Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Farke getting off lightly

Got to say Farke has been a massive disappointment this season. All the vitriol for another embarrassing Premier league campaign seems to be going towards the owners. Which of course i understand as our owners are, and always will be tinpot. But everybody should know by now that these owners will never back managers. However I still feel Farke should be getting more out of the team. His tactics, in game management and possibly man management have all left a hell of a lot to be desired this season. I saw someone suggest Farke is a better manager than Wilder on another thread but for lack of backing. I'm afraid that's absolutely ludicrous. Wilder has adapted to the Premier league incredibly well. He is flexible, tactically sound, can change a game and has that fiery determination which is reflected in his players. I don't think based on this season Farke has shown any of those qualities which is a shame. Maybe he's not the messiah after all? 

Anyway, all the best. Keith Scott. 

• Haha 2

Got to agree with some of this if Sheff Utd can do why can’t we , seem to be unable to change style of play to suit games , Idah is a big striker and I thought a few high balls lobbed to him may have worked he had no service at all 

Farke doesn't have a Saudi prince behind him.

Farke performed a miracle last season. He deserves a free hit at the big time.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 3

There are some fair criticisms of Farke that can be made, such as questionable substitution timings, defensive lineups while playing at home and some appalling differences between first and second half performances, but overall I feel that given a stronger squad obtained from through more investment in the team and more options to change a game off the bench he’d have done enough to get us safe.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

You’re right. DF achieved a miracle last season, on a shoestring!

Sadly the board expected the same this season, and allocated nearly £1m transfer budget! How could any board have done more!

Even more sadly my money is on him moving back to Germany next season.

Why would he stay?

• Like 2

Just now, Bradwell canary said:

Sadly the board expected the same this season, and allocated nearly £1m transfer budget! How could any board have done more!

Why would he stay?

I have a feeling he might move on in the summer. What else could he possibly achieve under the conditions at this club ? 

Just look at how players have improved from Maddison to Tettey and then please let me know he is a bad coach. He’s so bad in fact that tiny German club Dortmund seem to see him as the answer to their problems. 

• Like 1

The owners, the manager, the board....what about the fans too? Aren't we to blame too? And the geography of Norwich? Surely worthy of your critical eye? I can't think of anything else to blame but maybe you can help in future posts. 

• Like 2

Thankfully even our fans arent stupid enough to call for Farke to be sacked.

Well, bar a couple online trolls but they hardly count.

P.s why arent we sheff united

• Like 1

Has Farke made some errors? Inevitably, he’s not omniscient. I don’t think he’s beyond any criticism, however given the hand he’s been dealt I think it’s objectively difficult to argue he should have achieved much more than he has.

58 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Got to say Farke has been a massive disappointment this season. All the vitriol for another embarrassing Premier league campaign seems to be going towards the owners. Which of course i understand as our owners are, and always will be tinpot. But everybody should know by now that these owners will never back managers. However I still feel Farke should be getting more out of the team. His tactics, in game management and possibly man management have all left a hell of a lot to be desired this season. I saw someone suggest Farke is a better manager than Wilder on another thread but for lack of backing. I'm afraid that's absolutely ludicrous. Wilder has adapted to the Premier league incredibly well. He is flexible, tactically sound, can change a game and has that fiery determination which is reflected in his players. I don't think based on this season Farke has shown any of those qualities which is a shame. Maybe he's not the messiah after all? 

Anyway, all the best. Keith Scott

I fear he has his own game plan well sorted. 

Well now we have the realms of fantasy, we’ve stuck to our guns, we’ve given it ago and we’ve found out we lack the quality, experience and money to compete at the top level.

I have enjoyed it, losing will build experience to our players, we’ve built up a financial buffer for the future, we’ve signed some very exciting young players in our youth system, who might have not signed has they not seen our clubs progression with youth players.

It was never going to be the Top 4 as so stupidly predicted by those who lived in Yellow n Green dreamland, it was always about giving our best.

Farke is a fantastic coach, his system is superb, he attracts and gets the best out of our youngsters and I love watching the way we play football, it’ll be very exciting next year back in the championship.

Give the guy the credit he deserves and enjoy him while he’s here, you’ll miss him when he goes.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Keith Scott said:

Anyway, all the best. Keith Scott. 

Name a manager that would do any better with a championship standard squad? He has been brilliant for this club and the hand he has been dealt has been a slap in the face for the miracle he performed last season, Delia needs all the criticism, but the clique on here will talk that down 

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

There are some fair criticisms of Farke that can be made, such as questionable substitution timings, defensive lineups while playing at home and some appalling differences between first and second half performances, but overall I feel that given a stronger squad obtained from through more investment in the team and more options to change a game off the bench he’d have done enough to get us safe.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

We didn't need a Saudi prince to spend a bit of money, perhaps £20m-£25m.

When the accounts covering this season are published that will become very clear. 

