Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

A good experience

Yes we got well beaten today but it is a learning curve for most of our squad. We will fight until it is impossible to avoid regulation. Then and only then should we think of next season.We as a club should be proud of our squad for giving it their best.

• Like 1

But we didn't fight today. We committed 7 fouls all game and got no cards. I don't think anyone can say we left everything in the pitch. We also rested our striker.

But apparently it's Delia's fault..

54 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But we didn't fight today. We committed 7 fouls all game and got no cards. I don't think anyone can say we left everything in the pitch. We also rested our striker.

At last ! Your seeing the light.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Don't really understand that comment Nutty. 

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

They happen on a regular occurrence so I’m sure you will soon. 

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I was about to say I thought he was injured, not rested.

Unless the inner circle elite know more......do share NN. 

I’m not sure people get your humour Nutty.......😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It's just my take on Farke's pre match comments that he "expected Pukki to be fit for the Bournemouth game".

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

It's just my take on Farke's pre match comments that he "expected Pukki to be fit for the Bournemouth game".

Did you not see at the presser where he said he was out for today's game?

Unlike you to miss something from the pink un

Edited by Greavsy

Where does that says hes rested?

If hes rested surely his fit, and could have played today?

We were awful today, spoke to somebody who went and they thought we were very poor, the BBC pundits thought we were poor and based on the comments from DF he thought we were poor, no getting away from it really, a very bad day at the office. What I will say that it is less damaging losing to Man Utd, lets be honest at the start of the season most of us would have written that result off, we need to start winning against the teams around us, so wins against Bournemouth, Newcastle, Southampton, Brighton, Watford, West Ham and Burnley and hope to pick up points against Wolves, Sheff Utd and Everton and all will be well.......

• Haha 1

So much of the outcome at this level is affected by player's mental rather than physical state. It was clear we didn't believe we could get anything today, perhaps because Pukki was out and everyone knows how influential he is to the team. I don't think anyone gave up per se, but we were playing a Manchester United team chock full of internationals, not Millwall (due respect to Millwall) so playing at 4/5th speed gets you properly worked over. 

Edited by Surfer

Some pretty scathing comments elsewhere about our performance and lack of effort today. I don't think there was a lot of pride out there tbh.

We will expect a response against Bournemouth.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

If he was rested he surely in our current situation he would have been on the bench ?

It's an opinion. I could be wrong and it turns out he's out for the season. But if you listen to Daniel Farke he is confident Teemu will be fit. 

Have you ever seen any side get a result at Old Trafford making just 7 fouls and no cards? 

Perhaps Delia should have run on the pitch and put a few challenges in.

It's an opinion. I could be wrong and it turns out he's out for the season. But if you listen to Daniel Farke he is confident Teemu will be fit. 

Have you ever seen any side get a result at Old Trafford making just 7 fouls and no cards? 

NN we are talking about today's game, he was injured, NOT rested as you've incorrectly stated previously. 

Stop dodging the point again. 

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You did not post it as an opinion, you stated as a fact that ' we also rested our striker '.

Edited by TIL 1010

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

You did not post it as an opinion, you stated as a fact that ' we rested our striker '.

Did I?

Is not my post an opinion?

My opinion is that Pukki would have played if the Bournemouth game was today. 

Like I said, I could be wrong and it could all be double bluff. I made an opinion based on the interview I watched.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Did I?

Like I said, I could be wrong and it could all be double bluff. I made an opinion based on the interview I watched.

'we rested our striker '.

looks like a fact to me. But that's just my opinion 

this might help too:

https://twitter.com/michaeljbailey/status/1216002877212282880?s=03

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

Makes you wonder why Farke said he was out with a hamstring problem as after all he surely would not tell porkies ?

Edited by TIL 1010

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Did I?

My opinion is that DF rested the whole squad with one eye on games such as Bournemouth etc..........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Makes you wonder why the club said he was out with a hamstring problem ?

Double bluff Tilly.  Its plain to see.

Just now, Greavsy said:

Double bluff Tilly.  Its plain to see.

Double bluff is another expression for telling porkies which Farke surely would not do ?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Makes you wonder why the club said he was out with a hamstring problem ?

I'm not "the club".

Let's wait and see. If Pukki  is out next week then I was hopelessly wrong. If we don't bother getting stuck in next week I was hopelessly wrong.

Arhhh the double injury bluff, doesn’t that normally mean he’s been sold? Wasn’t Sutton & Ashton a double bluff scenario! I’m worried now we’ve sold Pukki.

I'm not "the club".

Let's wait and see. If Pukki  is out next week then I was hopelessly wrong. If we don't bother getting stuck in next week I was hopelessly wrong.

We dont have to wait NN  it's been documented hes injured, just accept it man.

No one has called you 'the club'

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Double bluff is another expression for telling porkies which Farke surely would not do ?

No. I said I could be wrong and it could be a double bluff. Meaning he could be badly injured and confident he'd play next Saturday is the bluff.

What do you make of Farke's comments?