Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Question regarding Villa.

I remember reading a post on here I think, that said had Villa not got promoted they would have fallen foul of the FFP rules.

So if they go down, does anyone know what their outlook would be? Points deduction and massive fine?

There will be some way they weasel out of it, or alternatively they will get a slap on the wrist and a transfer ban. They’re a “big” club after all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

OK thanks didn’t know that, so if they go down it could be another Bolton waiting to happen? 

Their two joint owners are massively wealthy, but the FFP rules are quite clear in theory. Thing is they've already tried the flog the ground and training ground ruse. I guess it may come down to how creative they can be in finding a way round the FFP rules. 

I hope not, thought that option had been closed! Can only hope they get the full penalties applied as they should then. Thanks, just thought I’d ask as they look worse than we do! No fight at all.

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

0-5 🤣

So Charlie, what have you got against Aston Villa? Well Jeff (Stelling) - actually nothing. I just think that MC will come out of the blocks and annihilate AV. My prediction 0-5.....

If you put a bet on yesterday after Charlies prediction it was 120-1 for a 0-5 outcome !!!

There's 25 minutes to go FFS !!

Villa proving the value of investing in new players after promotion. Not.

Looks like they will be the new Fulham after all.

I thought Bournemouth as well had broken ffp when in the FL but couldn’t be punished at the time due to their promotion to the EPL ?. 2 well loved clubs via the FA and the media so nothing will happen.

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I thought Bournemouth as well had broken ffp when in the FL but couldn’t be punished at the time due to their promotion to the EPL ?. 2 well loved clubs via the FA and the media so nothing will happen.

They paid a fine of £4.75 million in the end according to this. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6701342/bournemouth-fined-ffp-rules-breach/

If it helps op this paragraph is in the bbc report for their game against Man City today

But, with a Financial Fair Play issue hanging over them if they return to the Championship after a single season in the top flight, it looks like being a busy couple of weeks for Villa as they try to bolster Dean Smith's squad.

1. Villa... Not interested

2. Selling players to get out of a scrape... Maddison

3. For every basket case club there is a club that spends well and wins things, stays up, Europe etc.

4. FFP is not worth the paper it's written on.

22 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

1. Villa... Not interested

2. Selling players to get out of a scrape... Maddison

3. For every basket case club there is a club that spends well and wins things, stays up, Europe etc.

4. FFP is not worth the paper it's written on.

Simply not the case - there are far more clubs that spend and fail rather than win things, Europe etc

• Like 2

FFP deserves everyone’s support, don’t shoot it down, it’ll be working to our advantage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ultralk26 said:

Selling grealish will solve the worries...

Pretty much this. He along with Mings have been their bright spot this season. 

Selling both of them will likely balance the books - they will no doubt get a fortune for Grealish. 

The concern of the villa fans will be the state of their squad once both have left. Without Grealish, they are probably the worst team in the division. 

4 hours ago, Ultralk26 said:

4 hours ago, Ultralk26 said:

Not sure about that.

Not sure selling players now can save Villa from Champs FFP

Unless they can somehow sell them back in time as Sheffield Weds appear to have done with their stadium...

What do you think Grealish is worth - 20 million, 30 million? He's a very good player but also way over-hyped. 

If they got 30 million for him I believe that only begins to dig them out of the hole that they are in financially. 

2 hours ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Pretty much this. He along with Mings have been their bright spot this season. 

Selling both of them will likely balance the books - they will no doubt get a fortune for Grealish. 

The concern of the villa fans will be the state of their squad once both have left. Without Grealish, they are probably the worst team in the division. 

No, their accounts are for the 3 years prior to promotion. Selling now will not solve the problems. The FA only seem to throw the book though at clubs like Birmingham, Bolton and Bury. You must remember they brought in players like John Terry on huge wages and they also sold their ground to their owners at an inflated price, something that is now outlawed and backdated.

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

They also sold their ground to their owners at an inflated price, something that is now outlawed and backdated.

Interesting - I didn't know this!

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

What do you think Grealish is worth - 20 million, 30 million? He's a very good player but also way over-hyped. 

If they got 30 million for him I believe that only begins to dig them out of the hole that they are in financially. 

Value, in my opinion is ~30m. However, I suspect they will get closer to 45m and maybe even higher, he's been superb at times and deserving of the hype.

The main reason that I suspect a higher sale price than his value, is there are numerous clubs competing for him and many of those clubs have historically overpaid for players.

There is almost certainly a "Manchester United" tax where clubs know they can rip them off. He is also English and that instantly essentially doubles value nowadays. Maguire for 80m and Wan-Bissaka for 50m are signs of this.

Whether that will actually get them out of the hole, is another thing entirely. As always, I imagine it will depend more on the sort of contracts they have been giving their players....

• Like 1