Wilder spent £43m, that isn't "Saudi Prince" levels of money. Also, the prince stopped putting in money ;last season due to a dispute with the co-owner. 

He's been given £43m to spend out of the £100m+ in new TV revenue. We opted to give Farke £4m.

Get what we pay for. 

Farke makes his mistakes, but we never know where we'd have been in the table if we'd backed him financially. Perhaps still 20th, perhaps 15th, who knows.

I think most reasonable people can see that poor Farke has been hung out to dry. Would you criticise Lewis Hamilton for failing to do well if he was given a cheap hatchback to race in? 

• Like 1

Get real look back and say who has been a better manager for us over the last 50 years? Be careful what you wish for and get a reality check!!! 

Daniel Farke is something special. We will miss him when he’s gone. The fact he was so dreadfully backed financially is, I’m afraid,  an embarrassment to to those that made that decision.

People talk about plan B. To have a plan B, C and however many other plans you desire, you need options within the squad. To get options for the “holy grail” that is plan B, you need to invest in the playing squad. £750k plus a couple of loans isn’t the level of investment required. Feels like we were investing on that level 20 years ago nearly.

The thing that hurts the most this time more than any other is that in Hier Farke and his team we have someone very unique, couple that with the unusual number of very exciting youngsters and we really did have something that could’ve been built into something great, but, yet again, we’ve learnt nothing and blown it.

I feel sadness more than anything else. Soon Farke will be gone, as will the Cantwells ad Aarons. In their place will be the next wave of Glenn Roeders, Jason Jarretts and Jon Otsemobors.

Criminal really.

Just now, Coneys Knee said:

Daniel Farke is something special. We will miss him when he’s gone.

He's a good man manager, good at fostering team spirit and togetherness.

But is he really anything special tactically? Seems to just have one way of playing, no plan B, never rotates the squad unless forced, and I don't think he really anticipates the opposition getting on top when fans can 'feel it' so is reactive with his substitutions after we go behind rather than proactive.

According to Norwich fans at the moment we have 7 x £30m+ youngsters and a future world class manager. Yet we're rock bottom of the league, on course for our poorest ever season in the top flight.

It doesn't really add up, either Farke isn't top class, or several of our players are massively over rated by our fans. Its probably somewhere in between that, a bit of both. 

People have bought too much into the Webber hype train, instigated by the man himself, and they keep talking about a 'model' that they don't understand, that doesn't really exist, and they draw parallels with various European greats.

Recently it feels like Norwich fans are more deluded than Leeds fans. 

13 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Daniel Farke is something special. We will miss him when he’s gone. The fact he was so dreadfully backed financially is, I’m afraid,  an embarrassment to to those that made that decision.

People talk about plan B. To have a plan B, C and however many other plans you desire, you need options within the squad. To get options for the “holy grail” that is plan B, you need to invest in the playing squad. £750k plus a couple of loans isn’t the level of investment required. Feels like we were investing on that level 20 years ago nearly.

The thing that hurts the most this time more than any other is that in Hier Farke and his team we have someone very unique, couple that with the unusual number of very exciting youngsters and we really did have something that could’ve been built into something great, but, yet again, we’ve learnt nothing and blown it.

I feel sadness more than anything else. Soon Farke will be gone, as will the Cantwells ad Aarons. In their place will be the next wave of Glenn Roeders, Jason Jarretts and Jon Otsemobors.

Criminal really.

You learn (and here i'm speaking as much for myself) as you get older that it's a cycle DCB. I agree with your comments. But you just have to try and enjoy all that is positive in the life of NCFC (and indeed life in general of course). 

• Like 1

Norwich fans love accepting failure. Talking about looking forward to the Championship next season like it's a good thing. 

We're in the Premier League. This is the league we want to stay in, not a lesser one. 

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

Why would he stay?

Indeed....David Wagner has landed himself a plum job in the Bundesliga at Shalke 04 off the back of a good job at Huddersfield but then unable to take them any further.

If something similar was presented to Farke he would surely be interested.

Even if he were to be able to get us straight back up , he knows under the current ownsership we'd be no better off and stand no better chance the season after next in this league.

2 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

Why would he stay?

More than one million ££ was spent, loan players don't come free, people seem to forget that,

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We didn't need a Saudi prince to spend a bit of money, perhaps £20m-£25m.

When the accounts covering this season are published that will become very clear. 

Wilder spent £43m, that isn't "Saudi Prince" levels of money. Also, the prince stopped putting in money ;last season due to a dispute with the co-owner. 

He's been given £43m to spend out of the £100m+ in new TV revenue. We opted to give Farke £4m.

Get what we pay for. 

Farke makes his mistakes, but we never know where we'd have been in the table if we'd backed him financially. Perhaps still 20th, perhaps 15th, who knows.

You only need to look at Villa to see spending money doesn't buy/guarantee league position. 

43 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Criminal really.

Farke will be here longer than you think.