Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Jamal Lewis

I’ve heard a rumour that we’re looking to loan to a Championship club for the rest of the season, which I thought was rubbish but did come from within the club.

However, the link with the Spanish guy seems to imply that there could be some truth in this.

I’m not sure what the thinking behind this is as IMHO, Lewis should be our first choice left back. I actually thought he’d adapted better than Max in the early part of the season and offers much more going forward than Byram. 

I’d be very disappointed if this happens. 

Can't see that. Be a bizzare decision and leave us short. He was first choice and doing as well as anyone. 

Personally I think he is suffering from a total lack of confidence. He is fast and good when in an attacking mind. 
These days he is always looking to pass back to Hanley rather than forward. Now it look He’s lost the confidence to go or even pass forward.

hopefully being so young he will regain the confidence to be a fixture, but at present DF does not perhaps trust him enough.

A bit of out-of-side itis going on here  - Byram not being left foot is a disadvantage but for me he has been better than Lewis before he went our of the team.  Liekwise bringing Onel back in flies in the face of what he has contributed - Onel is a bench player for me at the moment.  Neither has improved for not playing.   But I do agree with the comment on confidence - it is affecting every player.

Loaning lewis does seem like a backward step for him though - i can not see him going out unless we get someone else back in;  it seems a more credible option if the spansih rumour is true.

However it wouldnt be one of the priorities for me which remain CB, CDM & CAM focusing on those that would improve us primarily next season as well as this. 

Could be looking at that speculation the wrong way. The left back cover is being brought in as Byram could be moved to right back if we sell Maxy Aarons.

Seems more likely given rampant speculation about Max, unfortunate as that would be. 

Not sure, Byram has been really good in that position. I realise he's not a natural left footer of course. Lewis and Aarons both going forward was leaving us horribly exposed in some earlier games. I think Byram is getting the nod as he is better defensively.