to go any further. C'est la vie.

I remember you saying that there were earlier problems on the M6 but I thought you’d missed them. Sorry you were persuaded to turn back as you don’t get to many games but with hindsight I think even you’d have been pushed to find any positives in that performance 😉

8 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Sorry I disagree. He always clings to hope - & he has the self-awareness to realise it's just hope. At the moment we're a bit like the Little Nurdling under 16s 6-0 down to Poshchester Rovers at half time, with LDC taking the part of the team captain jumping up & down excitedly: " come on chaps! We can do this! ..."

His optimism deserves to be criticised & countered with cold hard realism. Or ignored & dismissed. But that's not what he gets. He mostly gets personal abuse., which is NOT what he deserves. I can understand people wanting him to put a sock in it, but do it with a bit of grace & humour.

FTW, I find most of your posts well reasoned & worth reading but I don't quite understand your attitude to LDC. He's the Ned Flanders of the forum, sometimes annoying & occasionally a bit self-righteous, but his heart is unquestionably in the right place, which cannot be said for many of his detractors.

Okerly dokerly. Think I'll sign off now before someone gives my noggin a floggin'.

We get the positivity of a Lakey, but he’s become a Preacher to the masses on recent threads, I think it gets some posters riled......I have had my discussions with Lakey and admire his positive nature, but some people don’t like to be lectured on a forum.

image.thumb.png.9b6385c91a02d995e2d0e55b4d0d31c9.png

Edited by Indy

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It costs a lot to go to a few games if you live a long way away. Some people need to remember that too.

There you go see. You you you.

what do you think every away game is for people who live near Norwich a short stroll after lunch. 

Edited by Hardhouse44

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

It costs  sweet FA to watch and hear the gentle babbling of  a diminutive  brook. Yet I still felt shortchanged by yesterday's  performance. I feel it was probably  a little unwise telling people to get a grip within an hour or so of such a drubbing...we were fortune  that if wasnt more than 4. If you are gonna post controversial  stuff, expect a reaction, if you're  gonna tell people  how they should and shouldn't  behave  , put on your tin hat and flak jacket. 

But please please dont complain of being bullied, if you are really that sensitive,  which I somehow doubt,  leave  the controversy to those with a thicker skin. Funnily enough Lakeyo,  I named you a while ago  as one of the thicker skinned on here as you dont normally cry foul when you stir the pot. What makes this time any different? Just asking 

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I like the old Lakey, you have gone to being Looney Lakey of late, it might a midlife crisis thing, some people have affairs some buy big expensive cars, some buy a motorbike and yours is to castigate those who are realistic, then become all aggressive telling people to get a grip, last you then play the being bullied card!

Can you please go back to being that sensible positive poster with good points to talk about instead of another pedantic ****, we do have enough with such extreme views, that will never see the other sides views, but 80% of posters on here generally can debate all things in a very good debate without the need to go into a childish manner.

I think the worse things get, the more I want to see the positives. That probably accounts for me not seeming positive when we were at the top of the league last season and I had the feeling that it wasn't cut and dried like some were saying.  It was pretty bad on Saturday and I just wanted to say right, lets put this to bed and move on.

• Like 1

I think the worse things get, the more I want to see the positives. That probably accounts for me not seeming positive when we were at the top of the league last season and I had the feeling that it wasn't cut and dried like some were saying.  It was pretty bad on Saturday and I just wanted to say right, lets put this to bed and move on.

👍 Good for me my Friend, I don’t have any issues with you, keep up the positives.

3 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:
12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There you go see. You you you.

what do you thing every away game is for people who live near Norwich a short stroll after lunch. 

Huh???? You were the one that said about people spending lots of money going to every game - so isn't that just you you you too? If I go to CR for one game it costs me around £200, more if I stay over. Does that come into your reckoning?

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

It costs  sweet FA to watch and hear the gentle babbling of  a diminutive  brook. Yet I still felt shortchanged by yesterday's  performance. I feel it was probably  a little unwise telling people to get a grip within an hour or so of such a drubbing...we were fortune  that if wasnt more than 4. If you are gonna post controversial  stuff, expect a reaction, if you're  gonna tell people  how they should and shouldn't  behave  , put on your tin hat and flak jacket. 

But please please dont complain of being bullied, if you are really that sensitive,  which I somehow doubt,  leave  the controversy to those with a thicker skin. Funnily enough Lakeyo,  I named you a while ago  as one of the thicker skinned on here as you dont normally cry foul when you stir the pot. What makes this time any different? Just asking 

It was a stream of about six posts, all abusive, followed by a poster effectively saying "keep it up lads, we've almost got him".

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

I like the old Lakey, you have gone to being Looney Lakey of late, it might a midlife crisis thing, some people have affairs some buy big expensive cars, some buy a motorbike.........

Perhaps a season ticket for Spearmint Rhino might ease his mid-life angst ?

Although maybe not when stuck on the M6 on the schlep down to Sheffield 😀

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Huh???? You were the one that said about people spending lots of money going to every game - so isn't that just you you you too? If I go to CR for one game it costs me around £200, more if I stay over. Does that come into your reckoning?

