Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Bournemouth vs Watford, Villa vs Man City

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

One City Strong?

If you listen really carefully the chant finishes with a caveat of "when we're winning only"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This smugness towards fellow City supporters on here, I don’t get it at all.

No City supporter should be forced into already accepting the likely (yes, even the hopeful aren’t blind!), just so they can join in already with all these clever realists, and give each other a nice big jolly old congratulatory slap on the back at the end of the season on their correctness if the worst was to happen. Because that’s how it comes across. I find it a bit sad really. 

I’m not smug in this at all Alex,  like all fellow fans I hope we stay up so I can be smug to those non city supporters who wrote us off before we even kicked a ball.

It’s more acceptance than smugness and that actually helps to then look at the bigger picture away from the premiership, like the young players we’ve added to the youth academy, the money to ensure stability and growth, the exposure and experience gained by a novice squad and management team, so many positives even with relegation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This smugness towards fellow City supporters on here, I don’t get it at all.

No City supporter should be forced into already accepting the likely (yes, even the hopeful aren’t blind!), just so they can join in already with all these clever realists, and give each other a nice big jolly old congratulatory slap on the back at the end of the season on their correctness if the worst was to happen. Because that’s how it comes across. I find it a bit sad really. 

Nothing sad about it at all, it's an acceptance of the reality we see before us. Before a ball was kicked our chances of staying up were small but we were all optimistically hopeful. After a dozen games it was obvious that continuing to concede at two a game would spell curtains no matter what we did at the other end. This isn't the Championship where you can just outscore other teams. 

I've enjoyed the football on offer if not the results. We may yet win the odd game or three but I see no sign that there are three teams finishing below us. A great shame but life goes on. OTBC.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watford winning. So at the start of the day we were 7 points from safety but if the score stays like this you can add another point to that.

As I said right at the start of this topic. it's about what we do, not what others do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Life indeed goes on Ricardo and I've run out of reactions. Agree there are not 3 worse than us. The football has been decent on the whole. A lot of folk forget the sheer dross of some of our football in the mid/late 90s just to use one example.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Nothing sad about it at all, it's an acceptance of the reality we see before us. Before a ball was kicked our chances of staying up were small but we were all optimistically hopeful. After a dozen games it was obvious that continuing to concede at two a game would spell curtains no matter what we did at the other end. This isn't the Championship where you can just outscore other teams. 

I've enjoyed the football on offer if not the results. We may yet win the odd game or three but I see no sign that there are three teams finishing below us. A great shame but life goes on. OTBC.😀

Acceptance of your reality was what made you think you'd never see us in the Prem again just 18 months ago...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Life indeed goes on Ricardo and I've run out of reactions. Agree there are not 3 worse than us. The football has been decent on the whole. A lot of folk forget the sheer dross of some of our football in the mid/late 90s just to use one example.

Dear god yes, late 90’s and early / mid 2000’s remember Andy Hughes, absolutely gave 100% but was bloody awful quality!

Edited by Indy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 more points for Watford who were doomed prior to coming to CR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Acceptance of your reality was what made you think you'd never see us in the Prem again just 18 months ago...

Dream on Nutty. Another promotion season next year😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chumino said:

It's not the loss to Man U is it. Its what's plain to see. The common denominator is Delia and her doing the summer shop in poundland. 

Don't think I've ever seen Ricky Van Wolfswinkle for sale in Poundland. But then I suppose the clue's in the name - they sell things for a pound - not £8.5 million plus £40,000 a week for three years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Watford winning. So at the start of the day we were 7 points from safety but if the score stays like this you can add another point to that.

As I said right at the start of this topic. it's about what we do, not what others do

If we win games and others lose then it is about what others do isnt it. Jesus christ. Some people have 0 sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Watford winning. So at the start of the day we were 7 points from safety but if the score stays like this you can add another point to that.

As I said right at the start of this topic. it's about what we do, not what others do

Eh? It’s obviously the combination of what we do AND what others do. If it wouldn’t matter what others do, we’d still be 7 points away from safety, not 8 or 9 or 10 after today.... btw we are down. We all know it.... just accept it and move on. No point wallowing in misery, we play good football, there are “new hero’s” coming through the ranks - like Idah - the PL may not be our home next season but Norwich always will be. OTBC

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ricardo said:

C

Our chances of staying up are as near to nil as makes no difference.

Careful what you post on here. Negative posting like this has an adverse effect on the performances on the pitch you know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were pros and cons for any of the 3 results that could have happened from this bournemouth v watford game....but from the point of view of the pts gap between us and 4th from bottom, surely it was better that watford won than bournemouth?

