Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Bournemouth vs Watford, Villa vs Man City

Who will be watching with great interest. 

Pearson seemed to have made Watford a decent team. 

Or will eddie Howe stop the rot?

Later on will be Grealish vs man city.

Can villa do a Norwich and beat citeh at home?

Edited by Ward 3

Haha fair enough just thought I'd make a thread other than moaning about the team/contracts/owners/manager/ anything to do with NCFC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m interested in these games because I’ve not given up on our lads, no way - I couldn’t disrespect them like that. Sure, we have every chance of being relegated, I’m not blind, but supporting Norwich is not a competition to me I.e to see who’s right or wrong on how our season pans out with ‘I told you so’s!’ (Unfortunately, some clearly see it that way).

This may come as a surprise to some, but believe it or not, we’re not the only group of supporters that think our team are going to be relegated come May. Bournemouth, Burnley and Villa fans largely see no light at the end of the tunnel especially, and have also downed tools from what I’ve read and heard speaking to a few. And rightly so because they all have serious issues. So at the very least 1 set of us 4 groups of supporters will be jubilant come the end of the season, so someone will be ‘wrong’. 

It was no surprise to me that we looked a completely different team without our talisman Teemu yesterday. That is no disrespect to Adam as he tried, and credit to him because that was a very tough game for an 18 year old lad to start his league debut. But I’m sure Teemu will be back against Bournemouth next weekend, fresh, fit and raring to go, hopefully with Duda behind him, and we will be much improved on yesterday’s showing.

I will watch Bournemouth and Villa’s game today with interest, sorry folks, but I’m not giving up on the lads yet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Who cares. Whatever the outcome of those games it will affect us diddly squat

clearly they do?....of all the fixtures this weekend these are the 2 that actually do

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Top post Alex. I'm right there with you buddy👍

Knew you would be, think we’ve been here a few times over the years on the good old Pink’un my friend 😂, there’s been some difficult times and some have come and gone (RIP Ardee and Wiz), but we’ve also had a lot of fun on the Delia rollercoaster - supporting Norwich is full of colour with all the seasons, as opposed to one of those static clubs where there’s no change and it’s perpetually summer or winter (how boring). 

Just need someone to start the 257th ‘Delia OUT’ thread now buddy, and then I’ll start feeling proper nostalgic... Oh! 😂

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

clearly they do?....of all the fixtures this weekend these are the 2 that actually do

Clearly they don't. The only fixture that affected us this weekend was MU v NC

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

I’m interested in these games because I’ve not given up on our lads, no way - I couldn’t disrespect them like that. Sure, we have every chance of being relegated, I’m not blind, but supporting Norwich is not a competition to me I.e to see who’s right or wrong on how our season pans out with ‘I told you so’s!’ (Unfortunately, some clearly see it that way).

This may come as a surprise to some, but believe it or not, we’re not the only group of supporters that think our team are going to be relegated come May. Bournemouth, Burnley and Villa fans largely see no light at the end of the tunnel especially, and have also downed tools from what I’ve read and heard speaking to a few. And rightly so because they all have serious issues. So at the very least 1 set of us 4 groups of supporters will be jubilant come the end of the season, so someone will be ‘wrong’. 

It was no surprise to me that we looked a completely different team without our talisman Teemu yesterday. That is no disrespect to Adam as he tried, and credit to him because that was a very tough game for an 18 year old lad to start his league debut. But I’m sure Teemu will be back against Bournemouth next weekend, fresh, fit and raring to go, hopefully with Duda behind him, and we will be much improved on yesterday’s showing.

I will watch Bournemouth and Villa’s game today with interest, sorry folks, but I’m not giving up on the lads yet.

Good on you! This is the first decent post I've read for a while on this forum. As opposed to they dont affect us diddly squat 👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Knew you would be, think we’ve been here a few times over the years on the good old Pink’un my friend 😂, there’s been some difficult times and some have come and gone (RIP Ardee and Wiz), but we’ve also had a lot of fun on the Delia rollercoaster - supporting Norwich is full of colour with all the seasons, as opposed to one of those static clubs where there’s no change and it’s perpetually summer or winter (how boring). 

Just need someone to start the 257th ‘Delia OUT’ thread now buddy, and then I’ll start feeling proper nostalgic... Oh! 😂

Long live the Pink Un Alex🙃👍

• Like 1

See I don’t get this Give Up, not many of us have given up, the limited games I’ve been to this year the fans are behind the team and club, reality of relegation and accepting it doesn’t mean you’re giving up, but it means you don’t get so upset you start utterly pointless critical threads on here.

The balanced view is we’re down, but until it’s an absolute there’s always hope.

And yes I’ll be watching as I find it fun to see how our potential relegation candidates play compared to us.

• Like 1

Man Utd was no given! Especially away! They are not the dreadful team people are trying to paint them as - I would say they have a lot of wildly inconsistent players, and are capable of playing as well as they are poor, as they’ve shown all throughout the season!

Totally agree with Eddie about biggest meltdown of the season, had that have been losing 4-0 at home to Bournemouth yesterday with Teemu up top then I could kind of understood it, but the only team I’ve seen in the league that don’t put in a poorer performance from time to time are Liverpool!

I’ll take a Watford win or draw, with plenty of non career threatening injuries for both sides, and a Man City win right now cheers! 👍🏼🤞

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just seems strange that losing at Man U seems to have caused the biggest meltdown of the season Indy.

I know, to be honest this is a very good Man U side too! Yet some on here expected us to turn them over!