No not at all I couldn’t give 2 shinny $hites what it costs you. What I do care about is people being allowed to disagree with the everything rosy in the garden and the get over it comments you seem to think are fair to make after people have spent money travelling to watch something that by our own managers admittance wasn’t up to standard. 

It was a stream of about six posts, all abusive, followed by a poster effectively saying "keep it up lads, we've almost got him".

You shouldn't take it all so seriously  , I have jobsworth accusing me of being a Republican paramilitary FFS!  Despite me, my father and his before him all serving in HM Forces!!..... because of where I live. You are more than capable of ignoring  any of the more unsavoury  attacks, but a little tempering of the telling others how they should feel and act would reduce the battering you get on here......and not make you look quite so preachy. 

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Honestly that’s one of the reasons why I gave up on my season ticket in the end, Saturdays used to cost me nearly £150 with parking, travelling, food, season tickets, started to think it wasn’t worth the fun I got back after nearly 30 years. 

I have to say since not having a season ticket I’ve relaxed and started to enjoy the club and football again, it’s great.

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

No not at all I couldn’t give 2 shinny $hites what it costs you. What I do care about is people being allowed to disagree with the everything rosy in the garden and the get over it comments you seem to think are fair to make after people have spent money travelling to watch something that by our own managers admittance wasn’t up to standard. 

Well that isn't what you posted to me about. You were talking about cost to watch us play. I merely replied to that.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

You told me to **** off a couple of weeks ago you hypocrite

He once also called a fellow poster a “nonce” (and then claimed he didn’t know what it meant)

• Like 1

Back to OP topic, Lakey do you honestly think we’ll get 9 wins? As we’ve only picked up a point against all those clubs listed why do you think things will change?

I could maybe buy into an improvement from the last 16 but realist in me can’t see more than three more wins.

Duda might improve our goals scored but we still miss bite in the spine of our midfield to support our back four.

I’ll pledge a pound per point we get from those listed in that mini league to PUPs.

19 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I remember you saying that there were earlier problems on the M6 but I thought you’d missed them. Sorry you were persuaded to turn back as you don’t get to many games but with hindsight I think even you’d have been pushed to find any positives in that performance 😉

Indeed. I watched it on a stream and it was pretty awful to see us completely nullified and then seem to lose a bit of heart. Hopefully, they'll get it back in time for Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

He once also called a fellow poster a “nonce” (and then claimed he didn’t know what it meant)

Guys I think we’ve all been guilty of posting things we might not have in retrospect, how about drawing the line and just move on or ignore? Might help calm a daft situation?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Back to OP topic, Lakey do you honestly think we’ll get 9 wins? As we’ve only picked up a point against all those clubs listed why do you think things will change?

I could maybe buy into an improvement from the last 16 but realist in me can’t see more than three more wins.

Duda might improve our goals scored but we still miss bite in the spine of our midfield to support our back four.

I’ll pledge a pound per point we get from those listed in that mini league to PUPs.

Yup, same question here LDC , do you reckon we can win 9 games...I can't see it happening, it's even getting beyond a miracle... We might improve a bit, but I think it's over tbh...

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I honestly think it is possible. Leicester did an impossible return from bottom of the table a few years ago and went on to win the league the following season. We have some great players imo and a great way of playing and a great coach.  Some things have conspired against us, injuries, var, to name two, but if we somehow get out of this, the experience gained from it and the confidence going into next season as a result would be fantastic.  I won't stop beliving it is possible, even if we have to win the last nine games of the season.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Guys I think we’ve all been guilty of posting things we might not have in retrospect, how about drawing the line and just move on or ignore? Might help calm a daft situation?

👍🏻

ANYWAY

This week's fixtures in the Relegation Mini League:

Brighton vs Aston Villa.

Brighton have a 4-4-3 record at home this season, 2-2-0 against the other teams in the Mini League. Current Home form is LDLWD (most recent result last). Villa are 2-1-8 away from home, 2-0-1 against the other teams. Current Away form is DLLLW.

Norwich vs Bournemouth

We have a 2-3-6 record at home, 0-0-2 against the other teams. Current Home form is DLLDD. Bournemouth are 3-1-7 away from home, 1-1-2 against the other teams. Current Away form is LLWLL.

I think this thread is a great representation of why LDC is so tiring to so many.

Makes a wildly ridiculous statement (we'll finish top 4). Chastises others for being negative for predicting a relegation battle. Claims he is outlandish prediction is no more outlandish than those predicting a tough season despite being presented with evidence to the contrary. 

Just nonsense really.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

👍🏻

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I honestly think it is possible. Leicester did an impossible return from bottom of the table a few years ago and went on to win the league the following season. We have some great players imo and a great way of playing and a great coach.  Some things have conspired against us, injuries, var, to name two, but if we somehow get out of this, the experience gained from it and the confidence going into next season as a result would be fantastic.  I won't stop beliving it is possible, even if we have to win the last nine games of the season.

Yes but I go into every game believing we will win, then again I believe I’ll win the Euromillions every time it hit a 100 million! 😂