Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The Great Escape mini-league

Can't see relegation coming from anyone other than these teams. If we can win against Bnmth, it gives us a bit of hope and drags them further into the bottom three.  Villa look fairly off the pace so it could be down to the bottom three as it is now.  But.....anyone can beat anyone in this league - including us - so this bottom three isn't set in stone. Lots of these clubs play each other over the next few weeks, so there are going to be twists and turns as the season enters it's tense stage.  Our season starts next Saturday, free from expectation, free from pressure.  Bring it on.

Brighton              24

Burnley                24

West Ham           22

Watford                22

Aston Villa           21

Bournemouth      20

Norwich               14

• Like 3

Of all those sides only Watford are on a good run at the moment. A win for us at the weekend and other results going our way means we could only be 5 points from safety. I just hope Farke puts an attacking side out against Bournemouth.

• Like 1

My imagination could just about stretch to us going on a run and finishing above Villa, although I consider that unlikely if they sign Benteke as its written in the stars that he'd suddenly become good again. 

But there's no way we're dragging any of those other sides in the bottom 3, with an 8 or 10 point deficit to make up. 

If Bournemouth are panicking then there is no hope for us. 

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Can't see relegation coming from anyone other than these teams. If we can win against Bnmth, it gives us a bit of hope and drags them further into the bottom three.  Villa look fairly off the pace so it could be down to the bottom three as it is now.  But.....anyone can beat anyone in this league - including us - so this bottom three isn't set in stone. Lots of these clubs play each other over the next few weeks, so there are going to be twists and turns as the season enters it's tense stage.  Our season starts next Saturday, free from expectation, free from pressure.  Bring it on.

Brighton              24

Burnley                24

West Ham           22

Watford                22

Aston Villa           21

Bournemouth      20

Norwich               14

Today I are mostly posting in emoticons

👍

I thought you were done with this board Lakey? 

PS we haven’t beaten any of those teams - in fact we have only taken 1 point from them in total . Villa have beaten us twice . 

You are starting to get on my nerves with filling up this board with horsesh1t Its a ridiculously pointless thread . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

I looked at the table this morning and I have less hope than I did yesterday. 

Aston Villa and Bournemouth are just about catchable if we have a good run, but West Ham are too good to be down there and Watford are in excellent form. Brighton and Burnley are nothing special but we've got ten points to make up on them.

We need to win at least six games and pick up three or four draws to reach 35/36 points, which would put us on the borderline. Seven wins and two or three draws would see us to 38/39 points and that would probably be enough, but considering we have three wins from 22, I can't see us now winning seven out of 16. It's the sort of 'points per game' form that would generally see a club in the Europa League positions.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's depressing as **** and explains why we're in this mess.

Exactly . Any team can beat anyone else apparently . Except we can’t beat any of the bottom 6 having played all of them at least once . Whenever we stay up it’s our home form against the lower teams around us that is our mainstay . This season our “must wins” have lead to very little on the board. 

In fact I might start a thread about it . 

11 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

PS we haven’t beaten any of those teams - in fact we have only taken 1 point from them in total . Villa have beaten us twice . 

You are starting to get on my nerves with filling up this board with horsesh1t Its a ridiculously pointless thread . 

We’ve won 3 games all season. We need to nearly treble that to stay up.

Blind faith ignoring the facts.

I’ve got a plan , well to just keep myself going really . I’m just going to focus on getting off the bottom of the table . If we’re going to go down , let’s not do it by finishing last .Christ let’s at least do that . Beat Bournemouth next week , that plan is on . Then aim for Villa . 

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

We’ve won 3 games all season. We need to nearly treble that to stay up.

Blind faith ignoring the facts.

Exactly this.

The other problem we’ve got is that we’re now adrift of everyone. I’d be slightly more optimistic if we were 8 points adrift of 17th but so were 18th and 19th.  Instead, we need at least three other teams to have a dip in form and for us to have a massive improvement in form. 

5 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

I’ve got a plan , well to just keep myself going really . I’m just going to focus on getting off the bottom of the table . If we’re going to go down , let’s not do it by finishing last .Christ let’s at least do that . Beat Bournemouth next week , that plan is on . Then aim for Villa . 

I'll have some of that Pocko👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's depressing as **** and explains why we're in this mess.

Its what's made it so difficult.

And even more frustrating that for example, Villa away, we fully deserved 3 points but lady luck wasnt shining on us.

Let's concentrate on beating Bournemouth and go from there. Who knows how badly dragged into it the likes of Burnley could end up.

It’s over. Anyone can see that. The worst points haul at this stage of all our premier seasons. Some good incidual players and raw talent but not enough physicality or quality to compete. Every impartial fan says the same - we don’t deserve to be doing better given the refusal to spend on promotion. And don’t give me VAR - the table is nit lying. We are bottom for a reason and will be doing down. Which makes spending money on a midfield six month loan rather inexplicable. We should be signing players for the future ahead of the likely exodus 

What if every VAR decision from now went in our favour ? Plus we are given special dispensation to bribe all other opposing managers and the referees. Probably still wouldn’t be enough but would make the back end of the season more interesting.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s over. Anyone can see that. The worst points haul at this stage of all our premier seasons. Some good incidual players and raw talent but not enough physicality or quality to compete. Every impartial fan says the same - we don’t deserve to be doing better given the refusal to spend on promotion. And don’t give me VAR - the table is nit lying. We are bottom for a reason and will be doing down. Which makes spending money on a midfield six month loan rather inexplicable. We should be signing players for the future ahead of the likely exodus 

Baring in mind your history on getting things right (last season being my personal favourite case in point) following this post I can almost guarantee:

- We will stay up

- We will get an apology at end of season for the farce that is VAR

- Duda will score 10 goals in this second half of the season firing us to safety whilst signing at the end of the season for £12 mill.

We're down with a disastrous points haul making a consistent 5 out of 5 for Delia. Villa and maybe Bournemouth join us. 

32 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Is Lakey part pf Delia’s PR team?

The trouble is Crafty there are others on here as well.

• Haha 1

There is no relegation escape mini league for us, we’ve gone. All we have is to hope we can remain (yesterday aside) competitive in each game and finish the season as respectably as we can.

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Don't get your hopes up, he'll never leave. He needs the attention too desperately.

Ah, the "attention seeker" label again, people do love to attach labels to others. I suppose its the easy cop out response.  But we've had mini leagues throughout our times in the PL courtesy of bor or one of his personas, so I don't see why we shouldn't have one now.

If we win Saturday, it gets interesting, Villa play Bnmth in the next fixture weekend, West Ham play Brighton that weekend etc etc and so it goes on through the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Ah, the "attention seeker" label again, people do love to attach labels to others. I suppose its the easy cop out response.  But we've had mini leagues throughout our times in the PL courtesy of bor or one of his personas, so I don't see why we shouldn't have one now.

If we win Saturday, it gets interesting, Villa play Bnmth in the next fixture weekend, West Ham play Brighton that weekend etc etc and so it goes on through the rest of the season.

I label you an attention seeker because you're an attention seeker.

Had enough yet?

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Ah. Congrats. The first person I have had a use for the ignore button. Cheerio.

Oh come on Lakey you are above that surely ?