...Bournemouth however look terrible....if we cant beat them next week, then I would concede it would be looking like game over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Dream on Nutty. Another promotion season next year😀

How many games would we have to win before the rats start clambering back on?🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Respect for the responses, Ricardo and Indy 👍🏼.

Regarding Watford, I’m not down about them winning at all. Anyone could see they have massively improved under Pearson, and I have no doubt that they won’t be one of our relegation rivals come May.

Bournemouth losing is a better result. We need to look at the state of play with teams from 11th or 12th downwards (yes I’m already aware we need to win some games and are playing catch-up!). Who are the teams that are getting worse as the season progresses? Who are starting to get their own injury crisis now despite only being where they are with a near fit squad?  THOSE are the teams we need to be watching, not Watford or Southampton. 

Because coming into the second half of the season with no signs of the shoots of recovery, these are the teams that will be are rivals come May. The table will change, it always does. And why do I hold hope? Because I believe our players and performances of late (bar yesterday) are showing signs of an improvement, even if the wins aren’t quite there yet. We’ve looked fairly solid at the back in the main rather than the whole nervous sixes and sevens earlier in the season, and I’m confident that we haven’t seen the best of these lads just yet. I think currently we’re better equipped for the second half of the season than Bournemouth (confidence loss/poor performance/injuries), Burnley (confidence loss/poor performance) and Villa (confidence loss/poor performance/injuries) - that’s my feeling anyway. They are there for the taking no question, so it’s up to us now to turn those draws into wins - Duda could make that difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nutty nigel said:

How many games would we have to win before the rats start clambering back on?🙃

We need 9 wins so maybe the 5th win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, daly said:

3 more points for Watford who were doomed prior to coming to CR

Not really-they were always going to struggle without Deeney, their revival is more to do with his return than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

If we win games and others lose then it is about what others do isnt it. Jesus christ. Some people have 0 sense

True but.....................................................WE ARE NOT WINNING GAMES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

How many games would we have to win before the rats start clambering back on?🙃

One win would be nice

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JF said:

Careful what you post on here. Negative posting like this has an adverse effect on the performances on the pitch you know...

There's nothing negative about it. The stats don't lie after 22 games. We have given it a go with what we had and have fallen short. There is no shame in that. 

I listened to what Souness said about Bournemouth at halftime. They have conceded 298 goals in four and a half seasons. You eventually go down if you can't defend better than that. It's why Sheffield Utd are going to survive and we aren't, despite us being easier on the eye. Painful for those of us who like to see the flowing stuff but it's a significant fact in our impending relegation never the less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Not really-they were always going to struggle without Deeney, their revival is more to do with his return than anything else.

Nothing to do with sacking the Manager then.

Same at Everton and West Ham, albeit to a lesser extent with the latter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Respect for the responses, Ricardo and Indy 👍🏼.

Regarding Watford, I’m not down about them winning at all. Anyone could see they have massively improved under Pearson, and I have no doubt that they won’t be one of our relegation rivals come May.

Bournemouth losing is a better result. We need to look at the state of play with teams from 11th or 12th downwards (yes I’m already aware we need to win some games and are playing catch-up!). Who are the teams that are getting worse as the season progresses? Who are starting to get their own injury crisis now despite only being where they are with a near fit squad?  THOSE are the teams we need to be watching, not Watford or Southampton. 

Because coming into the second half of the season with no signs of the shoots of recovery, these are the teams that will be are rivals come May. The table will change, it always does. And why do I hold hope? Because I believe our players and performances of late (bar yesterday) are showing signs of an improvement, even if the wins aren’t quite there yet. We’ve looked fairly solid at the back in the main rather than the whole nervous sixes and sevens earlier in the season, and I’m confident that we haven’t seen the best of these lads just yet. I think currently we’re better equipped for the second half of the season than Bournemouth (confidence loss/poor performance/injuries), Burnley (confidence loss/poor performance) and Villa (confidence loss/poor performance/injuries) - that’s my feeling anyway. They are there for the taking no question, so it’s up to us now to turn those draws into wins - Duda could make that difference.

Burnley definitely one to look out for

Next 3 games...Leicester, Man United, Arsenal.....which could very well have them in such a panic as to field a 2nd XI against us in the cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watford look a totally different team, beating us at Carrow Road and changing manager has done them the world of good.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

True but.....................................................WE ARE NOT WINNING GAMES

Neither where Watford until they played us and played better. If we can beat Bournemouth then who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

How many games would we have to win before the rats start clambering back on?🙃

I don't know, but I never characterise fellow fans in a negative way. We all hope for the best in our different ways. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×