The truth is we are stabilising the club this season, it was clear at the start Webber and Farke we’re honest with the fans, the players deserve this year and if we’re not good enough it’s not through effort, it’s through lack of quality in depth and experience at this level. 

As I said to buy Amadou would have cost us 9 million and just how many of those criticising the lack of investment, would then be saying why didn’t we learn from RVW? 😂 Sometimes the club will never win!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just seems strange that losing at Man U seems to have caused the biggest meltdown of the season Indy.

It's not the loss to Man U is it. Its what's plain to see. The common denominator is Delia and her doing the summer shop in poundland. 

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

See I don’t get this Give Up, not many of us have given up, the limited games I’ve been to this year the fans are behind the team and club, reality of relegation and accepting it doesn’t mean you’re giving up, but it means you don’t get so upset you start utterly pointless critical threads on here.

The balanced view is we’re down, but until it’s an absolute there’s always hope.

And yes I’ll be watching as I find it fun to see how our potential relegation candidates play compared to us.

I would say accepting we are down already is actually the absolute epitome of giving up buddy!

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion of course, we should be respectful of that, but personally I was saddened to see so many downed tools after yesterday. Onto Bournemouth 👊🏼

I like this thread and thanks Ward & Alex for something a little different.

Of course these matches impact us. United away was never going to define our season but it's just an excuse for some of the idiots whove been hiding for the past year or so to come back out and play.

If Bournemouth cant get a result today and we beat them next, the picture looks a little better. Still a massive challenge but I'd rather stick with the lads, give it a go, see what January brings and go from there.

16 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Clearly they don't. The only fixture that affected us this weekend was MU v NC

You dont think that the points gap between us and the teams 3rd and 4th from bottom bares any relevance to us at all??....especually when we have Bournemouth next week

....or are you even aware of the existence of a 'league table'

...what a ridiculous thing to say

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I would say accepting we are down already is actually the absolute epitome of giving up buddy!

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion of course, we should be respectful of that, but personally I was saddened to see so many downed tools after yesterday. Onto Bournemouth 👊🏼

Nah matey, it’s like death, inevitable but you don’t give up just because you know you’re going to die, you move forward and make the best of it. 😂

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Nah matey, it’s like death, inevitable but you don’t give up just because you know you’re going to die, you move forward and make the best of it. 😂

Haha 😂, I hear you mate - great point about signing Amadou too!

Lot’s of good posts on here from Hoggy and the rest of you but I’ve run out of reactions I’m afraid - now you’ll have to excuse me whilst I p1ss off and find my Watford/Man City half and half scarf ready for this afternoon 😝😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You dont think that the points gap between us and the teams 3rd and 4th from bottom bares any relevance to us at all??....especually when we have Bournemouth next week

....or are you even aware of the existence of a 'league table'

...what a ridiculous thing to say

When we actually manage to win a game, and there's not a lot of compelling evidence to indicate that we will do that anytime soon, then maybe, just maybe the team 4th from bottom might become relevant. Providing of course that the gap between us and 4th from bottom hasn't got any bigger in the meantime.

2 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

When we actually manage to win a game, and there's not a lot of compelling evidence to indicate that we will do that anytime soon, then maybe, just maybe the team 4th from bottom might become relevant. Providing of course that the gap between us and 4th from bottom hasn't got any bigger in the meantime.

Multiple choice question

If Aston Villa beat Man City today, are our chances of staying up

a) bettered

b) worsened

c) makes no difference ?

It's irrelevant because whatever happens in that game we will still have to win at least 8 games between now and the end of the season and all the evidence says that we are not capable of doing that.

Edited by Making Plans

..we have to be 1 point (or a better goal diff) ahead of whoever's third from bottom.

I've seen all 3 relegated clubs go down level on 33 points...I've also seen West Ham go down with 42 points

How many points / wins is an unknown arbituary figure

9 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

It's irrelevant because whatever happens in that game we will still have to win at least 8 games between now and the end of the season and all the evidence says that we are not capable of doing that.

You'll be accused of being realistic if you aren't careful.😀

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Multiple choice question

If Aston Villa beat Man City today, are our chances of staying up

a) bettered

b) worsened

c) makes no difference ?

C

Our chances of staying up are as near to nil as makes no difference.

GJL is absolutely spot on, Making Plans - not sure how you can’t grasp that? There is no set amount of wins needed for us so I’m not sure why you’re saying 8? - I have a feeling that there are several teams down there that will be closer to 30 than 40 this season, and that’s why it’s important the teams around us lose as many games as possible, including to ourselves starting with Bournemouth next weekend - the more games our rivals lose, the less we have to win - it really is basic maths with respect.

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

C

Our chances of staying up are as near to nil as makes no difference.

Wrong

Villa beating Man City would quite probably mean that we would need to win 1 or even 2 more games than we otherwise would were they to lose...

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Yes I fully understand all that but the crucial thing is us winning games and we are not doing that, we have 3 wins all season, none in the last 10 games and there is absolutely no sign at the moment that that will change

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You'll be accused of being realistic if you aren't careful.😀

This smugness towards fellow City supporters on here, I don’t get it at all.

No City supporter should be forced into already accepting the likely (yes, even the hopeful aren’t blind!), just so they can join in already with all these clever realists, and give each other a nice big jolly old congratulatory slap on the back at the end of the season on their correctness if the worst was to happen. Because that’s how it comes across. I find it a bit sad really. 

• Like 1