Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Farke getting off lightly

1 hour ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I think the only criticism I can level at Farke is his game management. We often leave it far too late to make the changes required to either chase or hold a game.

Amadou seems like a very useful holding player to either compliment or replace a (understandably) leggy Tettey when we are holding onto games, but rarely features from the bench.

However when chasing games, sometimes you have to look at the bench and wonder who on earth he brings on... It is not Farke's fault that the options on the bench are lacking.

I think this is a fairly spot on level of criticism or maybe critique. We have I think been out thought in several games lately at the half time stage. Managers have sussed us out made changes to their style of play and we've lost games we were in total control of in the first half. 

We then have failed to make changes in personnel ourselves quickly but in my view more importantly make changes to our play. We're predictable. Swap the wide men more, push Onel up front along side Teemu for10 mins, leave one up at corners once in a while. Give the opposition other problems, unplanned, unpredictable problems to deal with. Put doubts in their minds. We're very predictable and eventually teams get us under control.

38 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You say that the market will inflate, but will it really? Several clubs in this league now walking a FFP tightrope including Everton and presumably Villa, may find that its an austere summer. Those are two clubs who look to overspend on players, Mings and Sigurdsson fees ridiculous, but they won't be doing that this summer else as they have made heavy losses. 

Chelsea will be throwing money around because they've been under embargo, but with Tomori at centre back, and Reece James at right back, that's Godfrey and Aarons that they already don't need.

Spurs need a right back, so Aarons a possible, but are hardly going to fancy Cantwell as an Erikson replacement haha. 

Realistically if Brighton were to sell Lewis Dunk for £50m they'd be looking to spend a fraction of that on a replacement, but having signed Matt Clarke for £5m and then loaning him straight out, perhaps they already have that replacement? 

The market is constantly evolving and being reset.

For Godfrey we can look at Adam Webster- older, no Premier League experience, £20m. So £30m for Godfrey doesn't sound that outlandish.

For Aarons look at Wan Bissaka- slightly older but more Premier League experience- £55m. We're not matching that but again £25-30m doesn't seem out of whack with the market.

Buendia see Maddison- We got nearly £25m for a player with one season at Championship level. Buendia has proven he can do it at the top level and fees have inflated in the past few seasons. Again, we'll be well within the realms of £30m+ if we're sensible.

I agree we don't have others at this price point- I find it hard to value Cantwell and Lewis doesn't seem to generate the same buzz as the others. 

30 minutes ago, king canary said:

The market is constantly evolving and being reset.

For Godfrey we can look at Adam Webster- older, no Premier League experience, £20m. So £30m for Godfrey doesn't sound that outlandish.

For Aarons look at Wan Bissaka- slightly older but more Premier League experience- £55m. We're not matching that but again £25-30m doesn't seem out of whack with the market.

Buendia see Maddison- We got nearly £25m for a player with one season at Championship level. Buendia has proven he can do it at the top level and fees have inflated in the past few seasons. Again, we'll be well within the realms of £30m+ if we're sensible.

I agree we don't have others at this price point- I find it hard to value Cantwell and Lewis doesn't seem to generate the same buzz as the others. 

Adam Webster has a very rare ability for any player, yet alone a centre back, he is ambidextrous (or either footed). Of course a ball playing centre back who can use either foot is worth money. 

Buendia, and I loathe to say this on here fearing backlash, is not as good as James Maddison. Maddison has that sudden change of pace to get away from players, is a bigger goal threat, can dictate the tempo of the game, and benefits from the homegrown player premium. We won't see a player as good as him at Carrow Road for another generation, maybe two, the legacy he will eventually leave in the game and the trophy's he will win will show that. 

Buendia will interest teams like West Ham and Aston Villa if they stay up. That's the reality, we are nowhere near as good as people on here seem to think, probably because they don't watch enough Premier League football to see that every team in this league is capable of beautiful football... Even Newcastle under Bruce. 

Norwich fans talk about us like we're Brendan Rodgers era Swansea, when we're rooted to the bottom of the table and look shocking as often as we look impressive. I remember when Leitner was going to run things! 

Truth is that a lot of our mature players have been found out at this level, in the case of our youngsters a few of them look a lot further away than we thought. Pure pace not enough for Godfrey up here, when was his last MOTM performance? 

At £30m+ some of you are definitely over valuing our players. I honestly think it's only the two full backs who will see serious interest at the moment and offers we may not be able to refuse. Still don't think it will be £30m a piece though!

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Adam Webster has a very rare ability for any player, yet alone a centre back, he is ambidextrous (or either footed). Of course a ball playing centre back who can use either foot is worth money. 

Buendia, and I loathe to say this on here fearing backlash, is not as good as James Maddison. Maddison has that sudden change of pace to get away from players, is a bigger goal threat, can dictate the tempo of the game, and benefits from the homegrown player premium. We won't see a player as good as him at Carrow Road for another generation, maybe two, the legacy he will eventually leave in the game and the trophy's he will win will show that. 

Buendia will interest teams like West Ham and Aston Villa if they stay up. That's the reality, we are nowhere near as good as people on here seem to think, probably because they don't watch enough Premier League football to see that every team in this league is capable of beautiful football... Even Newcastle under Bruce. 

Norwich fans talk about us like we're Brendan Rodgers era Swansea, when we're rooted to the bottom of the table and look shocking as often as we look impressive. I remember when Leitner was going to run things! 

Truth is that a lot of our mature players have been found out at this level, in the case of our youngsters a few of them look a lot further away than we thought. Pure pace not enough for Godfrey up here, when was his last MOTM performance? 

At £30m+ some of you are definitely over valuing our players. I honestly think it's only the two full backs who will see serious interest at the moment and offers we may not be able to refuse. Still don't think it will be £30m a piece though!

Absolutely agree with this. Far too much hyping of our "young" players, who are proving nothing in their performances other than that they are not very quick learners, and keep making the same mistakes. I genuinely doubt that we will get "acceptable" offers for any of them - good, because at Championship level they will still excel and we will have a genuine chance of winning it again.

Those on here who rate Buendia higher than Maddison are a puzzle. He quite clearly isn't anywhere near as good as Maddison.

38 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Absolutely agree with this. Far too much hyping of our "young" players, who are proving nothing in their performances other than that they are not very quick learners, and keep making the same mistakes. I genuinely doubt that we will get "acceptable" offers for any of them - good, because at Championship level they will still excel and we will have a genuine chance of winning it again.

Those on here who rate Buendia higher than Maddison are a puzzle. He quite clearly isn't anywhere near as good as Maddison.

He's not a goalscorer in the same way Maddison is but in my opinion Buendia has better technical ability.